Diablo® III

why us wiz no such cool passives?

Against All Odds - When surrounded by 4 or more enemies within 15 yards, you gain 10% Crit Chance for 5 seconds

Finery - Gain 34 All Resist for each gem of different color on your gear, if you have five different gems you'll gain another 34 All Resist

crusader -_-
Reply Quote
Against All Odds - When surrounded by 4 or more enemies within 15 yards, you gain 10% Crit Chance for 5 seconds

Finery - Gain 34 All Resist for each gem of different color on your gear, if you have five different gems you'll gain another 34 All Resist

crusader -_-

Because useful passives isn't a wiz thing...?
Reply Quote
but putrid ones are? :(

sup mental, how's eu?
Reply Quote
but putrid ones are? :(

sup mental, how's eu?

It's good, finally done with my summer schedule so I'm back in FoM clearing !@#$ faster then ever, might have something to post about in a bit. :)

Needs some more testing and I should really get another Wiz up to 60 so I can test some xp gains aswell.

All in all, nice to be back in D3 and quite excited about the expansion, even though it's still quite far off.
Reply Quote
glad to see you're positive about all this, mental :D
Reply Quote
08/27/2013 06:30 AMPosted by pichapie
glad to see you're positive about all this, mental :D

Meh, can't get any worse for us Wiz's can it?

There, I jinxed it, we are all doomed now :D
Reply Quote
Apparently, we have the most broken passive in the game... CM.

By the way, are those Crusader passives correct? Why would you NOT have Against All Odds on...
Reply Quote
yes mrduma, crusader have interesting skills/passives

http://www.diablofans.com/ scroll down
Reply Quote
Wizard's have good passives as well.

Paralysis: lighting damage has a 8% chance to stun and by 8%, we mean 0%.
Power Hungry: gain 30 ap per globe. Very handy for those weird crappy builds that no one uses.
Gal Ward: omg 620 life per second! If you're not good at math, this passive rocks!
Ruthless: 5% cc, 50% cd, holy cow.. oh wait, that's for barbs
Reply Quote
lol.. with increased monster density, AAO will always be active.. unless you're running ubers or something.

hahahaha
Punish - Hit your enemy. Your hits increase your sense of combat, which improves your ability to block. Requires a shield. (Cost: 5 Wrath) (roughly translated)

Excellent intro.
Reply Quote
Wizard's have good passives as well.

Power Hungry: gain 30 ap per globe. Very handy for those weird crappy builds that no one uses.
Gal Ward: omg 620 life per second! If you're not good at math, this passive rocks!
Ruthless: 5% cc, 50% cd, holy cow.. oh wait, that's for barbs

Funny thing is, I simulated the Ruthless passive on my wiz in d3up a while back and it turned out it gave me about 15% dmg increase (actually a bit more, 15,8 or something iirc) with no drawbacks and the utility of 5% CC. So even our more usuefull passives can't compare :(

On topic, crusader looks pretty interesting just looking at the few skills posted. Finally I can use a shield again. I miss my Spectral Blades S&B wiz from back in the pre nerf era...
Reply Quote

Heavenly Intelligence - Enable the wizard to hold a 2 handed weapon in main hand, but only if you have a source in the other, in addition you gain 10 apoc

looking good :)
Edited by crrazzycat#1801 on 8/27/2013 7:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The passives and skills that arent usefull right now are going to change either with the patch or with the exp, so Im pretty sure we are going to see some passives changed.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Wizard)
View profile
Don't worry...they'll have to add at least one more wiz passive once they axe CM (my guess).

It'll be a sad day...
Edited by PieHole#1628 on 8/27/2013 8:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Cold Blooded isn't too bad. CM IS one of the most powerful passives in the game, but only because one of our skills is the most imba/op in game when you remove its cooldown... And I'm not talking about Archon. It isn't just our passives that underwhelm. Our nukes are more like cherry bombs and most of them have cool downs to prevent us from exploiting their obviously out of control imba/op'ed-ness. Can't have those wizards spamming Wave of Force, can we? That would break the game! *swoon* <(_-_)>

So... they give us CM, practically force us to use it, and complain because... well, we broke the game! I think they should just do away with all of our cooldowns except for FN and get rid of CM. Make Archon drain AP/sec while active and give it a high AP activation cost (imagine the new Arcane Destruction Build) instead of having a CD and duration (suddenly, cost of APoC black wands skyrockets). Up the AP cost of TP a little. Tweak any other skills with stun effects as necessary. And for the love of dog, buff our dps skills! Monks and WDs are making mushroom clouds while we are trying to sunburn the monsters to death.
Reply Quote

This is so ridiculous sounding I seriously thought it was a troll. Actually I'm still not convinced it isn't.
08/27/2013 06:53 AMPosted by kiza

I always thought life regen was an utterly useless stat, but galv ward actually feels pretty nice when you have none on your gear. Makes a difference in between fights. Especially nice in ubers after taking maghda's flies to the face and then running around waiting for your health pots to go off cooldown while you have 5k hp.

Not that I ever actually use it though.

PS the big difference between cold blooded and barb passives is that cold blooded doesn't bump your sheet DPS, which means it sucks.
Edited by silverfire#1855 on 8/27/2013 9:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
You have to admit, CM is one hell of a passive, but so is Ruthless, and Grave Injustice. I don't think they will remove CM altogether, at least I hope not. I do think they are working on ways to stop the continuous uptime of skills they meant to only be situational, and of course permafreeze which could easily be done by further nerfing proc rates(again).

It would be really nice to have other options for builds. I want to see some kind of fireball spell, which I really miss from D2. All the Sorc builds I played in D2 were ranged, and I would like a decent ranged build now that could nuke stuff and not just slap the monsters.

Anybody notice Maltheal looks like he is in Archon? He kinda just floats up the steps to get the Black Soulstone. I have watched that damn cinematic so many times, and I have to admit, when ol' dude cuts those guys heads off, I am grinning from ear to ear.
Reply Quote
08/27/2013 06:53 AMPosted by kiza

U just can't find worse passive across all the classes.

= we won!
Reply Quote
i like the power hungry passive
Reply Quote
I'd rather have Power Hunger and Astral Presence to be combined in one passive...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]