Diablo® III

The Prime Assassins Clan! (>^^)>

--------------------------The History of the Prime Assassins------------------------

Written By RedCell

With the Lords of the Burning Hells defeated and the World Stone destroyed, the land of Sanctuary rested. The heroes that smote down the Prime Evils went their separate ways, but, unlike the rest of Sanctuary, peace eluded them. Eventually, their tortured minds snapped, and they either ended their own brutish existence or were locked away in dank dungeons and forgotten. This history chronicles the actions of two of those fated heroes, lest Sanctuary forget those who remained vigilant while everyone else slept.

Once Tyreal shattered the World Stone, the Amazons and Assassins began to prepare to depart for their homeland. However, a small group of Amazons and Assassins advocated a different course of action, one where the two classes put their differences aside to form an army to slay the forces of Hell should they return.

What transpired next is almost too horrible to pen. Was the power of Diablo already working on the world of Sanctuary? Were the minds of the heroes already beginning to shatter? Regardless of the cause, we know that a heated argument arose between the two classes and that an arrow was loosed, be it intentional or accidental, that pierced the heart of an Assassin leader. This immediately plunged the entire encampment into war. Sadly, many courageous Amazons and Assassins were slain. Of those who remained, all scattered but two, the Amazon and Assassin who had planned the union between the two classes.

Undaunted by the horrific events that had transpired, together they set out to create a warrior yet unseen among the world of men, a warrior who not only embodied the primal skill of the Amazon but also had full mastery of the Assassin’s deadly arsenal.

They traveled the countryside recruiting those who had survived the demon hordes and embraced righteous hatred rather than fear. One recruit, Danetta, quickly rose to the top of the ranks by displaying unparalleled skill at everything they taught her. She was the first to master both the art of the Amazon and the Assassin.

After one summer had passed since the destruction of the World Stone, rumors began to spread about Danetta’s abilities surpassing that of the Amazon and Assassin, who had taken upon themselves the title of Grandmaster Hunter. Once they got wind of these rumors, the Grandmasters, whose minds had already begun to succumb to the tortures of Diablo, became enraged. Henceforth, they sought Danetta’s demise. Danetta noticed the change in their demeanor and, perceiving that they wanted to kill her, waited for them to move against her.

One hot, dusty afternoon in late summer, Danetta stood under a tree and looked on as some new recruits were being put through the grinder by other instructors. Natalya walked up with a worried look on her face and informed Danetta that the Grandmasters haven’t been seen all morning.

So, the die has been cast, she thought.

She scanned her surroundings and, conscious of the weight of the hand crossbows on her back, calculated her reaction time to various scenarios. As she watched, something in the periphery of her vision caught her attention.

A leaf! They’re above me!

With a flash of smoke she disappeared, confounding her would be assassins. In the next instant she sent a fusillade of bolts into the boughs of the tree while gliding across the ground with the grace of a deer, dodging the arrows and traps sent her way.

It ended almost as quickly as it started. Danetta walked over the base of the tree and looked down upon the ill-fated heroes now riddled with bolts. The Amazon lifted her eyes to meet those of Danetta and, with a mind momentarily clear, mouthed the words, “Thank you,” and breathed her last.

Danetta turned to Natalya and told her that it would not do for her to remain with the rest of the Demon Hunters henceforth, and that she intended to perfect her art alone. With that, she turned and struck out on her own.

Natalya and the rest of the demon hunters watched as Danetta’s form was slowly swallowed by the waves of heat rising from the Dreadlands, and just before she disappeared from view, Natalya said, in a voice barely audible to the others, “Truly, truly, there goes the Prime Assassin.”

------------------------------------------------ Epilogue -----------------------------------------------------

As time wore on, stories of a legendary warrior with unparalleled skill with bows and traps spread across Sanctuary. It was said that she would take on one disciple and train him in her art until he had mastered it. Then the two would part ways and each would take on a new disciple, thus their number and fame grew. Wherever tales of these warriors were mentioned, the whispered words, “Prime Assassins,” followed, as if carried on the wind.

http://www.theprimeassassins.com
Edited by DiEoxidE#1987 on 7/5/2014 10:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Are you ready to move forward as a Prime Assassin and fight courageously in the continuous slaying of the Prime evils? Are you wanting to be part of the epic lore and continue to shape it's path with like-minded players? Then join us as we move forward in the always evolving ranged game play!

- What are the new changes?

The admins have been discussing ways to improve the social aspects of the clan, as well as making the tools and utilities for D3 (such as TS) even easier to incorporate in our demon slaying for the past few months now. I have completely revamped the website and it looks really appealing! I also paid for a domain name as well as the upgrade, so I can bring about more QoL features! We also decided to remove the stat requirements for the clan and added a catchy lore, which also caused us to have to change the clan's name.

- Why did you remove the stat requirements?

We feel that the stat requirements to enter the clan served it's purpose at the start, which was to get people adjusted to the heavy micro ranged game play and not rely so much on gear for complete protection. Now that we've been out for some time with most understanding the basics of ranged game play and being able to apply them, we feel like the stat requirements become more of a burden. It sucks to have to be wary of upgrades and crafted items because current members would think "well damn, I can't wear that awesome craft because I'll go over 1050 vitality!" and it really starts to pigeon hole players rather than help. This also opens up the clan to more people that enjoy the exciting game play of ranged combat, but not meeting the necessary stat requirements.

- But now you wouldn't be considered glass cannons anymore right?

Exactly. We want to open up all options for ranged game play, and now it's a choice on whether you want to play glassy or a bit more beefy. What we want to advocate is the perks of ranged game play, not necessarily the ability to play the way some might play a ranged DH, and having to spec "glassy" hinders other possible options.

- So what's the new name and why the lore?

It's now called, The Prime Assassins Guild (based off our lore). The lore gives us something to fight for and it's exciting to continue and shape an epic story created by one of our very own throughout the life span of D3, and slay millions of demons at a distance with like-minded players.

- How will this effect current members?

It won't change much of anything for current members other than the fact that you are no longer binded to the previous stat requirements. There will also be more emphasis on website usage as things develop, so always check it out!

- How do I join and what's the website?

You can click on the link below to access our website

http://www.ThePrimeAssassins.com

To join, simply click on the "join us" tab on the menu bar for registration and follow instructions from there. We also highly encourage the use of TeamSpeak 3, as many of us are on, discussing everything from the latest news on ranged play, to a members issue with butt spiders apparently, to BlackVenom's amazing HC E-paragon progress in prep for Para 2.0 and much more! I even made it easier to access and log on to Team Speak on the website with the simple click of a button!

Don't forget to use the members tab on the website and add fellow Prime Assassins to hunt with!

- Are there any requirements?

Yes. You must be fitting for the lore, thus being a Ranged DH is the one and only requirement. This is obviously easier said than done, but if you agree with our cause and want be part of the continuing lore and what we stand for, we will train you in the ways of the Prime Assassin. If you join and feel like this isn't for you, you can simply leave as we understand this isn't for everyone.

Currently the biggest clan in D3 with over 100 members, we are always looking for more like-minded individuals to slay countless of demons. Are you the next Prime Assassin?

EDIT

Due to the request count and to make it easier on me, I'll need those inquiring to do the following:

1. Make sure you post here (something, anything) before requesting for an invite. I don't necessarily have to know who you are, as obviously I won't know everyone, but I'll at least know that it's not a complete random invite from people that just used the "search" engine, looking for anything to be a part of.

2. Make sure you read the first few post of this thread before applying. It's not just a generalized clan for DH's, though it is for those who main DH's. Please read the first few post and make sure that our clan philosophies, values and what we're about, are a fit for you. If you know you're not a fit, it's best to find other communities or clans that best suit you, otherwise you'll feel "left out" and "not a part" of the guild.

3. Through the website or in game clan chat, make sure you ask me about TeamSpeak. A lot of the vets tend to use TS and most of our game knowledge, debates, builds, strats etc are talked about in here. Whisper me or an officer, and we'll give you the password to enter TS.

I'll update the first post and add this somewhere in there. Happy inquiring!
Edited by DiEoxidE#1987 on 3/2/2014 8:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'm joining. :D

Disappointed in the requirements removal though, personally. Felt more exclusive and special.
Reply Quote

Disappointed in the requirements removal though, personally. Felt more exclusive and special.

Welcome!
Reply Quote
I'm glad to see the stat requirements removed and the focus put more on how you play. The game has evolved and gear stats are an ever moving target. Count me in, I was excluded because my SC DH had something like 10AR and 80 armor above requirements, but was more than 150 vit below.

@Redcell, nice lore. When I get the chance I'll join up on the clan site and put up my personal prologue. I love that kind of stuff-coming from an oldskool D&D background ;)
Reply Quote
I'm glad the stat requirement were eliminated... Because I actually started with a glass build when I joined GCB, but my upgrades and crafts put me well over the benchmark over the past 4 months.
Reply Quote

That stat restrictions achieved their intended purpose, that of reintroducing ranged play to the DH community. With that goal achieved, it's time to focus solely on game play and not worry about running into issues like Tropical posted about. Additionally, RoS was going to invalidate those limits anyway.

DiE has taken our clan to incredible heights. So join up, and experience some of the best D3 gameplay around ( you can't get this on Twitch).

@Rav1n

Thanks. I look forward to reading your prologue.
Reply Quote
I guess. I liked the idea of grouping with other ranged DH that knew if they got hit, they were done basically. By eliminating the requirement, it's just going to be like any normal DH, except firing at range maybe, but not really caring to move away or dodge stuff, because they can take a hundred hits anyway.
Reply Quote
@Baked

Most of us won't be changing our glass cannon gearing philosophy from the old GCB one iota, at least not until RoS. So, we'll still need to stutter step around mobs just like always in order to stay alive. The benefits of going forward under this new regime is that we can bring new players, who might otherwise have been turned away, train them in our ways, and, hopefully, overtime their gearing philosophy would conform to that of other ranged players such as myself and DiE.

So, fear not my friend. :)
Edited by RedCell#1728 on 8/31/2013 11:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm in! :D
Reply Quote
I'll sign up :) I play with a lot of the GCB crew, they're an awesome bunch, it'd be great to meet the rest of the clan ^.^

I'll regear him/her in a bit, but I run:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#cjVghY!cXe!bbZaZc with WF
and
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#cjVghd!cXe!ZbZaZ with Calamity

and Redcell's CHS:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9340954097

^^ dunno if that stuff is super important ^^
Edited by TastySouP#1157 on 8/31/2013 12:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/31/2013 11:03 AMPosted by Baked
I guess. I liked the idea of grouping with other ranged DH that knew if they got hit, they were done basically. By eliminating the requirement, it's just going to be like any normal DH, except firing at range maybe, but not really caring to move away or dodge stuff, because they can take a hundred hits anyway.

Personally, I'm still gearing under the requirements before, as I like to play glassy. Hell I consistently run mp 5 to 7 with actionkungfu and friends with only 300K EHP on hardcore.

Thing is, this is the way I want to play, but It shouldn't feel like everyone must play ranged the exact way that I do (although, anyone is more than welcome to do so). Keep in mind that as a ranged DH, you're going to want to spec heavy offense. It's in our nature, as who wants to be that guy standing to the side not really contributing to the slaying of demons with fellow assassins? It would be boring for that player be able to take an insane amount of hits but not have the offense to feel like they are actually slaying demons. Gearing for both a ton of EHP and DPS is insanely expensive, so sacrifices will be made anyways, and with most members gravitating towards glide instead of gloom for more comfortable ranged and swift game play as well as other runes, you probably don't want to be "that guy" perma-glooming and not being.... well.... awesome :D

There's plenty of identity to be had through this challenging game play. I will be reintroducing clan ranks, events, tourneys etc when the pre expansion content is released, so there will be plenty for you to strive for as an individual. I'm still trying to push my own limits. :)
Edited by DiEoxidE#1987 on 8/31/2013 12:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
(>^^)>
Reply Quote
08/31/2013 01:12 PMPosted by VocaloidNyan
(>^^)>

NO. Put some pants on first.
Reply Quote
Love the lore aspect, great job.

The d3 team has really been stressing the fact that they want to create a world with depth that players interact in, they would really like this. It fits with their goals for the game.

Good luck.
Reply Quote
I'll sign up :) I play with a lot of the GCB crew, they're an awesome bunch, it'd be great to meet the rest of the clan ^.^

I'll regear him/her in a bit, but I run:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#cjVghY!cXe!bbZaZc with WF
and
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#cjVghd!cXe!ZbZaZ with Calamity

and Redcell's CHS:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9340954097

^^ dunno if that stuff is super important ^^
Heya soup! Thought you were with the GCB clan, glad to see some changes, as hmk21 whispered earlier on, we have to evolve.... It is ON!!!! Hope to see the same crew with new members... Will start recruiting.....
Reply Quote
08/31/2013 12:46 PMPosted by DiEoxidE

Personally, I'm still gearing under the requirements before, as I like to play glassy. Hell I consistently run mp 5 to 7 with actionkungfu and friends with only 300K EHP on hardcore.

Thing is, this is the way I want to play, but It shouldn't feel like everyone must play ranged the exact way that I do (although, anyone is more than welcome to do so). Keep in mind that as a ranged DH, you're going to want to spec heavy offense. It's in our nature, as who wants to be that guy standing to the side not really contributing to the slaying of demons with fellow assassins? It would be boring for that player be able to take an insane amount of hits but not have the offense to feel like they are actually slaying demons. Gearing for both a ton of EHP and DPS is insanely expensive, so sacrifices will be made anyways, and with most members gravitating towards glide instead of gloom for more comfortable ranged and swift game play as well as other runes, you probably don't want to be "that guy" perma-glooming and not being.... well.... awesome :D

There's plenty of identity to be had through this challenging game play. I will be reintroducing clan ranks, events, tourneys etc when the pre expansion content is released, so there will be plenty for you to strive for as an individual. I'm still trying to push my own limits. :)
I am "that guy", and I am awesome. When $h!t hits the fan and you guys made of glass need to split, I'll tank it out and cover your retreat. :D
Reply Quote
I am "that guy", and I am awesome. When $h!t hits the fan and you guys made of glass need to split, I'll tank it out and cover your retreat. :D

easy on the fingers too
Reply Quote
So.. uh.. need any lab rats in the group? :P
Reply Quote

Haha, definitely didn't have HC in mind when I wrote that and yes, you are awesome lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]