Diablo® III

Use this 5b gold or I will!

Not enough time or energy to read thread but if you need another big brother I can help a monk out on weekends. Havn't played much lately I am always up for a helping hand.

Cheers,
CC-

Would you also be willing to help buy gear? Pretty much you get 500m and can choose 1 or more monks to help out and use that gold for that purpose. If you're down for that I'll add you to the official list.
Reply Quote
Got the 500 mil from Amiar. As I told him, this is going to take at least a week. I'll do my best, guys.

Spear (the Monk, who always does his best)
Reply Quote
Got the 500 mil from Amiar. As I told him, this is going to take at least a week. I'll do my best, guys.

Spear (the Monk, who always does his best)

omg I'm excited to see the outcome of your set!! XD!!!
high end budget gearing ftw!!
Reply Quote
@QH, I've got bids in already. Me and the gold are primed and ready to go.

Spear-chucker (primed and ready)
Reply Quote
So, what's my suggestion then? A three pronged approached.

1) Have a cut off point for entrants to giveaways. Such as 30k elite kills, 2000 hrs of play time. Such a range of playtime and elite kills should get them enough gold to farm decently, even on a second char.

2) Have a raffle for the giveaway. All interested players will have to submit an entrance fee to participate in the giveaway. Amount can be discussed at a later date. But it should not be too low nor too high. Too low, everyone will enter. Too high, people who genuinely need help can't enter. The gold gathered from the raffle ticket can be used in future for more giveaways.

3) Winner will get a set which is not too far off from his current set. Meaning, a player with 30k dps will not get a set with 250k dps. A 100k dps jump to 150k dps is still alright to me, but too big a gap and the gameplay seems to be totally different (different builds, different MP). Of course, this is actually one of the reason for giveaways! But, if it's too big a jump, the winner might not be really able to appreciate the true value of the giveaway set.

Hopefully, the three pronged approach is at least worthy to be a topic of discussion among the elite forummers..

I'm trying to think about how to handle team barb's 2b concession prize, and found this to be a fantastic and thought-provoking post. I like everything you listed except for the entrance fee. I agree that incremental jumps can often be where the winner would appreciate the value the most.

Hi Silverfire, feel free to tweak this idea to your own to cater to your class's needs! I'm just stating a brief idea of my concept, and I'm glad that it's of value to you.

If you wanna discuss in details, you can add me in game too :)
Reply Quote
@Amiar

You can give any gold allotted for myself to Scrapz and/or make a new thread inquiring which monks wanted to do a s/b build. I don't have any open FL spots at this time or I'd send you an add.
Reply Quote
I'm been clawing myself along by sniping and flipping cheapo stuff on the AH, so far all my gear has been acquired that way other than a few pieces I crafted. It's been pretty fun trying to upgrade this way, rather than going and buying millions of gold and just laying it all on my toon at once.

I'm pretty new to D3 actually, owned the game since release, but just started playing it a month or so ago, my monk is by far and away my favorite character and what I would consider my "main".

All that being said, I'm not really too interested in having a set of gear handed to me, as I sort of like the fun of learning as I go, but I just wanted to say I think what you are doing is awesome :) I spend a lot of time reading in this forum, and there are some really great /helpful people.

Nice community here.

Cheers!
Reply Quote
This building stuff is fun. Kinda forgot what it was like since I haven't bought that much recently. Got bids out on 9 items.

Spear (entrepreneur extraordinaire)
Reply Quote
View profile
Not enough time or energy to read thread but if you need another big brother I can help a monk out on weekends. Havn't played much lately I am always up for a helping hand.

Cheers,
CC-

Would you also be willing to help buy gear? Pretty much you get 500m and can choose 1 or more monks to help out and use that gold for that purpose. If you're down for that I'll add you to the official list.

Sure and whomever I mentor can help make the decisions with my guidance. Better to teach a man to fish then give him the fish directly so when they eventually want to upgrade they can do it confidently.

Cheers,
CC-
Reply Quote
Sure and whomever I mentor can help make the decisions with my guidance. Better to teach a man to fish then give him the fish directly so when they eventually want to upgrade they can do it confidently.

Cheers,
CC-

+1
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
Amiar. Sent you a FR as well. Didnt really get yours. :)
Reply Quote
THIS is awesome! Really glad to see people wanting to help out the community. I know I could use some help in trying to get my monk to do higher MP as having some trouble getting past MP5 and not sure if it's my build or I just need to get better gear. So having someone to help teach me and guide me to become more efficient with my monk would be awesome.
Reply Quote
no kidding it is really cool that people want to help others. i think my problem is lack of LS and vit but no idea really how to get those things and not gimp myself
Reply Quote
Anyone else who is interested in being a big brother, please post here so I can hook you up with your gold.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
@spear-chucker is there any way I could add you and you could just give me some pointers? I really don't like handouts cause I am a do it yourself kinda guy but I do feel like I have hit a brick wall with my monk and he is my main toon. Just let me know if you can add me and I'll tell you my battletag and thanks for reading this.
Reply Quote
If you are still interested in being a big brother, please add me and message me in game.

Amiar#1992
Reply Quote
@Spear, as I've mentioned in another post, your new set build always excite me!

Deathroyalty - already a friend of Monk's Gear Building Artist!
Reply Quote
People who said they wanted to be big brothers haven't checked in/showed prolonged interest or haven't added me in game. I'm not going to track you down for this volunteer-y position.

So if you still want to help out let me know and I'll hook you up with the gold.

If not, I'll spend the rest of it how I see fit with some input from some people I trust. So this is your last call to get it and do with as we planned! Got 3b of the 4b allotted left.
Reply Quote
View profile
I'll take on a big brother roll. Really enjoy helping the community. Currently at work but I usually sign on in the am to check ah before bed send me friend request we can do the exchange
Edited by BladeMaster#1559 on 9/9/2013 9:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hey blademaster, thanks for your interest. Can you add me in game? What timezone are you in so I can know when I can likely find you? I'll be on tomorrow at about 11am EST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]