Diablo® III

Use this 5b gold or I will!

08/31/2013 07:28 PMPosted by Amiar
@yuan I think you bring up a good point. I agree that there wouldn't be a point to making a monk who wasn't mp10 capable. Will they have 200k dps for a low budget? Probably not. But I think if we get them around 700AR (owe) and 5500 armor (STI) and 40k hp with over 120k-150k dps with 2x LS they should be in a good place.

Thank you so much Amiar for reading through my lengthy post! The above two passives should still be a requirement for the new set benefactors to use, else, they would not have much stuff left to upgrade in future.

D3 is all about constant upgrading of gears, and enjoying the journey doing so.

Though I have been in the shadows all along, only posting on and off at times, I really admire the bonding Monks had since the beginning of D3. The theorycrafters had shared their findings, and other monks ride on to their findings and brings back other benefits to fellow monks, such as set giveaways, free set buildings etc.

I believe Monks still have a long way to go, but definitely, monk forums is the best among all of the D3 class forums!

Thanks to everyone who have participated in the challenge, Be it direct participation as a team member, or giving comments to their gears, you guys have contributed to today's "dilemma". But it's a good problem; shows that you guys really simply wants fellow monks to benefit from this.

Btw, I am of the idea of leaving a chunk of the gold to the winning team. I think you guys deserve it!
Reply Quote
As there are not many pvper's in the game right now. I'm a pretty seasoned brawler. I can offer to help build a set and mentor a monk looking into getting into the PvP scene.

I can also help hold and distribute sets on my alts. If you need references, I'm sure many can vouch for me. Also JCO, you have lots of empty toon space left on your account. You could probably help hold some of those sets also.
Reply Quote
I offered also but i cant be trusted it seems
Reply Quote
As I discussed with Amiar earlier I am in favor of a set building competition amongst the gear gurus we have here. I think we'll get the most out of our gold if we let the best builders do what they do. Couple that with the Big Brother program to help those who receive the gear and I think we have a winning idea. The tough part is probably selecting who gets the gear in the end. Finding elder monks to help mentor should be easy. I already have been doing that Big Brother role with a few monks over the last year and I would happily continue doing so with the sets we build.

I think setting aside (1.5B) for high end one slot upgrades is a fine idea as well. I'm guessing this will probably just be a weapon fund haha.

As for the comp sets we won, well I would like Druin to voice his opinion on this, but I agree with Amiar that finding Druin anything other than AFK is pretty tough lately. He has given so much to the community he deserves any amount of time off he wants. When he has time I'm sure he'll return with a <3 and a :) for everyone. Until then, I'm fine with any of my teammates testing out their idea on how to distribute the gear by staging any kind of raffle/giveaway/competition/etc... for the gear they wore. Although I want the community to help with planning how to distribute the other 16 sets.
Reply Quote
@Baggins, and other well respected monks that would make for great mules :)

It's not a trust issue. We simply got the gear handled for now. The team members are holding the gear.

The Barbs have turned over all their gear.
The Wizs have turned over half and are using two sets for alt leveling while we figure out what we're doing with it.
The WDs, well they still are a mystery lol. They apparently are still trying to get organized and record some runs just to see if they can beat our times because they have very similar sets to our winning ones. Eventually when we choose how to distribute them we'll just go collect the gear whether they're done or not. Until then we know Tref knows where they are at.
Reply Quote
View profile
@relentless yes im tryin to make as much good use as i can of the barb and wd set, if yall dont see me online tho hopefully baggins can send me a msg on steam to get my attn.

also most of team witch doc is playin from australia, as baggins is also playing from down under it might be smart to tell tref that baggins is an option for passing the sets to, if none of team monk is online
Reply Quote
@SteelPhantom

No worries on that. Get some use out of those suits :) You prolly got some time before we figure all this out lol.

Thanks for the info on the WDs.

I'll get at Tref, or actually I think he is already on Amiar's friends list so he might, about our Australian Monk ambassador Baggins.
Reply Quote
08/31/2013 08:07 PMPosted by yuan
Btw, I am of the idea of leaving a chunk of the gold to the winning team. I think you guys deserve it!

that's a really good idea and I second it
you guys worked hard in representing not only the skills of the monks but also the monk's forum positive and friendly attitude

but just a request to keep some CoB WD sets within monkdom =) pretty plz!
ohh and I cast my vote in for Fitz again ;) heheh
Reply Quote
I definitely need some help with my build/gear. I've got 83k DPS but only about 350k EHP. I keep looking in the AH but I don't know if it's just that I don't know what to look for or if I simply just can't afford anything. I've just recently returned to Diablo so I'm totally broke, I've got about 3m, which isn't very much to work with at all when trying to find upgrades for a monk.

I can farm MP5 fairly easily but MP6 gets a little hairy, my DPS is obviously lacking though when compared to people who I'm grouped with in public games. My survivability is decent but I owe most of that to Serenity and SSS. I want to progress but I have no idea where to start >.>

I'm sorry if this post is totally out of place here but I'm desperate for some help. My battle tag is ifeanichukwu#1741 for anyone interested.
Reply Quote
An idea on how to choose the "big brothers" set builders are picking players based on their knowledge/playstyle. It's easy to build a generic set, but to have someone explain in-depth reason to why each piece of gear is chose or skill should be the real reason why they're chosen as big brothers.

example:
Druin for TR/2H
Fitz for Nirvana
Kimsulki for Tri-Gen Hybrids
JCO for HC sustainability/facetanking
VOX for ZDS
Me (shameless I know) for PvP/Brawling

My second idea is instead of just gearing someone's monk up. You can use that money to gear a few dedicated monks who want to venture out and try a different class. By doing this, you can continue to work with the the other experts from the 5 Kingdom challenges and expand the community.

I've done the whole give-away thing many times. If you ask them to list a reason why they think they should win, someone will come up with the saddest story and at times you will feel inclined to give it to that person. If you ask for requirements and the winner doesn't meet those requirement, the other participants would get angry or feel cheated (sorry, I was guilty of this in your last thread).

I know it's hard to pick a winner and the fairest conclusion I can come up with is to do it with a random generator. There will be no-biased views involved.

As far as the sets that were already pre-made for the challenge. I feel like you guys, the winners of the 5 Kingdom Challenges should be allowed to pick and keep a set for yourselves and do whatever you guys want with it. You guys put in work and work should always be rewarded. If you guys decide you guy want to give the set away, that's your choice. If you guys want to sell it for gold and upgrade your monk, then go for it.
Edited by scrapz#1142 on 9/1/2013 6:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
As far as the sets that were already pre-made for the challenge. I feel like you guys, the winners of the 5 Kingdom Challenges should be allowed to pick and keep a set for yourselves and do whatever you guys want with it. You guys put in work and work should always be rewarded. If you guys decide you guy want to give the set away, that's your choice. If you guys want to sell it for gold and upgrade your monk, then go for it.

+1
BTW Druin has been forum lurking it seems.
He commented on my hammer thread yesterday.

It would be cool to give out some of the other class sets for others to try different classes.
It gets expensive to gear multiple characters to any type of decent lvl of gear.
90% of what I had went into my monk then into my cm wiz. Spent some on my barb and DH and my WD is mostly empty and only played to lvl 60 for the achievement. Most players seem to be the same way and giving out the alternate sets from other classes will provide people with the ability to try new things.
Reply Quote
+1 to Scrapz (not going to quote, too long and I agree with it all).
Reply Quote
Well written post Scrapz.
Reply Quote
@scrapz

Idea 1: Thanks for posting all the pros for each aspect of the monk community. All we would have to do then is find people that are interested in those gear sets so we don't build them in vain. How well could this be a gear building competition if there are so many different specs being built for? How exactly would this work?

Idea 2: I'm not as sure about this idea. I feel like if team monk used all the cash on non-monk items that would be showing the community that monks aren't as awesome as they really are. I was of a mind that we could give away the pre-made sets in this fashion so some of our monks could try out other classes and even bounce the gear around to others if they didn't really like it.

I still firmly believe that we should use most of the 6b on monk stuff for monks.

@giving things away randomly. I still don't think this solves the problem with people being upset that they didn't win. I'm sure they could still claim it was rigged or someone was playing favorites or that person A didn't need it as much as person B and RNG isn't a fair way to do it. I think the most we can hope for from the community is that they are happy for whoever wins what's given away.
Reply Quote
I agree team members deserve something in return for all the work they put in

I vote each member picks an alt class they really wanted to play and keep the set its only 6sets tops or just build a cheap one with the gold
Reply Quote
i just need some direction.i am not looking for free gear or gold.i have a small budget but am not in a hurry to upgrade.i just need help knowing what to upgrade and what to upgrade it with.thanks in advance
Reply Quote
Don't really want any gold. Don't know what I would do with it if I was rich. However, even though I'm not playing much any more, I would be willing to build a budget set for you guys to give away.

Spear-chucker
Edited by Spearchucker#1994 on 9/1/2013 7:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hi Amiar

I like your idea of a competition + big brother :)

Something I was going to run in the future was to try and get the regulars in the Barb community to find and choose a worthy player with not much idea, gear and teach them and get the Paduans to complete some kind of challenge. The winning Teacher would then also get a prize.

Sometimes I pop into MP0-1 games and there seem to be a lot players who have obviously spent a lot of time playing but with terrible characters. Players who love the game and play heaps but don't know/can't afford to gear/play efficiently. I was going to make these the targets. And the winning Teacher/s could maybe get their choice of the Challenge gearsets?

Just my thoughts for your consideration :)
Reply Quote
Hi Amiar

I like your idea of a competition + big brother :)

Something I was going to run in the future was to try and get the regulars in the Barb community to find and choose a worthy player with not much idea, gear and teach them and get the Paduans to complete some kind of challenge. The winning Teacher would then also get a prize.

Sometimes I pop into MP0-1 games and there seem to be a lot players who have obviously spent a lot of time playing but with terrible characters. Players who love the game and play heaps but don't know/can't afford to gear/play efficiently. I was going to make these the targets. And the winning Teacher/s could maybe get their choice of the Challenge gearsets?

Just my thoughts for your consideration :)

That's a great idea, but I don't know if I'm the one to head that up. I'm finding that deciding what to do with this gold and the gearsets is kind of a burden, and much more difficult than the actual contest.

What I'm leaning towards now is doing the gear challenge with 8 500m sets and then having 2b to buy people single slot items or whatever. I think 500m is a good number to get a viable mp10 gear set that is not super amazing, but not arduous at the same time.

With 8 sets we could do 2x TR, 2 cookie cutter and then 4 of whatever else anyone was interested in. Lets try to finalize this in the next 2 days so we can get this thing rolling.
Reply Quote
09/01/2013 02:49 PMPosted by !@#$%^-*!@er
I would be willing to build a budget set for you guys to give away.

ohh those sets will be awesome!! a balance +200K dps dual LS monk! =D
but how long will it take you though? ;)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]