Diablo® III

Use this 5b gold or I will!

@jco, it was something that happened on teamspeak so there isn't any forum proof. I call him team manager and me team leader.

But, enough of over-worrying about that. What do you think would be a wise/fair/good way to spend this gold? If you like the big brother idea, how would you modify it to make it better?

Do you guys still like the 4b 8 person big brother and 2bil for misc items (maybe even alternate class sets?)

Edit: And a way I described this working to silverfire the other night was the following

1. Befriend a noobish monk or one who need help
2. Give them gearing tips or tell them what would work
3. Offer to buy them some gear and see if they're comfortable with it
4. Buy a set with them and let them know it was due to the generosity of the monk community and Morpheus and your effort :D

This could also be how the odds and ends works, if you help someone who has like the WORST innas chest you've ever seen (120 dex, 30 vit, regen and thorns) and you just up and offer to buy them a new one while explaining why theirs is sub-optimal.
Edited by Amiar#1992 on 9/2/2013 6:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1. Befriend a noobish monk or one who need help
2. Give them gearing tips or tell them what would work
3. Offer to buy them some gear and see if they're comfortable with it
4. Buy a set with them and let them know it was due to the generosity of the monk community and Morpheus and your effort :D

1) Choose a stand-up monk who has been around a while, but can't seem to get their gear where it needs to be for whatever reason. Not a noob.
2) Give them gearing tips and explain how gearing works for the build they are trying to run.
3) Shop -with- them and guide them as they make their decisions, and let them know you are willing to chip in/loan/whatever.
4) Buy the set for them and let them know it was due to the generosity of the monk community, etc.

P.S. I spoke with Steel about Druin and understand the situation with how the reins were passed. I would still like it to be said publicly, and am disappointed he didn't make this widely known somehow, but whatever, you were the interim lead and you have the winnings, so you are defacto leader and distributor. Whatever you decide to do is what gets done. I am just adding ideas, as were asked for, within the ones you set forth in the OP.
Edited by Sinafae#1771 on 9/2/2013 6:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@Amiar and Steel

If I thought anybody was being deceitful, I'd voice it. That's how I am.

As I have known Druin for a longtime, and as I've mentioned, he's the type of guy who would've made a plan to disburse all the winnings before this challenge started, my only question was what the hell happened to Druin that he's oddly silent on this matter. And yes, I've messaged him and have not heard anything.

Your ideas sound good, but I think they all sound good.

My apologies if I'm coming across as an a$$, it's just been one of those days.
Reply Quote
sorry jco I'll ask for 5g instead 10g than

still in game :)
Reply Quote
I hold firm at 1 gold.
Reply Quote
@Amiar and Steel

If I thought anybody was being deceitful, I'd voice it. That's how I am.

As I have known Druin for a longtime, and as I've mentioned, he's the type of guy who would've made a plan to disburse all the winnings before this challenge started, my only question was what the hell happened to Druin that he's oddly silent on this matter. And yes, I've messaged him and have not heard anything.

Your ideas sound good, but I think they all sound good.

My apologies if I'm coming across as an a$$, it's just been one of those days.

That was the question that I keep asking myself as well.
Druin has been here posting on various other topics but not a word here.
I just dont get it and something feels wrong.
Reply Quote
Guys, I'm not sure you want me as a big brother. I'm an average player who really doesn't know the ins and outs of different builds. What I do well (actually very well, if I'm being honest), is build good, cheap, well balanced Monk sets. My offer is still open to build a set, but If you want a "big brother" to mentor a new Monk, I'd recommend Fitz, Captain Carl or someone more up to speed with the Monk class as a whole for something like that.

Spear-chucker
Edited by Spearchucker#1994 on 9/2/2013 7:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
at 300k dps on a budget that sounds pretty good to me.

If someone gets you to help build a set they should be able to get the most bang for their buck.

Nothing wrong with that in my book
Reply Quote
Druin goes on vacation the TLDR version.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9552335151?page=3#52

I think he is going to be okay with this :)

@Spear. Can you build a DW/CycloneStrike/Overawe/GL/Support gearset? I wouldn't mind partnering with you. I feel i'm best in the role as support monk and wouldn't mind showing someone the ropes.
I'm also leveling some low level toons so I will try to come across some interested Monks. They might not even be forum participants, but I can keep everyone in the loop on how it goes.
Edited by Tranquility#1400 on 9/2/2013 7:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Druin goes on vacation the TLDR version.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9552335151?page=3#52

I think he is going to be okay with this :)

Yup, "in my absence" was stated. I guess he didn't come back to the team when he came back though.
Reply Quote
09/02/2013 06:35 PMPosted by Sinafae
1) Choose a stand-up monk who has been around a while, but can't seem to get their gear where it needs to be for whatever reason. Not a noob.
100% agree with this. There are definitely some monks around here, paragon 50+ with less than 100k or even 150k and they just aren't all around balanced, and really just don't understand what they're doing wrong and how to play somethings. They aren't noobs (and they aren't just pubs), they just need a mentor
Edited by SirNick#1744 on 9/2/2013 7:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/02/2013 06:35 PMPosted by Sinafae
i agree with this not that my vote matters

why pick a random when you can pick a struggling forum monk instead
Reply Quote
why pick a random when you can pick a struggling forum monk instead

Let's start the referal's!
Reply Quote
View profile
i'm a total noob, look at my gear, I can be pro if I had 6b.
Please give the 6b to me.

thanks.

p.s., sorry for being an idiot.
Reply Quote
agree with this not that my vote matters

I don't get why you think this. I'm considering all options that are the most fair and hopefully making the community gets the most bang for its buck from this gold.

@JCO it's all good man. I understand about bad days. Sometimes I'm grumpy on the forums too :D

I agree with the forum monk thing, but I think it might be cool to help someone out just for the sake of helping them out. There are people that are p50 with not so good gear that don't post on the forums but they still play a lot and would need help.
Reply Quote
I wasn't having a go at you man

I was meaning I'm just a small fish in a big ocean

no offense intended
Reply Quote
The Monk community consists of both noobs, people in between, and pros.

It might make people uneasy to spend 500m on a monk who just started out. So, what if you gave a ~250m budget for those sets instead. They'll still benefit from it.

For monks that are stuck in between, they can get gear upgrades as well. As long as no more than ~500m is spent on a single person. Otherwise, you wouldn't get to help as many people as you'd like.

And, pros... Well, who really cares about them. =)

2b gold for noobs. 2b for intermediates. 2b for other class sets and/or misc.

-- Find them in-game and help those on the forums. Monks are Monks... are Monks.
Reply Quote

2b gold for noobs. 2b for intermediates. 2b for other class sets and/or misc.

-- Find them in-game and help those on the forums. Monks are Monks... are Monks.

What's everyone else feel about this? How should we allocate the money? Can we get like a couple people to chime in or second what should be spent where? So far these are the following options as I remember them

1. Spend on NEW monks (like sub 80k dps)
2. Spend on intermediate monks (80-150k dps)
3. Spend on High level monks (150k+ dps)
4. Spend on alternate class sets
5. Spend on odds and ends (helping people upgrade just one or 2 slots)
6. Help people buy gems

If there are any I forgot feel free to add to the list.

If your reply could be something like the following it would be super useful

1. 0g
2. 3b gold
3. 3b gold
4. 0g
5. 0g
6. 0g

Then we can get an idea of how the community would feel like they would most benefit. As a ballpark figure I'd say for any class (except maybe CM wiz) you'd need at least a 500m set for solid MP10 capability (not dying all the time) 300m for mp 7-8(would probably be the same as 500m with worse weapons) and any less probably isn't worth it on a whole set.
Reply Quote
1. 4b (8x 500m sets or 6x 660m sets or whatever you said earlier)
2. 0b
3. 0b
4. 0g
5. 2b (1x1b, 1x500m, 2x250m hits a few ranges of players. Even I could use some 1b boots)
6. 0g

We can also lump the Monk suits already made by Barb/Wiz/Monk into the Big Brother challenge so no set builder is needed.
Reply Quote
Following your DPS standards:
1+2. 2b gold
3+5. 2b gold (The reason I lumped them together is that people with 150k+ dps probably won't need a complete new set. And upgrading a few pieces of their gear would be helpful.)
4. 2b gold***
6. 0g

*** You can use the pre-made WD/Wiz/Barb sets for this purpose, and not spend any of the 6b gold here. Then it'd be split 1:1 for the other categories. There wouldn't be any DH set though if someone really wanted it. =\
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]