Diablo® III

Self-Found mode: Why do you feel it's necessary?

So then for you one of the biggest contributing factors to wanting such a mode is convenience and a removal of the associated hassle we go through now?

Correct. To support the play style I want, someone needs to do work. Either I, and everyone else who wants the same play style, needs to manually do the work, or Blizzard does this work once for all of us.

I am continually surprised when people think that paying individuals should do the work instead of the billion dollar company that is paid to provide the product.

So then for you one of the biggest contributing factors to wanting such a mode is convenience and a removal of the associated hassle we go through now?

Correct. To support the play style I want, someone needs to do work. Either I, and everyone else who wants the same play style, needs to manually do the work, or Blizzard does this work once for all of us.

I am continually surprised when people think that paying individuals should do the work instead of the billion dollar company that is paid to provide the product.

It's definitely a fair request, assuming the company stands to gain from it. That's what it tends to all come down to. If they think they can bring back a couple million paying customers by way of something like this, I'm sure they'll find the time to do it. Then again, they could've given everyone skill trees back and that would've kept a few million as well. Tough to say really.. =)
Your Efforts are in Vain, this Will not ever be put into the game for one reason..... The majority of players want to use the AH. It makes trading easy. If you want self found mode, then self find everything, and DON"T compared your gear to other peoples.... It's like... O my car is a honda civic... but that dude has a lambergini. .... ...... :/
08/26/2013 08:07 PMPosted by Arcolus
Your Efforts are in Vain, this Will not ever be put into the game for one reason..... The majority of players want to use the AH. It makes trading easy. If you want self found mode, then self find everything, and DON"T compared your gear to other peoples.... It's like... O my car is a honda civic... but that dude has a lambergini. .... ...... :/

I can't speak for how many people feel the need for a self-found mode to exist or not, but I can definitively say that in my experience with friends that are no longer playing the game, the AH was the largest factor in them not playing anymore. So, while anecdotal, I'd definitely say if you were to poll players past and present you would find significant evidence that a large portion of them do not wish to have auction houses in the game. =)
08/26/2013 05:41 PMPosted by SirRight
We paid $60 and it isn't that much to ask Blizzard to make a separate and optional SFcore Mode of play.

...you paid 60 dollars for a game with an auction house in it. If you bought a car, would you go back to the dealership a year later and tell them they need to add a turbo because you think you deserve it?

you missed it, we can't play open games period.

People who play the game in SF mode are playing essentially the same way that D2 and D1 were designed, why should we be the ones forced out?

Yeah, you want a better socialization and game joining interface, so does everyone else.

People who play SF aren't playing the same way that D1 and D2 were played. Both of those games supported trading, whether you did it or not.

You aren't forced out. You only think you are. You don't want to play with other people who have used the AH, even if they have the same level of gear as you, because you're some sort of weird elitist. You force yourself out with your own attitude.
08/26/2013 08:56 PMPosted by Hamedo
We paid $60 and it isn't that much to ask Blizzard to make a separate and optional SFcore Mode of play.

...you paid 60 dollars for a game with an auction house in it. If you bought a car, would you go back to the dealership a year later and tell them they need to add a turbo because you think you deserve it?

I can play this strawman argument game too. Sure, if I found out that the previous years models all had turbo but for some reason the car I bought didn't then yes I would want them to add it.

D1 and D2 did NOT have an Auction House and D3 is their successor. Keep your cushie buy the best gear AH Mode of play but give the veteran players the loot finding mode they desire.
I can play this strawman argument game too. Sure, if I found out that the previous years models all had turbo but for some reason the car I bought didn't then yes I would want them to add it.

D1 and D2 did NOT have an Auction House and D3 is their successor. Keep your cushie buy the best gear AH Mode of play but give the veteran players the loot finding mode they desire.

That wasn't a straw man, maybe you need to actually look up that term. I never mischaracterized your argument, I merely disagreed with your entitlement attitude.

You're correct that D1 and D2 didn't have auction houses....but we're not talking about auction houses. We're talking about "self found mode", i.e. no trading. D1 and D2 DID have trading, so again, self found is NOT the default way D1 and D2 were played.

Veteran. LOL. And since this never seems to sink in with your group I'll say it again. You already have the "loot finding mode" you desire. Go find loot. Nobody is stopping you but you.

You're kidding me right? You would actually buy that car, drive it for a year and then go back to the dealership and request the turbo with a straight face? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Yea but they did have trade which is the same thing as the AH. You're welcome to find loot yourself right now.

That wasn't a straw man, maybe you need to actually look up that term. I never mischaracterized your argument, I merely disagreed with your entitlement attitude.

You're correct that D1 and D2 didn't have auction houses....but we're not talking about auction houses. We're talking about "self found mode", i.e. no trading. D1 and D2 DID have trading, so again, self found is NOT the default way D1 and D2 were played.

Veteran. LOL. And since this never seems to sink in with your group I'll say it again. You already have the "loot finding mode" you desire. Go find loot. Nobody is stopping you but you.

You go look up "strawman" You created a strawman and then defeated it; I can't think of a more strawman fallacy argument.

No we are talking about auction houses because a separate and optional Self-found Mode of play would NOT have Auction Houses in it as well as not having trading. So it is very relevent.

And if you don't like breathing in smog in the big city then don't breath, or move to the country. All your ridiculous arguments are these kind of statements. You don't actually say anything important but still try to prove your point! You know full well that the AH apples don't mix with the SF oranges playstyles; this has been addressed in thread after thread.

Veteran as in someone who has played Diablo 1 and 2 and LoD. That kind of veteran. A veteran player of Diablo games. Not a pro or a fan but a veteran of the genre. Sinking in yet?
08/26/2013 09:25 PMPosted by Martimus

You're kidding me right? You would actually buy that car, drive it for a year and then go back to the dealership and request the turbo with a straight face? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

And a lot of the kids don't come on the forum and after playing for 6 months, don't ask for their money back? Yes, just as ridiculous. Hint: look up the word "Satire"

The rest of your post is pointless and I won't waste my time on it. Have a nice day.

when the itemization was broken, the skills were broken... did everyone have a big cry and demand that they fix the game?

yes, well there you go then.

Yeah, you want a better socialization and game joining interface, so does everyone else.

yet instead of everyone else posting ideas in their own thread, they have none, so are in here trying to prevent ours from being heard, go figure.
Edited by troyshaun#6994 on 8/26/2013 9:37 PM PDT
08/26/2013 08:07 PMPosted by Arcolus

What the majority wants is irrelevant. The majority does not play HC. Yet it exists. The majority does not play MP10. Yet it exists.
08/26/2013 09:25 PMPosted by Martimus

Yea but they did have trade which is the same thing as the AH. You're welcome to find loot yourself right now.

So you are saying we should never ask for features we want? Or should we only ask for features you approve of?

Also, you seem to forget that we haven't bought the car yet. The car is the expansion.
Edited by Aphyrax#1841 on 8/26/2013 9:39 PM PDT
No we are talking about auction houses because a separate and optional Self-found Mode of play would NOT have Auction Houses in it as well as not having trading. So it is very relevent.

08/26/2013 09:25 PMPosted by SirRight
as well as not having trading

If there's no trading in your proposed mode, then it isn't similar to D1 or D2. Pretty cut and dry. I don't know how much more simply I can state that for you.

You know full well that the AH apples don't mix with the SF oranges playstyles; this has been addressed in thread after thread.

How is your playstyle different? Because you don't trade items? I have never been in a group where anyone even asked about other people being self-found. You haven't addressed a thing. You (and others) have just made baseless statements about not being able to play with other people. Well I'm calling BS. The only thing other players care about in groups is whether you can pull your own weight. If you play in an MP level that is too high for your level of gear (whether you're self found or otherwise) people won't like it. If you play at a level that fits your gear (whether you're self found or otherwise) people will play with you and your "playstyle" will never even come up.

Veteran as in someone who has played Diablo 1 and 2 and LoD. That kind of veteran. A veteran player of Diablo games. Not a pro or a fan but a veteran of the genre. Sinking in yet?

Right...I played all of the above too. And, as a literal veteran, I find it kind of funny that you give yourself an honorary title because you played a series of very popular video games.

You don't actually say anything important but still try to prove your point!

Aw. Don't get upset because I'm challenging you on your BS.
08/26/2013 09:45 PMPosted by Hamedo

as well as not having trading

If there's no trading in your proposed mode, then it isn't similar to D1 or D2. Pretty cut and dry. I don't know how much more simply I can state that for you.

You know full well that the AH apples don't mix with the SF oranges playstyles; this has been addressed in thread after thread.

How is your playstyle different? Because you don't trade items? I have never been in a group where anyone even asked about other people being self-found. You haven't addressed a thing. You (and others) have just made baseless statements about not being able to play with other people. Well I'm calling BS. The only thing other players care about in groups is whether you can pull your own weight. If you play in an MP level that is too high for your level of gear (whether you're self found or otherwise) people won't like it. If you play at a level that fits your gear (whether you're self found or otherwise) people will play with you and your "playstyle" will never even come up.

Right...I played all of the above too. And, as a literal veteran, I find it kind of funny that you give yourself an honorary title because you played a series of very popular video games.

You don't actually say anything important but still try to prove your point!

Aw. Don't get upset because I'm challenging you on your BS.

Let's see...

- Trading was an option that was added to a loot finding game (D1 and 2) but the whole game dynamics centered around finding items. Some people did trade but it was not the premise of the game.

- You want to know about my proposed Self-found mode? This will tell you how Blizzard can implement an almost incorruptible mode of play. But wait, note that some things have the word "optionally" or "potentially" and thus are not mandatory for this SF Mode to work:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9309641216

- If you played D1 and D2 as well then why does the addition of a totally separate and totally optional Mode of play bother you so much? Do you hate to see others have fun? Did Santa bring you the wrong colour iphone last year?
And a lot of the kids don't come on the forum and after playing for 6 months, don't ask for their money back? Yes, just as ridiculous. Hint: look up the word "Satire"

Uhh actually that is quite ridiculous. Playing the game for 6 months THEN expecting a refund? You honestly believe that's not ridiculous? I think you either need to look up satire, because either you're not good at it, or you have no clue what it is. Just admit your analogy was terrible.

And how is the rest of my post pointless? Do you disagree that trading and the AH are essentially the same? Because you're asking for the removal of both. Do you agree that trading was a part of D1 and D2? If so then my post is completely valid. I don't see why you all of a sudden need a separate game mode after 2 games.
- Trading was an option that was added to a loot finding game (D1 and 2) but the whole game dynamics centered around finding items. Some people did trade but it was not the premise of the game.

Seriously? In D2 exactly how many HRs did you find? Exactly how many enigmas did you make? Because 99% of players who had an enigma or any other HR runeword either duped, botted, or traded for it. And guess what? You know all those game changing uniques people remember so fondly? Most of them were Runewords. Infinity, Enigma, Dream, Chaos, all opened up so many OP builds and skills. So don't tell me that trading wasn't a central part of D2, because 99% of legit players (aka not duping or botting) wouldn't have been able to use those items.

- If you played D1 and D2 as well then why does the addition of a totally separate and totally optional Mode of play bother you so much? Do you hate to see others have fun? Did Santa bring you the wrong colour iphone last year?

Because like people constantly state. It is deemed unnecessary, and there is a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong list of things that need to be implemented way before even an SF mode can be thought about. Not to mention loot 2.0 should solve about 90% of SF player's problems.

List in case you were wondering:
-Loot 2.0
-Paragon 2.0
-Mystic
-Loot Runs/Nephalem Trials
-Improved skill system and build diversity
-Enhanced PVP (if they implement an SF mode before this you can expect a sea of holy fire on the forums)
-Improved Social/Chat functions
-Better Matchmaking
-Commas,raised gold cap, and better search functionality in the AH
-Revisiting the lvling of 1-60 and the number of difficulties

and I'm sure more that I'm forgetting
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]