Diablo® III

Monsters you skip or kill (as a CM/WW)

A lot of these topics have probably been done, but not since I've been here... don't wanna necro any neither.

What are the monsters/quests you always skip or always kill? Unless I'm doing a speed run only looking for elites or the KW, I always kill trees in act 1. You could replace Diablo's profile with one of Old Man tree, and the game would feel about right in terms of difficulty. If I see a tree, I make sure I kill it... BUT, if I see the Old Man tree quest, I skip that faster than hopscotch.

Sure I get killed by bulls every now and then... act 2 blazing (fire) guardians are a pain in the !@#.. act 3 tremors or heralds of pestilence are all equally as bad... but trees are still #1.
Reply Quote
I always open that chest, but I never stay to fight the tree boss as I get the stack for free already.
Reply Quote
I kill it all. I don't discriminate.
Reply Quote
Less about type, more about number. I'll skip any monster in group 3 or less. (Or more likely, twister/freeze/twister--> tele to larger pack. They may follow and die incidentally)

Burn stuff down until 2-3 left before zoomzoom away. One or two of them usually die off screen.
Reply Quote
Less about type, more about number. I'll skip any monster in group 3 or less. (Or more likely, twister/freeze/twister--> tele to larger pack. They may follow and die incidentally)

Burn stuff down until 2-3 left before zoomzoom away. One or two of them usually die off screen.

This is exactly what I do. When a big group is mostly dead, maybe 1 or 2 still alive, I just move on to the next group. If the first 2 follow, great, if not, whatever. But other than that, I kill everything (as long as it's in a big enough pack).
Reply Quote
In the Aussie forum, we call the fields run "E's, Keys and Trees" (E for elites of course).

My meteors like blood.
Reply Quote
Guess I haven't really hung around the Australian/NZ forums enough to pick up on that. It's somewhat dead :(

EKT... noice.
Reply Quote
Guess I haven't really hung around the Australian/NZ forums enough to pick up on that. It's somewhat dead :(

EKT... noice.

Before the lag got too great, after an uber carry abend, YDFWM and I would round up the entire fields with about 3-4 packs, Old man, 20 trees, 20 bulls and Keywarden, then battle for about 10 mins straight. Fuukkn awesome :>
Reply Quote
hahaha I would definitely die to lag 100% of the time in that mess. Also, clicking on someone's flag and getting insta-blown up from tree droppings..

These days I tend to kill any mobs with more than 4 since I've started a new wizard. All that juicy experience... but still... Old Man can f*ck off :)
Edited by MrDuMa#1541 on 9/2/2013 7:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]