Diablo® III

Diablo III PS3 to PS4 game upgrade?

I created a thread in General Discussion and was referred to try posting here instead, thanks enem.

As the title says this is available for AC IV, Battlefield 4, CoD:Ghost and Watchdogs(which are all launch titles). I currently own Diablo 3 on PC and really considering getting it for PS3 obviously for the benefits that it brings for consoles, I would really like to get it at release digitally from PSN but rather hold off until I can get the ps4 version if you cant, for a little fee, trade up to ps4 version when it's available there.

I'm really hoping for a confirmation of this as I will most likely within short time after receiving answer pre-purchase it

Thanks in advance

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/gamescom/sony-reveals-ps3-to-ps4-upgrade-program-6413256/
Reply Quote
i believe that is something that sony does and blizzard would have no control over the promotion, so i doubt any blue could answer that for you. also its way too early to even get a response for it because PS4 version is so far off i doubt anyone is thinking about promo sale bonuses right now.

i don't think you should base your decision to pre order on the promotion offer as PS4 version is months away still and saving $50 - $90 in them months is not going to be very difficult to do for the PS4 version at release.

why not just buy the PS3 version now enjoy it and when PS4 version comes along buy that too and trade in your PS3 version for a reduced cost on the PS4 purchase.

my 2 cents. :)
Reply Quote
coo... i'll follow this thread to see if there's any blue response, but as AgroAnt suggests there's a point where you just have to expect there to be no real solid answer on this in the next while.

way I see it i'm going to get the PS3 version next week. play it and see if it's a barrel of fun with 4 player local co-op and if it is then i'll look forward to upgrading it when the PS4 version appears.. if there's no playstation upgrade path, or theres no way to transfer over characters then i'll cross that bridge when I come to it, but i'm not going to let that get in the way of potentially a couple of months of demon killing fun.
Reply Quote
08/27/2013 12:59 AMPosted by enem
if there's no playstation upgrade path, or theres no way to transfer over characters then i'll cross that bridge when I come to it, but i'm not going to let that get in the way of potentially a couple of months of demon killing fun.

couldn't of said it better myself +1 totally agree :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I own d3 for ps3 and pc, I would love to see the upgrade to ps4 with a $10 tag or something, if i have to pay for it for the 3rd time i'm going to be pissed. I'm a loyal blizzard fan, but have to draw the line somewhere.
Reply Quote
69 Blood Elf Priest
I was just reading about the Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition coming to PS4, and honestly to me it sounds like ROS will include everything from act I to the new act V so you would only need ROS to enjoy the entire game on PS4. This would be great for me personally because I have not purchased Diablo 3 on PS3 (was waiting for an announcement for PS4 version.) I can see this being a problem with those who bought it for PS3 I don't know how they would price everything. Also I foresee the launch for PS4 being with PC version or shortly after.
Reply Quote
$10 upgrade isn't going to happen. Not a chance. If the fact that it includes RoS isn't enough to realize this, the fact that every single game that came with a $10 upgrade option included a code to allow this should be.
Reply Quote
View profile
12/27/2013 09:04 AMPosted by onebyone
$10 upgrade isn't going to happen. Not a chance. If the fact that it includes RoS isn't enough to realize this, the fact that every single game that came with a $10 upgrade option included a code to allow this should be.

Agreed. Yes it will suck for some of us to buy the game 3 times, but at the end of the day, its a choice. You can keep your PS3 and just play on that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]