Diablo® III

I just wanna say keep up the great work!

08/27/2013 09:17 AMPosted by rwbivins
The sad part is, I am willing to and have dumped money in to LoL why? Cause they listen, do updates regularly and add stuff to the game. Riot isn't as big as blizzard is, yet they find the time to have 50+ posts per day by the devs, while here we get maybe 10 and all the comments are crap saying "oh we can't talk about this now but SOON we will have more information". That right there is why most of the people who play this game are upset considering how a smaller company can be so in-depth with there players and this games devs are just meh.

You need to keep in mind that multi-billion dollar game companies protect their IP. They don't
just blurt out every new idea they are working on. They also have this thing called marketing which
gets really messed up when they spill the beans to quick. It's true, it's business, it's life.
Get over it.

They can be on the forums all day replying to whiners and haters or spend that time working
on improving the game. I'd prefer they keep doing their job. There are community mods here...
no reason a AAA class developer with a world class team should be replying to threads that
complain about the issues they are fixing already, right?

TROLL: Whaa whaa whaaa.... fix this, fix that, fix my face with a wiffleball bat!
DEV: Can't do it... I'm here reading trollsauce.
TROLL: fix the game
DEV: ok
TROLL: Where did you go? Why art thou ignorething meh?
DEV: fixing the game... heard you the first time.

Well considering they haven't fixed the main flaws with the game and have had over a year to do so, they need to be !@#$%ed at, They need to kick themselves in the ^-* and actually get some real work done and listening to the community and giving us regular updates on what they are doing to improve the game should be of paramount importance. This "world class team" isn't doing a very good job of addressing the key issues, which is why so many players left the game shortly after launch. Over a year later the same issues are still in place.
Reply Quote
To make a long story short:

I never said D3 was perfect. Just said it's further along than it's predecessors.
I also said "KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK" which means more work is to be done.
The team is very well aware of the work to be done. Instead of pissing on their hard
labor and efforts I choose to encourage their efforts and encourage them to continue
making improvements like the countless ones they already have made.

I'm a gamer. This is a game I enjoy. I love D3. And you do too.

If not, why are we here? Certainly there is something better to do with ones time
then spend all day whining about a game they don't even like or play.... wait a
minute... you play it too? Oh.... so THAT explains why your on the forums instead
of doing runs. :D

END OF STORY.
Reply Quote
To make a long story short:

I never said D3 was perfect. Just said it's further along than it's predecessors.
I also said "KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK" which means more work is to be done.
The team is very well aware of the work to be done. Instead of pissing on their hard
labor and efforts I choose to encourage their efforts and encourage them to continue
making improvements like the countless ones they already have made.

I'm a gamer. This is a game I enjoy. I love D3. And you do too.

If not, why are we here? Certainly there is something better to do with ones time
then spend all day whining about a game they don't even like or play.... wait a
minute... you play it too? Oh.... so THAT explains why your on the forums instead
of doing runs. :D

END OF STORY.

There main priority with the game should have been to fix the major issues and retain most of the player base at launch but a year later and we still have the sames problems. I wouldn't say their work has been very great at all. Their labor and efforts were misplaced and still might be, but we don't know because they are not actively communicating with the community. I care about this game and because of that reason I am angered that these problems persist. I want this game to be better because it has such potential. Everyone who does care about this game should be telling the devs and everyone about it's problems so they can be addressed and fixed. I am on the forums right now because the game went down for maintenance and I play many other games. I play D3 occasionally because I don't like the state the game is currently in.
Reply Quote
Well considering they haven't fixed the main flaws with the game and have had over a year to do so, they need to be !@#$%ed at, They need to kick themselves in the ^-* and actually get some real work done and listening to the community and giving us regular updates on what they are doing to improve the game should be of paramount importance. This "world class team" isn't doing a very good job of addressing the key issues, which is why so many players left the game shortly after launch. Over a year later the same issues are still in place.

28 minutes ago

The main flaw with this game is itemization and item drops, and that is obviously being worked on. Core elements of a game like this can and do take literal years to find a proper balance, so stop acting like you know exactly when everything should've been perfect.

This game is a one time purchase that maintains online servers and gets a lot of patching and development. Stop acting like such an entitled brat; this game is a great deal.
Edited by Godzilla#1811 on 8/27/2013 10:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote

28 minutes ago

The main flaw with this game is itemization and item drops, and that is obviously being worked on. Core elements of a game like this can and do take literal years to find a proper balance, so stop acting like you know exactly when everything should've been perfect.

This game is a one time purchase that maintains online servers and gets a lot of patching and development. Stop acting like such an entitled brat; this game is a great deal.

I'm acting like someone who wants to fix the problems instead of silencing people talking about them. They economy isn't the only problem and in a years time they aren't even moving in the right direction. I paid $60 because I wanted the game they promised and that people expected them to deliver and still want that game, however it is no where close to being that. The patches and things they have added are literally doing nothing to fix key issues with the game. I want this game to succeed but the track they are on right now isn't on the right path, hence the state of the game.
Edited by DivineCrysis#1942 on 8/27/2013 10:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
If they weren't dedicated to the community there would be no paragon, no infernal machine, no updated legendary items, no patches, no expansion, no class balancing etc...

Rome wasn't built in a day. The game is also free to play.

And there'd be less players than there is now, considering they needed to make some of these patches. They made a game with no actual end-game. You farm items to farm items to farm items to farm items to farm items to ....PvP? Nope. To just farm items.
Reply Quote
+1 OP...ignore the haters. They'll all be playing the expansion right along with the rest of us :)
Reply Quote
08/27/2013 10:35 AMPosted by Zaknaril
+1 OP...ignore the haters. They'll all be playing the expansion right along with the rest of us :)

Obviously :D
Reply Quote
Love your post! Thumbs -up! & Good Work....I agree with all those statement's & then some....Blizzard has done an excellent job, Keeping the grinding going! And keeping the peace as well...Ever notice how the critique's all vanish, Just before Expansion's or new add-on's come out?...My theory is they say 1 thing, only too buy it & play themselves...Isn't that funny everyone?...And is first lead's too a professional hack's after hour as well; Because when they criticize & still find the time too play; The Fact's never add up Or make any sense...
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
08/27/2013 09:00 AMPosted by rwbivins
I paid $60 to play this game. I have paid $0 to play LoL. Now tell me which game is free to play?

It is not a free game. It is free to play online after you purchase it. Back to your bridge Mr. Troll.

Its free to play only after you have already spent money on it.......... That is not what free to play is.
Reply Quote
08/27/2013 10:23 AMPosted by DivineCrysis
I'm acting like someone who wants to fix the problems instead of silencing people talking about them. They economy isn't the only problem and in a years time they aren't even moving in the right direction. I paid $60 because I wanted the game they promised and that people expected them to deliver and still want that game, however it is no where close to being that. The patches and things they have added are literally doing nothing to fix key issues with the game. I want this game to succeed but the track they are on right now isn't on the right path, hence the state of the game.

The economy is the only broken thing about the game and there's a lot of progress on that coming in the expansion patch. You're just complaining in vague cliche's and likely don't even know what it is you want. This game is literally 10x what you get from most one-time purchase games. If you don't like it then whatever, you know what they say about opinions, but don't try to act like you were objectively or factually ripped off.
Reply Quote

The economy is the only broken thing about the game and there's a lot of progress on that coming in the expansion patch. You're just complaining in vague cliche's and likely don't even know what it is you want. This game is literally 10x what you get from most one-time purchase games. If you don't like it then whatever, you know what they say about opinions, but don't try to act like you were objectively or factually ripped off.

That is not the only problem, there are many balancing issues as well and very low variety in builds. I do feel ripped off and so did most of the player base at launch considering they left, because they didn't deliver what was promised by them. I'm complaining because after a years time basically nothing has really been done to deal with key flaws in the game and the expansion will hopefully fix some problems. We are still unsure of exactly what they are going to do though. Instead of being a fanboy and defending the game from game breaking flaws like the economy, you should be complaining about it as well so the devs understand how paramount the problem is and focus completely on it.
Edited by DivineCrysis#1942 on 8/28/2013 9:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
08/28/2013 09:12 AMPosted by DivineCrysis
That is not the only problem, there are many balancing issues as well and very low variety in builds. I do feel ripped off and so did most of the player base at launch considering they left, because they didn't deliver what was promised by them. I'm complaining because after a years time basically nothing has really been done to deal with key flaws in the game and the expansion will hopefully fix some problems. We are still unsure of exactly what they are going to do though. Instead of being a fanboy and defending the game from game breaking flaws like the economy, you should be complaining about it as well so the devs understand how paramount the problem is and focus completely on it.

Every game on the planet has balance issues which result in certain builds being more popular, that wasn't going to get fixed in a year or 20 years. That's the kind of thing that's never fixed but balance has been tweaked and patched in this game. This isn't a competitive game, though, so balance isn't what they should be focused on. To this day Diablo2 may be the most imbalanced, lacking in build variety, game ever made.

They need to fix the economy and item drops; those are what's broken and that's what I see them trying to address in the expansion patch. I'm not a fanboy; I'm just someone who realizes that useless and vague COMPLAINING draws attention away from constructive criticism. These forums are useless for feedback since none of you can seem to figure that out.
Edited by Godzilla#1811 on 8/28/2013 9:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
08/28/2013 09:23 AMPosted by Godzilla

Every game on the planet has balance issues which result in certain builds being more popular, that wasn't going to get fixed in a year or 20 years. That's the kind of thing that's never fixed but balance has been tweaked and patched in this game. This isn't a competitive game, though, so balance isn't what they should be focused on. To this day Diablo2 may be the most imbalanced, lacking in build variety, game ever made.

They need to fix the economy and item drops; those are what's broken and that's what I see them trying to address in the expansion patch. I'm not a fanboy; I'm just someone who realizes that useless and vague COMPLAINING draws attention away from constructive criticism. These forums are useless for feedback since none of you can seem to figure that out.

D3 was in development for far longer than most games and what came out was a broken game. The certain viable builds basically force you to use them because of how much better they are than anything else. That is a major problem with the game and should have been dealt with in development not after release. They will not be able to fix the economy with the expansion because of the way they developed the game. They may be able to provide something for short term relief to help a little but they won't be able to actually fix it which is the biggest problem. The 2.0 patch will help but won't fix the state of the economy. Complaining does seem some what useless in the forums for this game because they devs don't take the time to actively listen and update us on things. Complaining about flaws in a game in a community where devs actually listen gets things done and accomplished because the devs see it and focus their attention on it to fix it as quickly as possible. Basically the opposite of how things are here. Complaining doesn't draw attention away from constructive criticism but draws attention to a problem so that solutions can be thought up by devs. People like you who !@#$% about people telling the devs what the problems are are apart of what is making things useless.
Reply Quote
All I have to say is at this point in it's life-cycle D3 is far and beyond the growth,itemization and unique perks that D2 was a year or so after it's release.

Whatever you're having please pass it over. Cause what you said above is so far from the truth I giggled.
Reply Quote
I loved D2 without the addon. I was enough to keep you playing for months to farm Mephisto and Diablo. Then the add-on hit and it was a whole lot more but the original game was already great. Also Diablo 3 should be better than D2 LOD because they already have the experience of launching that!
Stop making this !@#$ty argument about how D2 was only good after the add-on. It's not true.
Reply Quote
08/28/2013 09:44 AMPosted by DivineCrysis
D3 was in development for far longer than most games and what came out was a broken game. The certain viable builds basically force you to use them because of how much better they are than anything else. That is a major problem with the game and should have been dealt with in development not after release. They will not be able to fix the economy with the expansion because of the way they developed the game. They may be able to provide something for short term relief to help a little but they won't be able to actually fix it which is the biggest problem. The 2.0 patch will help but won't fix the state of the economy. Complaining does seem some what useless in the forums for this game because they devs don't take the time to actively listen and update us on things. Complaining about flaws in a game in a community where devs actually listen gets things done and accomplished because the devs see it and focus their attention on it to fix it as quickly as possible. Basically the opposite of how things are here. Complaining doesn't draw attention away from constructive criticism but draws attention to a problem so that solutions can be thought up by devs. People like you who !@#$% about people telling the devs what the problems are are apart of what is making things useless.

Saying, "the game's been in development X long so it should be balanced" is useless complaining. Balance is a never-ending process and I'm sure everyone on these forums thinks they have the answer and that Blizzard should be using your ideas, but that's not how it works. Your complaining is useless because you have the mindset of a child. Balance is not going to be their primary concern; you need only play Diablo2 for an hour to realize that. It's not what these games are about, but it has been tweaked and will continue to be.

Now the economy will always be inflated, but that's not why it's broken. The Diablo2 economy was broken and horribly inflated to, but it worked fine. Do you know why? Because while perfect stat gear and mega-rare items were horribly inflated in price, they weren't THAT much better than the stuff you could reasonably find on your own. The AH is supposed to feel necessary for the top of the line stuff, not for gearing every step of the way. This was the first thing that absolutely needed to be remedied and it seems like they're aware of it.
Reply Quote
08/28/2013 12:46 PMPosted by Godzilla

Saying, "the game's been in development X long so it should be balanced" is useless complaining. Balance is a never-ending process and I'm sure everyone on these forums thinks they have the answer and that Blizzard should be using your ideas, but that's not how it works. Your complaining is useless because you have the mindset of a child. Balance is not going to be their primary concern; you need only play Diablo2 for an hour to realize that. It's not what these games are about, but it has been tweaked and will continue to be.

Now the economy will always be inflated, but that's not why it's broken. The Diablo2 economy was broken and horribly inflated to, but it worked fine. Do you know why? Because while perfect stat gear and mega-rare items were horribly inflated in price, they weren't THAT much better than the stuff you could reasonably find on your own. The AH is supposed to feel necessary for the top of the line stuff, not for gearing every step of the way. This was the first thing that absolutely needed to be remedied and it seems like they're aware of it.

It's not useless saying that because it shows that the devs work ethic and focus is poor. Having that many years to develop and fine tune a game, the release of it should have showed an amazing game. Instead we get a lackluster imbalanced, more so than most games and to the point that it is a major problem, game. The fact that it is this imbalanced is terrible. Not sure why you are assuming everyone has an answer to it. Everyone knows the problem and will continue to point it out until it is fixed. You do such a good job backing up your argument with valid points such as calling someone a child. That doesn't make you sound immature and lessen your argument at all. Diablo 3 is not Diablo 2 and this game should have expanded upon that and fixed the mistakes from the past but instead they decided not to. Balance is a key issue and the current state of it is a poor excuse. The D2 AH and the D3 one are very different in that the amount of gold needed for a decent item that will probably only slightly upgrade you is completely ridiculous and outrageous and should not be the case. The way D3 is you use the AH to gear every step of the way because most of the time the gear you find is completely useless and for end game there is literally nothing else to do than farm, which also another big problem.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]