Diablo® III

First class thoughts.

Seeing as we will all be starting with a fresh account. What are peoples thoughts on a first class purely from an efficiency standpoint of farming gear?
Reply Quote
I choose the class i like most. Currently bit playing on the mac, and i must say i like the witch doctor very much. So my main will be a witch doctor.
Reply Quote
I have way to many hours across all the characters. I'm more looking for opinions on most efficient first class on a fresh account
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Demon Hunter straight up, no questions ask it will be my first and maincharacter.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
08/27/2013 07:52 AMPosted by Zyrz
Seeing as we will all be starting with a fresh account. What are peoples thoughts on a first class purely from an efficiency standpoint of farming gear?

I'm not worried about farming efficiency on the console version, because the drop system is more lenient. I think I'll be content with the upgrades I find while playing at a relaxed pace. However, the action on the console feels very engaging, and I'm going to play that up by starting with a Monk. I don't normally play that class on the PC version, so I'm really looking forward to it.
Reply Quote
View profile
witch doctor here too, mac too
i keep saying on the forums how awesome the witch doctor was, just like the necro in d2
summoning minions will never get old
Reply Quote
Prolly gonna bolt onto ww barb for farm status. Then work my dh and cm wiz.
Reply Quote
i keep saying on the forums how awesome the witch doctor was, just like the necro in d2

Until you realize how bad they are.
Reply Quote
08/27/2013 07:52 AMPosted by Zyrz

With the new loot system in place, I would worry more about what class you enjoy the most, not what can farm the best. If its anything like the pc, then I would say Barbarian can probably farm the fastest.

That being said every class can farm good, some just require more gear then others, like say zero dogs, or CM Wizards, whereas Barbs can gear for WW spec very easily with little cost.

But if I was you, just play what class you think will be most fun, and don't worry about what can farm best loot the fastest. I think they are making loot drops so much more quality that you will not have hard time gearing.
Reply Quote
well on PC for farming archon wiz and ww barbies where pretty efficient but on console the density has been dropped and mobs hang back when your engaging a certain amount so im not too sure how those 2 builds will play out on console we will just have to wait and see.
Reply Quote
DH will be most efficient for the 1st month atleast. Thats what happened on PC. And the Amazon on D2's release
Reply Quote
08/27/2013 02:01 PMPosted by Grimiku

I'm not worried about farming efficiency on the console version, because the drop system is more lenient. I think I'll be content with the upgrades I find while playing at a relaxed pace. However, the action on the console feels very engaging, and I'm going to play that up by starting with a Monk. I don't normally play that class on the PC version, so I'm really looking forward to it.

shorter version: the drops in console will be fun and exciting unlike the pc version.
Reply Quote
I'm going to be leveling all classes but, to start with I'm going with barb. WW FTW!!
Reply Quote

Until you realize how bad they are.

Because skeletons were da bomb in hell difficulty prior to v1.10...........................
Reply Quote
08/27/2013 02:01 PMPosted by Grimiku

I don't like the notion that owning the console version of the same game is going to reward that customer on the platform with more "lenient" drops (meaning they are going to have much better drops that can potentially allow the customer to self found mode the game) when pc customers don't have that luxury. I find this business practice bias and it sounds very unfair to those who do not want to use the auction house in pc.

It also sounds like they can fix the itemization issues on the PC and they choose not to. It sounds like there is real discrimination against pc gamers. And it shouts to greed.

Perhaps this quote does not mean what I have deduced but it certainly looks that way. I would encourage this company to fix the itemization for both pc and consoles equally as they are the same game and should not have such bias.
Reply Quote
I don't like the notion that owning the console version of the same game is going to reward that customer on the platform with more "lenient" drops (meaning they are going to have much better drops that can potentially allow the customer to self found mode the game) when pc customers don't have that luxury. I find this business practice bias and it sounds very unfair to those who do not want to use the auction house in pc.

It also sounds like they can fix the itemization issues on the PC and they choose not to. It sounds like there is real discrimination against pc gamers. And it shouts to greed.

Perhaps this quote does not mean what I have deduced but it certainly looks that way. I would encourage this company to fix the itemization for both pc and consoles equally as they are the same game and should not have such bias.

Hey man you got the AH for that. Console version has no AH so the drops need to be adjusted to make up for that.
Reply Quote
It sounds to me like these versions had different development teams and so the result isn't a direct port.

Greed would have been shipping a lazy port at the time the PC version was released. You'll see this practice all the time with other companies. Check out how well it worked for Skyrim on the PS3 (that version of the game is practically unplayable in the long run).
Reply Quote

Good observations and I would completely agree with you, but there's evidence out there (thankfully) suggesting you may be wrong on this. Unless I'm reading things incorrectly, the Devs stated that they're bringing the Loot 2.0 system to PC (probably) around expansion time, and it won't require the expansion. It was asked somewhere if the Loot 2.0 going on PC/expansion was the same drop system on console versions, and they said yes. The same drop system that's going live on console *should* make it's way to PC soon, hopefully sooner rather than later. But yeah, if that's not the case and PC players were straight up not given the same system, I'd completely yell foul too with you. I *hope* you're not right on this, anyway, but I had the same immediate concern as you put it, because this is an otherwise unsettling notion.
Edited by Cassiel#1175 on 8/28/2013 11:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]