Diablo® III

Console release tomorrow.

Should be a busy forum day I imagine.
Reply Quote
Wow this shows me how little I care about consoles...

I had no idea it was due out so soon.
Reply Quote
my lil brother is gettin it, I get to teach 'em about everything, hahaha.
Reply Quote
only reason I'd get console is because it's gonna be like open battle.net in diablo 2, editing characters because everything is saved locally, lol.
Edited by FoX#11114 on 9/2/2013 9:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/02/2013 08:59 PMPosted by FoX
it's gonna be like open battle.net

Yup.
Reply Quote
what ya guys mean by editing characters? i never got into D2 while it was big so i'm not familiar with all the ins and outs of the open Bnet
Reply Quote
09/02/2013 09:38 PMPosted by Daliwoo
what ya guys mean by editing characters? i never got into D2 while it was big so i'm not familiar with all the ins and outs of the open Bnet

There is an offline mode and an online mode.

People will hack the offline save files, edit the code and upload modified characters onto the online server.

Imagine an echoing fury where the +.25 aps was modified in the source code to be +.50 etc.
Edited by Cayzer#6828 on 9/2/2013 10:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Imagine an echoing fury where the 15% fear was modified in the source code to be 100%.
muahaha
Reply Quote
@cayzer.... thank you

friggin smart cheaters.
Reply Quote
..... and how the heck do people adjust codes and crazy stuff like that?
Reply Quote
09/02/2013 11:57 PMPosted by Daliwoo
..... and how the heck do people adjust codes and crazy stuff like that?

Offline mode means the save file has to be stored with the client, not the provider. The save file is vulnerable because it isn't protected server side like they are with the PC version.
Reply Quote
lol, its all chinese to me.
Reply Quote
Ya and now though in the fact if it's like open battle.net I'm thinking more of Max iteams as well.
Reply Quote
Wow this shows me how little I care about consoles...

I had no idea it was due out so soon.

^

I had a SNES back in the day... guess it's been a while, LOL
Reply Quote
TianZi is back!
Reply Quote
I have a terrible feeling that these forums are going to go to hell.
Reply Quote
09/02/2013 10:03 PMPosted by Cayzer

There is an offline mode and an online mode.

People will hack the offline save files, edit the code and upload modified characters onto the online server.

Imagine an echoing fury where the +.25 aps was modified in the source code to be +.50 etc.

I remember making an amulet or two with stats lists as long as the screen was tall. Anything with reflect damage meant instant death, so I made sure I had enough reflect damage in the amulets to let reflect mobs one hit themselves while I simply stood still and watched them explode. :D
Reply Quote
so are most people boycotting the console version?
Reply Quote
It looks as if the Bsmith may be able to craft rings.
Something to look forward to in xpac??
Reply Quote
09/03/2013 04:21 AMPosted by Daliwoo
so are most people boycotting the console version?

not me, can now play with daughter :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]