Diablo® III

Use this 5b gold or I will!

wouldnt a poll be better?

I definitely like the big brother idea better. I'd like someone to talk to and teach me. but both are good. im new to this game but havent been able to find a good community to join. There's this really nice and helpful player i met though. but honestly i havent played co-operative that much but most of time its just no word from anyone. =(
Reply Quote
@nameless. While the charity idea is good, I just don't like it for the fact that the point of giving the sets away is to enable people who don't "pay 2 win" to get decent gear. With the charity thing its just people paying for the gear (albeit going to a good cause).

I also don't really like the raffle idea, but I can see how it could prevent people from looking needy etc. I've still yet to see a great idea that a lot of people have agreed on.

For those of you who want differentiation between the price of certain sets, what are you looking at? This is all a numbers game for me, so throw me some numbers that add up to 6b.

We could do something like:
1b set: X1
750m set: X2
500m set: X4

This would be 4.5b gold and leave 1.5 left for the odds and ends corner where people might only need one upgrade or so (I think the odds and end corner is my most concrete thing that I want to do no matter what).

08/31/2013 10:43 AMPosted by SirNick
At least your gold value has almost doubled :P

If this was my gold and I was more daring I'd sell it on the RMAH, wait a week and then have 12b gold :P But it's not, and I'm not, and I don't want to lose all the monk communities gold :P
Edited by Amiar#1992 on 8/31/2013 4:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
So how did the barbs lost the challenge:)
Reply Quote
I was just talking with Relentless. What if we did the builder competition with 6 500m sets (3b) and 2 750m sets (1.5) and had 1.5 left for odds and ends.

That way we get 6 really decent sets and 2 nice sets. We could then find 8 needy monks and hook them up.

I'm just not sure what the winner would get (choose 2 people to receive a set?)

I want to nail down all the details of how to spend this so people know what's going on and don't complain when it doesn't get spent how someone wants. Now is your time to chime in.

08/31/2013 04:19 PMPosted by jon
So how did the barbs lost the challenge:)

They got outplayed.
Reply Quote
Nice
Gratz monk team!
Reply Quote
As I haven't read up on the prizes, from memory I vaguely recall that the winning team, or forum in this case, received all the sets used in the challenge. So given that, this 6B gold is in addition to the 20 sets used for the competition? If that's the case, where are the 20 sets?

I'd advise having Druin post the rules of donating the 20 sets and the 6B gold as he was the team lead. If he has no interest in distributing the sets or gold, then I would be surprised.
Reply Quote
As I haven't read up on the prizes, from memory I vaguely recall that the winning team, or forum in this case, received all the sets used in the challenge. So given that, this 6B gold is in addition to the 20 sets used for the competition? If that's the case, where are the 20 sets?

I'd advise having Druin post the rules of donating the 20 sets and the 6B gold as he was the team lead. If he has no interest in distributing the sets or gold, then I would be surprised.

Good points, I had forgotten the details...
Reply Quote
Yes, we do have 20 sets, but right now we aren't really sure how to distribute those. I had thought it would be nice to give them out between the different communities (including monk). The problem is that it's hard for one person to get all the sets to figure out what to do with them, so I'm taking a stab at leading that up as well as the gold thing.

People haven't been to vocal with how they feel things should be distributed, so I'm really looking for feedback from the community to make the most people happy :D
Reply Quote
View profile
you'll want to find people who've been playing long enough to show they're going to stay for the long term, but new enough that the sets are a drastic improvement to them...
Reply Quote
08/31/2013 06:02 PMPosted by MrMojoRisin
you'll want to find people who've been playing long enough to show they're going to stay for the long term, but new enough that the sets are a drastic improvement to them...

Yeah, pretty much. I'd like to see things done in a way that makes it so that people who have been around a while and really contributed to the community get a part of this. I'd rather not see it go to a bunch of noobs or trolls. Noobs benefit from set giveaways as it is, and perhaps those who get something from this can pass there old stuff down in the community in a trickle effect?
Reply Quote
Pass the set to little brother i guess is a good idea.
Reply Quote
@amiar

Have you discussed your plan with Druin? Knowing him, he probably has already established rules for the sets and gold giveaways/donations/whatever it will be.

As one with no interest in receiving anything, I'd suggest you talk to all the team leads if you plan on donating gears to other forums, which I think is a nice gesture to all.
Reply Quote
Wow very ambitious. We got 2b as a consolation prize along with the wizards, and I was thinking of simply of simply building 10 gearsets, but your "big brother" idea goes a step further.

An issue with giveaway sets is that the recipients often "mess them up", by changing pieces to get higher sheet DPS or what have you, but having someone work with the mentee would help.
Reply Quote
@JCO Evertime I'm on druin is afk or doing something. I really haven't talked with him since before he left for Montana. As for the other gear sets I was thinking of letting the barbs give away one of their barbs, the wizards a wiz and the WDs a WD. I think that's fair for all, eh?

I agree with no only gearing up "noobs" :D How could we utilize this gold in an effective way so that we get a lot of good benefit for everyone?
Reply Quote
Is the 4monks vs 4barbs ever gonna happen?
Reply Quote
I’ve been playing D3 since last year May, and have been playing very often since then. Through the patches, we have seen lots; the part where monks sucks, and the part where monks shine too.

Even so, I’ve not given up on monk. And from what I recall, most of us did not abandon monk too, even when we created a sub char. I take it that we’re just “exploring” other classes, at least that is the case for me. At the end of the day, monk is still the best class to play, or most suitable to my game play.

Ok, enough of the introduction. My case in point is, nowadays, people aim for MP10. That’s for sure. But, to reach there, it takes tremendous effort and luck (good drops, anyone?). I, for one, do not have the latter. Luck has been evading me, and I never had more than 150m gold at any time. If not for flipping on AH (4 times?), I would not even reach 100m. I was poor, and had only 20m gold, before I would spend them on minor upgrades.

I had engaged the help of Silver32 previously, gave him 15m gold, and he upgraded my gear decently. I was then capable of doing MP5 comfortably. Before that, I was only able to do MP4 solo.

However, even with Silver32’s set, I was not able to play on MP10, for sure. And all the nice monks in forum plays MP10. I definitely would like to hook up with you guys in game, but, I’m unable to sustain MP10 unless I gear defensively, which I have to when I play with my 3 friends. That set is for uber.. 20k dps, 7k armour, 700++ AR (OWE, STI).

I’m quite sure there’s lots of us who are in similar predicament as me, and would be beneficial to the big brother idea, where there will be a mentor to guide them on gearing properly.
But the main point I would like to make, is for the sets which you’ll be giving out to be MP10 capable. It is not necessary to be MP10 capable for solo, but, it’ll be really awesome if it’s MP10 capable in team play. To be able to deal substantive damage, yet having ample mitigation to sustain effectively.

If not for Silver32’s kind assistance in gearing me up, and for Starwulf’s kind donation of his off-hand weapon to me when he upgraded it, I would not have reached 150k dps. But, even with this paper dps, I was not able to play on MP8. Thus, I find that the big brother idea will be really beneficial to a lot of us. And of course, the giveaway sets which hopefully will be MP10 capable.
If there’s any monks who wanna play MP6 or MP7, I would be glad to play with you guys. Any kind of runs (DE, EXP etc).
Reply Quote
Ok I just checked a bunch of items on the AH and with buyouts currently I could get a full set of TR gear (minus bracers, because, let's face it, if you roll crit on your bracers and nothing else theyre better than almost anything on the AH. And I guess if you wanted placeholders they'd be like 5m) cost only ~320m gold. I also included gems in the price (about 50m)

And that's with gear similar to mine and not really hunting for buyouts. The reason I did TR was because the weapons would be so much cheaper.

I think with ~300m we could put together some decent TR sets and even some high MP sets. With 500m I know mp10 would be 100% doable.

@yuan I think you bring up a good point. I agree that there wouldn't be a point to making a monk who wasn't mp10 capable. Will they have 200k dps for a low budget? Probably not. But I think if we get them around 700AR (owe) and 5500 armor (STI) and 40k hp with over 120k-150k dps with 2x LS they should be in a good place.

Do you guys think it would be cool to do the gear challenge+big brother? That way there could be open discussion about which pieces are best in slot for a certain budget to be able to attain mp10. After the sets are made, the makers can pair up and explain their sets/gear choices and do a run or 2 with their new monk to show them the ropes. It might be good to then pair up with other classes to explain things like not using bells with a CM wiz or COB doctor etc.
Edited by Amiar#1992 on 8/31/2013 7:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I had help from Silver32 too and he helped me gear decently to be able to solo MP7-8 on my own.

Would definitely like any sort of help to be able to push my monk further into higher MP's.
Reply Quote
I'd leave this up for at least a couple more days before making any final decisions. I realize it is 24 hours since you posted and a Saturday, but I'd like to see more than 2 pages of feedback. I'd like to see some of the other team members chime in here too, as well as some of the more established in the community who haven't posted yet.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
Amiar

And that's with gear similar to mine and not really hunting for buyouts. The reason I did TR was because the weapons would be so much cheaper.

I think with ~300m we could put together some decent TR sets and even some high MP sets. With 500m I know mp10 would be 100% doable.

That depends I have been scouting on the ah for almost 2 weeks now for the gear service I am doing. Some items drastically change prices over 1 week. The price are really unstable. Could be caused by the influx of new spirits playing because of the announcement of the Xpac (other theories are out there).
Edited by AlphaShift14#1155 on 8/31/2013 8:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]