Diablo® III

Self-Found mode: Why do you feel it's necessary?

08/29/2013 02:48 PMPosted by familia
Who else appreciates the irrelevance of this thread?

I do appreciate your bump!
enough with these self-found threads! there have been so many by the same group of people that these should be considered spam!

the devs have already heard your points. neither side will agree with the other. completely pointless threads. These Are Spam Threads.

/ThreadEnd

Don't like the threads then don't come in and bump them so they stay on the front page. Wait...oh, I see what you did there. You support SF and want us to be on the front page.

Keep them on the front page? Bumping because I support it? Nubcake-at-life logic.

Everyday I look at the front page and there are 2+ new threads about self-found (pro and/or con). I get about 2 spam friend requests a week. That is 7x the spam spouted by both sides of this argument than spambots!

The devs have read all the arguments; the cms have read all the arguments; the people who randomly look at the forums have (likely) read all of the arguments. You people will never change each other's opinions. So why bother? How can you people justify your time spamming the forums over and over with an issue everyone (that look at the forums periodically) already knows about.

ALL THESE WORTHLESS THREADS ABOUT SELF-FOUND AND/OR AUCTION HOUSE (BOTH PRO AND CON) DO IS TAKE UP SPACE, WASTE TIME AND SHOVE MEANINGFUL THREADS TO THE NEXT PAGES. THAT IS CALLED SPAM.

People who agree with me probably won't read this, because they do not bother opening these spam threads anymore. Why am I posting this? I want this trend of "legitimate-looking" spam to stop.
08/29/2013 01:32 PMPosted by justhackitup
Self found mode would make the players that want to play a game ,to play a game and not feel like its a job to advance.

Actually many of the self found proponents don't want an increased drop rate or better affixes.

What I think irks you is the lack of viable mods and the over abundance of crap because of it. This is an itemization and drop rate issue, nothing to do with modes.

Self found would be the same exact game except even harder to level up and gear up. As many Ancient Astronaut Theorists believe

Self found mode wouldn't have a point then. You can do Self found mode right now, just ignore the AH.
I'm competitive with my gaming, not my handling of a credit card.

Self found server allows for what I, and many others, enjoy.
Edited by Bodach#1471 on 8/30/2013 9:20 AM PDT
But Bodach, who is stopping you from doing anything at this exact moment? As it stands you have the same chance as everyone else to find the gear you want.

Why would it bother you if, say, I used $10 to buy gold and gear up? I fail to see how it effects you or anyone else?

Am I really not getting it or are you really not getting it?

You seemed to have missed the adjective that provided the entire basis of my statement.

Competitive.

That requires peers on a level playing field.
08/30/2013 09:39 AMPosted by Garthandal
Competitive.That requires peers on a level playing field.

So when you get a SF mode and little Jonny up the street plays for hours on end while you are at work how level is your playing field? Is it fun to be pwned by no life/job/school basement dwellers on this level playing field? I am not against a SF mode and hope that everyone finds a way to enjoy D3 but be ready for what you ask for.

BTW: WW build will not work at all with a skorn, zero ias and only 18 crit chance.

So long as the competition is via playing alone, then it is a level playing field. Time spent is a variable within that field.

You can knock it all you'd like, but I, and many others enjoy the game in the same fashion. And one simply can't play self found, then join a public game and NOT be a burden. It requires a separate server.

Sorry you don't like it, but many people do. In fact, I believe it's the one change this game could make that would bring the millions of people who left, back. I'd be one of them.
Edited by Bodach#1471 on 8/30/2013 9:45 AM PDT
08/30/2013 09:52 AMPosted by Garthandal
So long as the competition is via playing alone, then it is a level playing field. Time spent is a variable within that field.You can knock it all you'd like, but I, and many others enjoy the game in the same fashion. And one simply can't play self found, then join a public game and NOT be a burden. It requires a separate server.Sorry you don't like it, but many people do. In fact, I believe it's the one change this game could make that would bring the millions of people who left, back. I'd be one of them.
I am not knocking it, it is just a cry for better drops so we don't need to use the AH, nothing more. We all want to be rewarded for playing the game instead of the AH, and I hope loot 2.0 helps this. Just realize that there will always be players with way better items than you online, ALWAYS.

Not seeing the logic to where you think self found servers are a cry for better drops. I likely will have much more terrible gear, and not even be in the middle of the pack as far as average gear quality. I'm OK with that. But there will be room to grow -- the carrot on a stick will be back. The carrot won't be easily obtained with a credit card. That's all I want.

I don't need to be the best.
Edited by Bodach#1471 on 8/30/2013 9:55 AM PDT
self found is no solution for anything and people doenst seem to understand that, in fact it will create even more problems, a crap load of booters will move to this "SF" server and will farm gold or any valuable and start 3rd party sites and sell introducing again the scamming etc.. id say stop dreaming and get use what D3 is or just walk away..

Im a 35 years old player, old fan of D1 and D2 and i do really enjoyed those games but i also enjoy D3.. when i was a teen/student i had no money to spend on fancy stuff and was always SF mid end player.. now if i can use some of my salary to get some satisfaction over an activity i like to do like playind Diablo, why wouldnt I use it?.. i mean at the end what is the money for???

If i like to ride a bike im allowed to use the money to buy a bike or i should go and get all kind of materials like iron and plastic and craft the bike in my house to get a piece of crap that will kill me down the road?.. mm in first place you paid for the game with MONEY because you wanted to have fun... you didnt study C++ or any language to develop a game and then have fun.. so in taht way you should be playing Free to play games instead.. theres a lot out there..
Edited by Msedek#1342 on 8/30/2013 10:07 AM PDT
self found is no solution for anything and people doenst seem to understand that, in fact it will create even more problems, a crap load of booters will move to this "SF" server and will farm gold or any valuable and start 3rd party sites and sell introducing again the scamming etc.. id say stop dreaming and get use what D3 is or just walk away..

Im a 35 years old player, old fan of D1 and D2 and i do really enjoyed those games but i also enjoy D3.. when i was a teen/student i had no money to spend on fancy stuff and was always SF mid end player.. now if i can use some of my salary to get some satisfaction over an activity i like to like playind Diablo, why wouldnt I use it?.. i mean at the end what is the money for???

That's the inevitable nature of online gaming, yes. However, a game can mitigate the problem in various ways. One of those ways is creating a server where you can't buy stuff with a credit card. I would be OK with everything being bind on pick up, or only tradable with current party members until the end of the party.

Probably less popular, but that would secure the sanctity of self found servers.

If regular trading and no binding of gear, then yes, self found would be as rampant as any other game where you can buy 3rd party (though less so than the current D3 where real money buying is not only allowed but encouraged). I always loved hanging around in custom trade games in D2, and sucks that this is the likely solution to a game hemorrhaging a playing population, but sadly, I think it is.
Edited by Bodach#1471 on 8/30/2013 10:11 AM PDT
In the end, it will be Blizzard who determines exactly what they would want in a SFcore Mode of play. I and other "Selfies" propose mostly the same thing: Find or make all of your own items, no Auction House use, no trading (can be abused), no dropping of items (to give to other accounts), and a separate and optional (via checkbox upon character creation) environment or Mode.

then there should be 2 self found modes?

one crafting and one non-crafting? since crafting makes overpowered items.

where do you draw the line/s?

I play solo and I believe most Selfies do. Once we have a mode that guarantees that people are legitimately SF, and they have a proper public game matchmaking service that groups people by level and DPS, we will probably continue to play solo. All it takes is one faker to come in and spoil our fun, just like there are idiots who love to kill off Hardcore characters then post it on Youtube.

THIS negates the very argument for self found server, since most will still play solo anyway.

just my two cents. (sorry if this has already been covered, I don't have time to read all 25 pages)

Im a 35 years old player, old fan of D1 and D2 and i do really enjoyed those games but i also enjoy D3.. when i was a teen/student i had no money to spend on fancy stuff and was always SF mid end player.. now if i can use some of my salary to get some satisfaction over an activity i like to like playind Diablo, why wouldnt I use it?.. i mean at the end what is the money for???

That's the inevitable nature of online gaming, yes. However, a game can mitigate the problem in various ways. One of those ways is creating a server where you can't buy stuff with a credit card. I would be OK with everything being bind on pick up, or only tradable with current party members until the end of the party.

Probably less popular, but that would secure the sanctity of self found servers.

If regular trading and no binding of gear, then yes, self found would be as rampant as any other game where you can buy 3rd party (though less so than the current D3 where real money buying is not only allowed but encouraged). I always loved hanging around in custom trade games in D2, and sucks that this is the likely solution to a game hemorrhaging a playing population, but sadly, I think it is.

you see the problem?? SF people want SF server, but also add Account bind or trade only with party and also add this and that.. thats not diablo thats another game, and thats more like a SOLO or offline mode wich makes no sense .. ahh in pvp if they ever implement those sick that play 24/7/365 have the rights to stand in arena untouchable and theres no way for any other person to stand a chance?? no sorry but thats worse than AH, i paid for a game and i have a life and i want a way to be able to beat that 24/7/365 sick even if i have to pay more money thats up to me..

you can say well they WORK HARD 24/7/365 to get all the stuff and be god in arena.. well I WORK HARD in my office too and worked HARD in the college to get my title to be able to have a job and earn money to buy items.. wtf is the problem with it?
Edited by Msedek#1342 on 8/30/2013 10:28 AM PDT
08/30/2013 10:22 AMPosted by Msedek
you see the problem?? SF people want SF server, but also add Account bind or trade only with party and also add this and that.. thats not diablo thats another game, and thats more like a SOLO or offline mode wich makes no sense .. ahh in pvp if they ever implement those sick that play 24/7/365 have the rights to stand in arena untouchable and theres no way for any other person to stand a chance?? no sorry but thats worse than AH, i paid for a game and i have a life and i want a way to be able to beat that 24/7/365 sick even if i have to pay more money thats up to me..

Well, there's always the option to not play it. After all, it's an option, not mandatory. No one is saying the current game should be eliminated.

A self found server would be extremely successful. And the integrity of the Diablo franchise as already been thrown under the bus. This already is another game.

That said, I'm not only OK with self found becoming an option, but I think it's a necessary development that I, and many many others, would thoroughly enjoy. Call the SF version of Diablo "Bob" for all I care if it will make you feel better.

Im a 35 years old player, old fan of D1 and D2 and i do really enjoyed those games but i also enjoy D3.. when i was a teen/student i had no money to spend on fancy stuff and was always SF mid end player.. now if i can use some of my salary to get some satisfaction over an activity i like to do like playind Diablo, why wouldnt I use it?.. i mean at the end what is the money for???

If i like to ride a bike im allowed to use the money to buy a bike or i should go and get all kind of materials like iron and plastic and craft the bike in my house to get a piece of crap that will kill me down the road?.. mm in first place you paid for the game with MONEY because you wanted to have fun... you didnt study C++ or any language to develop a game and then have fun.. so in taht way you should be playing Free to play games instead.. theres a lot out there..

so you also agree with legal prostitution and pay-to-marry kind of things right? It's a waste of time to chase after a girl you love. instead, just pay her to marry you.

/end of sarcasm
Edited by MisterAjikko#1937 on 8/30/2013 12:00 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]