Diablo® III

AH Hack, just lost 1 bil

Welp I'd say the odds of this being fixed now are next to nil seeing as the AH and RMAH are being removed anyway.

ages ago? you talk like it took place a year ago. its only been two weeks. lol.

Actually, it's pretty much a year, since first 0-bid items started to pop up around Oct/Nov 2012.

Now it's just finally matured and the amount of exploiters has grown exponentially!

good job taking that completely out of context and using it for your own gain. i congratulate you on your effortless manipulation of my post.

however, since my post still exists how bout we see what it really said?

09/16/2013 12:37 PMPosted by Morogoth
Do you have any idea for how long this exploit has been around? Obviously you don't.

you are obviously too biased about this to have any reasonable conversation looking at your post. it doesnt even make sense. anyone who has read the first post of the thread knows how long its been around.

And thanks i saw the blue reply ages ago, problem is he's basically advising people what to do, in a forum which no one reads. How does that help? It doesn't.

ages ago? you talk like it took place a year ago. its only been two weeks. lol.

how does it help? the fact they know about it AND acknowledge it means they are working to resolve the problem. if that doesnt fit your time table maybe you should do the work yourself.

if you actually READ that^
you see i was responding to the statement of him saying he "saw the blue reply ages ago". nothing here states that the bug only surfaced recently. in fact... if you DID read that post in the same post I acknowledge how long it has been going on. one only has to read the first post in the thread.
is the problem solve now on us server after server update?
09/17/2013 01:58 PMPosted by Nikoft
is the problem solve now on us server after server update?

still being maintenanced.
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9972358465
We are currently addressing an issue with the Battle.net service. During this time the Battle.net servers and any online games will be unavailable for play. We are working diligently to resolve the issues as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

also, with the AH being shut down in march... is there really a reason to allocate resources to this issue now? after that happens then all AH issues will disappear anyway.
Quality Assurance
09/17/2013 03:26 PMPosted by Morogoth
with the AH being shut down in march... is there really a reason to allocate resources to this issue now?

Well, the thought process my team is operating under is that for the immediate future we are going to treat the Auction House as we would any other game feature. This includes researching issues as they are reported to us and reporting any legitimate bugs we can find to the development team.

As for this issue, it is still being investigated. I absolutely cannot make any promises, but I suspect that if we can identify a fix for this and deploy it between now and March 18th, we will.
Edited by Tsarnis on 9/17/2013 4:14 PM PDT
Another occurrence of the 0 bid-bin bug. I bid on a high tier item and few hours later i was outbid by a 0 bid... The auction hasnt ended yet but from what i understand as noone else is allowed to bid on it the item will sell for just a fraction of its value... As this was the first time i was involved in a 0-bid auction i did a bit of search in trying to understand WTH is happening and to my surprise i realised that this issue goes way back to the days the AH was firstly introduced back in the summer of 2012... The exploiting mechanism is also well documented from those days too... So what i dont understand is how this can still be happening... Is this something that is widely exploitable or just happens during server downtime for maintenance or other random factors affect it too? Shouldn't the people exploiting this get banned for it? Shouldnt these occurrences render the auction void and return the item back to the seller? Obviously a long term solution is not on papers otherwise it would have been implemented by now but couldn't such quick fixes minimise the exposure to the problem?

if we can identify a fix for this

I honestly don't understand what would be so difficult about the fix :/ After having worked with Oracle, SQL & Access databases over the years, it really can't be that hard...

If it really is THAT hard, why is the Auction House coded so unnecessarily difficultly?
Why would you ever post items you consider worth a billion igg at a few thousand bid? You know full well AH may go offline at any given time. Deal with it....
09/18/2013 09:35 AMPosted by SilverFox
Why would you ever post items you consider worth a billion igg at a few thousand bid? You know full well AH may go offline at any given time. Deal with it....

Because when you put the item at a low price, more people look into it, theres no doubt it will sell AND usually it sells at a price that is reasonable FOR EVERY1. its good for the diablo community and also for yourself
Gotta keep this at the top, still happening.
09/21/2013 12:43 AMPosted by Euphoreia
still happening

EU server, Calamity. There are at least 4 of them :/
http://i41.tinypic.com/k0ncr8.png

6 on one page.

RIP bidding.
Just look through the nats rings with crit chance and you will always find a few with 0 bids.
Saw a bunch on the IK chest piece as well last night. Seems like its mostly the high vit ones
This happened to a belt I was planning to bid on.
this just happened to me yesterday with my str crit mepho some1 got it for 3000 gold and i spoke to blizzard twice in chat the first guy says no there is no bug and its just a display error ill get the item back the next day the item sells for 3000 gold i get back onto chat and call blizzard a few names and the other guy said cant do anything not only is it a !@#$in joke blizzard dont do %^-* or help when they could off
oh and i forgot to mention i always put my min bid near the max buyout this 1 time i forget to set a min bid this !@#$ happends
Happened to me on EU server, i lost over 1b worth of stuff to these hacking bastards
Deleted? I love you Blizz...

Immortal Kings with AS. Loving them 0 bids...
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]