Diablo® III

I just entered in six Brawling games...[PvP]

...in which the players were just farming PvE. I wish there was hostility, so that I can port on them and kill them where they stand for wasting my time.
This clearly shows how the current matchmaking is just not good enough, but also that the current PvP is just not good enough, since the players don't find it engaging and switch back to PvE.
Hopefully with a future PvP mode things might change for the better.
Edited by Noxifer#1234 on 9/3/2013 2:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Because having a person that can kill you instantly being able to magically appear right on top of you is fun, right? With damage how it is, you can deal 500k+ instantly with a lot of abilities, so PvP would just be who is using the cheapest win skill. That sounds like it would be about as much fun as an adult beating up third graders.
Reply Quote
09/03/2013 02:16 PMPosted by Raila
Because having a person that can kill you instantly being able to magically appear right on top of you is fun, right? With damage how it is, you can deal 500k+ instantly with a lot of abilities, so PvP would just be who is using the cheapest win skill. That sounds like it would be about as much fun as an adult beating up third graders.

Ok, that's all good and well.
But then if they don't find PvP fun, then why open the game to public as a Brawling game? To deliberately waste time and mess with the matchmaking?
If they don't want to fight, then either stay in a closed game, or open for Mosnter Slaying or Key runs. It isn't hard.
Reply Quote
I like Noxifer. He does all the complaining about lack of pvp that I'm too lazy to do <3

Thanks I guess <3 :D
09/03/2013 02:28 PMPosted by Dispirit
really don't understand why people are reporting noxifer...

Lol, they are reporting me? I can't see the report when I am not logged in, and I can't see the report when I am already logged in either.

In any case, I am not breaking any rules here. Even if I have done that in the past, I don't see anything offensive, which brakes the rules Blizzard have set for these forums.
If I were to try and guess as to why few individuals or a particular individual is reporting me, it would be something along the lines of what The Saint said, but to put it in a more nice manner:
Some players are so PvE purists in their views (and yes, I can come up with terms too, just like the "PvP advocates who only want to gank and grief"), that they get extremely annoyed when PvP is mentioned. Apparently they really get aggravated at the mere reminder, that PvP is in the game.

To that I only say that PvP has always been part of Diablo games, even if it was never the main aspect. For many it was the only endgame the game ever had. If you're not concerned with PvP -- why do you bother to look into a thread, which is specifically tagged [PvP]?
To enter a thread, which is specifically meant to discuss PvP aspects of the game, when you turn crazy at the mere mention of PvP is some sort of masochism. People who do that clearly have issues.

Bottom line, thanks a lot for the replies and keep the thread going. Back to trying to find a brawling game, while I am listening Puddle Of Mudd - Psycho :P
Edited by Noxifer#1234 on 9/3/2013 3:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Maybe I'm the one
Maybe I'm the one who is the schizophrenic psycho, yeah
Maybe I'm the one
Maybe I'm the one who is the schizophrenic psycho

I sat down to play Diablo3
Wanted to do me some PvP
But but it tuned out it sucks big time
And it makes me wanna rewind
To back in the days when we were young
When PvP was like a loaded gun
Ready to go off at any minute
And you know we're gonna win again
Yeah, you know we're gonna gank again
YEAH, YOU KNOW WE'RE GONNA GRIEF AGAIN!!!
I'm not going to be nice to these gutless cowards who claim this and that when they never experienced what they claimed happened. Utilizing the gamblers folly argument to justify a blanket hypocritical stereotypical response. They probably went into a PK game intent on doing magic finding, but the people intent on PVP were annoyed he was taking up a slot to leech magic find, found him and skinned him alive. Now he brought his little grudge.

That wasn't all that uncommon, in fact it was happening pretty often. I can see why some people would hold a grudge and get extremely pissed at the mere mention of PvP in Diablo.
Edited by Noxifer#1234 on 9/3/2013 3:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]