Diablo® III

Upgraded my Barb.. still dying..

what am i doing wrong?

i upgraded some parts according to help from this thread - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9793089642

but im trying to do MP10, and i get 1 hitted..

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Bigfoot-1126/hero/7001215

little help
Reply Quote
your life and armor are WAY to low

definatly want to look into some new sholders with more armor, eighter craft some or pick up a decent pair of vile wards str ones are rather cheap( if you craft some use the vitality plan str can already roll 200+ on sholders so use that to your advantage and get a higher vit roll)

craft you some bracers, getting the vit and armor and possibly extra dps from those would greatly outweigh the movement speed/attack speed from lacunis

get some ik gloves with attack speed/200+ str will give you more resis with the ik set bonus

get a 1100 damage or so OS EF that is definatly a lot better than the sword you are currently using, also using a mace/axe in your main hand is a big advantage for the cc bonus
Reply Quote
Hmmm...that's very interesting. I have similar stats to you and the only thing I really die to is mp10 uber Magda

I would try to look for lower str but at least 50vit on the Mempo and ICs, which should bump you to 50k HP

You can also try using warcry-impunity instead of overpower if that helps
Reply Quote
Hey Bigfoot, your life is minimum if you can get good life steal going but will take a beating by things like savage beasts or combined damage will rip you down for mobs like the red zombies in act 2 desolate sands. It starts to get better around 50k and up for life. The other thing you can try and do since you are running a WW build is get up to 700 LoH. Life steal is good for big damage but WW does a lot of small hits that doesn't add up for a lot of life steal. I combined LS + LoH on mine but noticed the biggest difference just adding LoH for survival. Also, use rend bloodlust or lacerate istead of overpower unless you have a crit chance issue. Rend pulls a lot of life and helps to tank better.

EDIT: Just noticed too that you have a sword in primary hand. Adding an axe will give you 10 cc more from the passive. If running 12% movement I think I remember taking hits a little more at first but fixed that with Rend. Been a while since I was having challenges like that.
Edited by Shockwave#1233 on 8/31/2013 11:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I think you could use more life steal. Get it on your weapon or belt so bloodthrist can be swapped for brawler. I think life steal is reduced by 80% in inferno. Given your current stats try MP6-7.
Reply Quote
Yes, yes. Life steal... definitely need more life steal.

I personally think rend is waaaaayyyyy more better than overpower for a life steal skill, especially with a good damage of course.
Reply Quote
you should look for litany of undaunted rings, with STR and 300+ LIFE ON HIT on the auction house

they are cheap and well worth it. you gonna rock mp10 with easy
Reply Quote
You need more ehp if you want to go the skorn route.

I basically never die but then again my aps is over 3.
Reply Quote
you should look for litany of undaunted rings, with STR and 300+ LIFE ON HIT on the auction house

they are cheap and well worth it. you gonna rock mp10 with easy

This guy's a tool. Don't listen to him.

Quick solution: Just switch to rend-bloodlust. That should solve your problem.
Your hp, AR, armor, APS, all good.

Long term solution: You need to regear. I'd use IK belt instead of WH and switch bloodthirst to brawler. You'd also need to get lacuni and/or Inna's to make up for the WH attack speed as you want at least 42%. Litany of the undaunted with 8-9% IAS helps a ton. Get more vit on boots and chest so you can get more offensive gear elsewhere.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]