Diablo® III

What gear *could* survive loot 2.0?

Thinking about the direction Bliz is taking gear got me thinking could there be gear that could survive loot 2.0? Niche examples of current legacy gear that has survived includes legacy nats and justice lantern. Here is a short list of gear or types of gear I think could survive and some that won't:

Survive?
- high roll trifecta jewelry - with de-emphasis of crit, current jewelry could match or exceed higher item level stuff and be critical (no pun intended) for viability of certain crit dependent builds.
- IAS daggers with stats+socket - maybe new gems make these stat monsters a must-have? I don't know about new gems...just made that up.
- Echoing fury - many current mechanics look to one weapon damage but not other. Sure throw an 1100 dps EF in the offhand...with a 3k dps monster mainhand.

Die?
- IK chests - pure stat beasts. Nothing special about them except big fat stats. Higher item level, higher stats. Dead.
- Crafted shoulders/Viles - same reason as IK chests.

That's all I care to type at the moment. Any others have insights or flat out non-evidence-based guesses?
Reply Quote
It was my understanding that the Mystic was going to let us upgrade current Legendary items to have iLvl 70 stats. Wasn't there a screenshot of a iLvl 70 Puzzle Ring with 300+ Intelligence?
Reply Quote
09/01/2013 03:32 PMPosted by WordMaster
It was my understanding that the Mystic was going to let us upgrade current Legendary items to have iLvl 70 stats. Wasn't there a screenshot of a iLvl 70 Puzzle Ring with 300+ Intelligence?

Yeah saw the same thing...but who knows what RNG is involved in the roll, OR what gear is eligible. OR what stats are eligible.
Reply Quote
What I mean is...with de-emphasis of crit, maybe the mystic doesn't know how to raise CHD above 50, or CC above 6?
Reply Quote
I hate to break this to you guys, but not a single item will survive the next patch,, (loot 2.0)

We have gotten a sneak peak from the console players what new items loot 2.0 brings, and it dont look pretty (eye of the beholder)

Some examples: --> http://s1283.photobucket.com/user/roomail9/slideshow/ <--

(Lets just steamroll mp10 3x harder then we do today with these new items.. Iam sure that will keep my interest for this game up)

And before anyone of you guys try to argue that the content on the console is harder then on the PC and have no AH, so they "need better items, i would like to paste this from Lylirra.

06/12/2013 04:37 PMPosted by Lylirra
Let me be more specific: The monster density updates you added in 1.08 JUST for inferno, is that coming to console?

Yes and no.

Difficulty levels and Monster Power operate a little differently on console. There will still be Normal, Nightmare, Hell, and Inferno, and completing one mode will unlock the next mode -- just like on PC. Also, within each of these modes players will able to select from different difficulty levels to suit their preferred level of challenge. On console, however, there are only 8 settings: Easy, Medium, Hard, Master I, Master II, Master III, Master IV, and Master V. At Medium and higher in Inferno, density does increase, but the increase won't be as significant as what you'd typically see on PC (due to performance issues). Similar to MP on PC, higher difficulty settings present more powerful enemies that will have opportunity to reward players with more powerful loot.

For perspective, here's the current scaling (note that this may change before we ship):

• Easy = Monster Power 0
  • Medium = Monster Power 2
  • Hard = Monster Power 4
  • Master I = Monster Power 6
  • Master II = Monster Power 7
  • Master III = Monster Power 8
  • Master IV = Monster Power 9
  • Master V = Monster Power 10

Hope that helps!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9281758533#17

And after the "ladder reset" we get from loot 2.0, we get even one other "ladder reset" from the expansion pack.

The more i read about these new changes, the less faith i have in blizzard being able to "save" this game, and i fear the time is coming to an end for me.
Edited by Det0x#2856 on 9/1/2013 4:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm not sure I see what part of Lylirra's comment I should be concerned about. Yes if they keep MP10 as it currently is with the gear buffs the game will blow.

I also was not shocked by that slideshow. A bit higher stats (that pride of cassius belt will be interesting!). Nothing extremely game-breaking though.

Again, in that slideshow I saw that crit chance/CD was not extremely buffed, if at all. Just other stats.
Reply Quote
The only item I could see surviving loot 2.0 is a high rolled SoJ. It is the only end game item I can think of that is not stat dependent at all. Of course, with ilvl70, perhaps they will attach stats to SoJ and render the current ones obsolete (more than likely this will happen) but with the option of the Mystic, it is conceivable that I will be wearing my SoJ long into the future.
Reply Quote
True SOJ scales so nicely with damage I can't imagine further buffs to it. Good call.
Reply Quote
It would be nice if we could upgrade our current gear to top ilvl rolls after farming enough materials and spending those and some gold on the mystic. I wouldn't mind making all my gear boa if I could do that. But that decision doesn't make much sense (at least to me so far) from a business stand point, since top tier gear today would also become top gear in loot 2.0 after some not so hard work.
I think Blizzard will want us to regear completelly by making our current items worthless. For those that stay, that will mean a lot of play hours to get upgrades and some rmah expending (for those willing to) for top items that could become bis after rerolling some stats on the mystic.

I'm afraid rmah will remain strong since I currently believe more items will become attractive since you can get that item with that wasted roll and change it. So, items won't have to be all around perfect to hold some value for players.
Reply Quote
View profile
Rmah prevails..
Reply Quote
View profile
Im thinking my clothing dyes will survive as well. Stock up now!!
Reply Quote
Inna pants with double vit, strength and AR would be bis!
Reply Quote
09/01/2013 05:50 PMPosted by MasterPUA
Inna pants with double vit, strength and AR would be bis!

I'll take a hypothetical pair.
Reply Quote
Also the loot runs and trials or whatever those are. Endlessly increasing difficultly? Could be....
Reply Quote
I just saw a 1400 dps Azurewrath. Rage
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]