Diablo® III

Use this 5b gold or I will!

I could use a mentor who can help me understand more about gear choices and what I should be focusing on to help me gear up and be able to do higher MP levels such as MP 8-10.
Reply Quote
Hey you all. Don't rage so much. This is not a Bad idea. This is a Good idea. Are there better idea's? Probably. Druin pwns these forums through niceness, haven't ya'll noticed?

The biggest problem is going to be big brother time spent. I saw Fitz float
1. Jco310 - HC, knows gearing better than anyone for it
2. Scrapz - Knows gearing better than anyone/ great at buying low
3. AlphaShift14 - Helps people gear already
4. KimSulki84 - Knows how to gear as well
5. Acheron - same as above
6. Cayzer - same as above

Any of these people down to find a new guy and teach him some things? If no one wants to be a big brother, then other things need to be considered.
Reply Quote
Druin doesn't "pwn" anything. Some players idolize him and others do not. Your Internet persona means absolutely nothing to myself, you are either a nice guy in game or you are not.

And yes, if Amiar has taken the reins from Druin with regards to the rewards from the monk challenge, he can absolutely disburse them in whatever manner he chooses, irregardless of the input others provide.
Reply Quote
I believe something got lost along the way. From talking with Amiar over the weekend as far as I know the set builder comp and the big brother plan is the path that had the greatest support and was the path we planned on following. The building is step one and the mentoring is step two.

For some reason some of you have the feeling that we are just slapping together some gear and leaving them in the street for whoever grabs it first. The plan as it was explained to me and as I read it in this thread is to follow what Scrapz had posted and let the builders be the Big Brothers. Amiar and I had hoped the Big Brother/Builders would take up the challenge of not only buying the gear but also the mentoring as well.

I understand that some would like the rookie to be involved in every step of the process of buying the gear, and if the builders want to coordinate all of that then go right ahead. As for us that were involved in the challenge we might be a little biased because of the difficulties we had just in getting the group together to build the comp sets. The monk set was the only one we actually got input from everyone on.

As for Amiar being the head of all this now. Yes Druin did put him in that position. That was Druin's decision. All of us involved would happily step down a rank if our happy monk was to desire to take the reigns again.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
Tranquility

Hey you all. Don't rage so much. This is not a Bad idea. This is a Good idea. Are there better idea's? Probably. Druin pwns these forums through niceness, haven't ya'll noticed?

The biggest problem is going to be big brother time spent. I saw Fitz float

Any of these people down to find a new guy and teach him some things? If no one wants to be a big brother, then other things need to be considered.

Are we the one to choose the new guy? Or is going to be like an RNG thing of community decides? I have no qualms with spending time to teach but I live in a different timezone. Almost opposite to the US.

Relentless

Amiar and I had hoped the Big Brother/Builders would take up the challenge of not only buying the gear but also the mentoring as well.

I understand that some would like the rookie to be involved in every step of the process of buying the gear, and if the builders want to coordinate all of that then go right ahead.

This is how I understood it as well.
Edited by AlphaShift14#1155 on 9/2/2013 6:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Take a deep breath!

The Big Brother idea is a popular choice. Create a thread, see what kind of set/help is needed, and then place them in the hands of a monk who can handle the task. The little Monkling can determine what type of set they want to build, whether it's dual wielding, 2-hander, S&B, TR'ing, or pvp.

Some have already stepped up, offering to build sets and becoming a Big Brother:
AlphaShift14#1155
Ghost#1581
Scrapz#1142
Spear-chucker#1994

-----

If the senior citizens of the Monk community wants to allocate a portion of the 6b gold to dabble in another class, let them have their fun! Maybe 4b in Big Brother and 2b for other class sets.

-----

As far as Druin goes, let's give the guy a break! I understand that he was the Monk representative, but I don't think he was involved much after he went on vacation. So if he's not ready to surface, let him be. I hope the monk community can come to some sort of agreement without shedding a ton of blood... Or gaining 10lbs from popcorn.
Reply Quote
Amiar and I had hoped the Big Brother/Builders would take up the challenge of not only buying the gear but also the mentoring as well.

I understand that some would like the rookie to be involved in every step of the process of buying the gear, and if the builders want to coordinate all of that then go right ahead.

09/02/2013 01:55 PMPosted by AlphaShift14
This is how I understood it as well.

Lol, I'm glad someone else picked up the line of thought we had :)

09/02/2013 01:55 PMPosted by AlphaShift14
Are we the one to choose the new guy? Or is going to be like an RNG thing of community decides? I have no qualms with spending time to teach but I live in a different timezone. Almost opposite to the US.

That part I guess had been discussed more in game than specifically in this thread, but yeah we were hoping the people more intimately involved in the building would select their little brother. I guess you'll be looking for someone from your timezone or a night owl.

From this thread I believe we have a good idea on who the community believe would make the best builder/brothers.

VOX for ZDS
Spear-chucker#1994

If those players that keep getting brought up would like to officially commit to this we can get this started :)

edit: Forgot Spear on the list.
Edited by Relentless#1477 on 9/2/2013 2:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@JCO I haven't ignored peoples suggestions. As it stands pretty much the only different suggestion given to me was to have a charity donation, which was an idea SteelPhantom had way back when. I already explained why I don't like that idea so I wont do that here.

As for other ideas, are there any I'm ignoring? It seemed to me that the big brother idea was pretty well liked and others also liked the gearing competition, which, admittedly, would be kind of crap if people built sets for different specs. If they were all cookie cutter sets I think the gear comp would work well, but it seems thats not what people want, and I'm cool with that.

Originally I wanted to do 15 sets of 300m gold, but, due to feedback about people wanting the sets to be for mp10, I changed it to 8 sets of 500m gold, which it seems people accepted.

Also, your attitude kind of sucks, which stinks, because I respect you and even looked up to you in your sword and board thread (how you had more dps than me AND a shield I never could figure out). I think there's just been a misunderstanding. I'm trying to make the most people happy with what we decide to do here, and that means some people wont be happy. If you have a better idea for the disbursement of gold to the community I would like to hear it, or if you support someone's ideas more than mine, let me know that too.

I'm not a dictator who sets things in stone and its either my way or the highway. Druin did pass the reins to me when he left for vacation and hasn't really been involved since (I'm pretty sure he and his wife are having a baby lol).

Anyhoo, when you guys come up with a consensus on exactly what to do, let me know and I'll pass out the gold or start whatever new thread we need. Or if someone else wants to just lead the whole gearing thing and make their own thread that would be cool too.

Edit: And if you guys think a different allocation of the funds is in order, you can let me know that too. Do you still think 4b for 8 sets and 2b for odds and ends is good, or do you want that other 2b to go toward other class sets or 4 more monk sets? This gold is to help the community, so I want to do whatever the community wants help with.
Edited by Amiar#1992 on 9/2/2013 5:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@ Amiar

Fun isn't it mate :).

@ Monks

I think all the guys involved in the challenge have spent a huge amount of time and effort and are probably a bit tired for now. I'm sure that every single one of them want what's best for the Community, which is one I the main reasons they became involved. So if there are enough of the other experienced players who want to give them a hand, I'm sure they would all greatly appreciate that too.

As per my previous post, I also like the Big Brother mentoring approach as I'd also learn something too :). Are there enough people putting their hands up? Jco? Sinfae?
Edited by Morpheus#6524 on 9/2/2013 5:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@Amiar

As far as I know, Druin didn't give up the reins. Show me the post where he said he was stepping down as team lead on this challenge, I've not seen it.

As far as my attitude sucking, yea that happens now and then.

Edit: Nobody, ever, needs to ask me to help. Look at my threads, ask players, I help all the time with whatever anybody needs if its within my power. If people need assistance, send me an add. It happens all the time.
Edited by jco310#1218 on 9/2/2013 5:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
added you jco i need gold :)
Reply Quote
09/02/2013 05:49 PMPosted by baggins
added you jco i need gold :)

Oh beggins you always asking for freebies!
Reply Quote
I like the big brother idea. I think more than "a couple" people should be included though. 6 bil is a ton of gold. I vote for these "big brothers":

I would def recommend Druin, Piffle, Nameless etc. but it seems they spend very little time here these days.

I would be happy to help out, gearing is what I do, and what I do best. (Disregard my current horrible amulet, I needed $$ so had to sell mine). I spend 90% of my time IG and a fair amount of time outside researching items and finding bargains.

Cheers for the vote.
Reply Quote
Baggins

1 gold coming your way.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
Jco

Baggins

1 gold coming your way.

:)) If I ask, would you be so kind to add six 0's after the number 1? :P

Relentless

From this thread I believe we have a good idea on who the community believe would make the best builder/brothers.

VOX for ZDS
Spear-chucker#1994

I'm down as well. Been big brothering some of the people i built sets for already,
Edited by AlphaShift14#1155 on 9/2/2013 6:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Baggins

1 gold coming your way.

in my experience, it has to be at least 100 gold. He's online now, i'll forward it for you.
Reply Quote
You can always hound Fitz for some gold, he has outstanding loan from me. I'll send my collector, Scrapz, to obtain it with the 15000% vic
Reply Quote
I sent the add I'll be in game for a few

could I ask for 10gold repairs been high 2day
Reply Quote
@jco if u dont believe both amiar, and relentless shouldnt the onus be on u to dig through druins posts or contact druin

as someone who had to run the competition for the wiz team and has dealt with members of the monk team, I dont think they have to prove anything to u, despite ur stellar reputation in the monk community
as far as i can see they are still trying to appease the entire monk community
Reply Quote
Like the big brother idea. Would love for someone to help me. I really would like to get into PvP at some point in time once I have the gear for it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]