Diablo® III

Starter gear list not so... cheap!

Hello all,

I decided to roll new characters to US servers (EU player here) because of the unbearable state of EU auction house. My barb just dinged 60 (thought making a barb is a good clean start for farming/gearing etc) and I was playing WD at EU.

From the moment I dinged I went at once to find a budget guide. I ended up reading Eclipse's starter barbs guide. Well... it is not THAT low budget at least from the current state of AH. It is not Europe but still the pieces he suggests cost many millions. As we speak I have found 2 pieces really low price bid that needs 12 minutes to expire, I am outbid and I wait for <1 minute to reach in order to try and get these.

So my only option now is go to inferno mode and try farming gold?
Reply Quote
would help if u named your current budget
Reply Quote
lol this is a double post:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9793041036
Reply Quote
elevnty billion gold
Reply Quote
Please lock/delete this. Somehow it was posted twice :(
Reply Quote
if this one is getting responses, why would u delete this one?

did u want to tell me your budget so i could help you?
Reply Quote
~1 mil.

Mods will probably move/consolidate it with the other that Cartographer answered.
Reply Quote
Moved response here:

Hello Nephalem Rayaleith,

Here is a Under 1 Million Budget build. That averages ~75,000 gold for each item. The one listed on this post is DW WW that hits 2.23/2.5 BP.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9792650522

I just finished a HotA SnB set but I need to pull pictures and make post before I can hand it off. I haven't tested it, either.

GL HF

edit: I forgot the link... Added
Reply Quote
Before I even read it, thanks in advance!

2H build with the weapon I use is out of the question?

2H are viable, too, but gear differently. I haven't done a 1 Mil 2H budget set, yet... so I don't have a direct model to link. Hopefully, I can build one after I finish all SnB HotA stuff.

GL HF

edit: a little punctuation goes a long way :P
Edited by Cartographer#1273 on 9/3/2013 4:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
..unbearable state of EU auction house..

May I ask what's wrong with the EU AH (different from US)?
I was about start a character there...
US AH is as bad as it can be...
Edited by Luffy#1946 on 9/3/2013 4:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
..unbearable state of EU auction house..

May I ask what's wrong with the EU AH (different from US)?
I was about start a character there...
US AH is as bad as it can be...

When in doubt, blame the French...
Reply Quote
I found that the attack speed and crit chance requirements to permawrath with a 2h are too difficult to reach on <5m budgets. I would stick to dual wield or shield.
Reply Quote
EU auction house is extremely expensive. You can check it with your level 1 character :)

About 2H. I asked because I found it really cheap and its stats seems decent. Ok I will try to sell it.
Reply Quote
About the shield idea... Do you feel it might be ok for a low budget build? Comparing to dual wield I mean.
Reply Quote
So this is my 1 mil SnB HotA

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Cartographer-1273/hero/32532712

I'll admit, PermaWrath is hard... I tested on MP3 and I tend to drop it like ~10-15 secs before cooldown... I'm not very knowledgeable in the SnB gearing so kinda followed general gearing guidelines.

More to come later.

IMO, for Standard WW, DW is king, especially on a budget.

GL HF
Reply Quote
09/03/2013 04:12 PMPosted by Cartographer

oh yeah?!
Bonjour!

09/03/2013 04:26 PMPosted by Rayaleith
EU auction house is extremely expensive.

they dont have 2B cap in there?
Reply Quote
09/03/2013 04:32 PMPosted by Luffy

oh yeah?!
Bonjour!

EU auction house is extremely expensive.

they dont have 2B cap in there?

Yes we do. We may have different definition for expensive :) Comparing though and fot items that are not (or should not) be in the 2bil range, you will see that it hurts. And I wanted to resist the temptation to use RMAH. In US I cannot use it anyway.
Reply Quote
So this is my 1 mil SnB HotA

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Cartographer-1273/hero/32532712

I'll admit, PermaWrath is hard... I tested on MP3 and I tend to drop it like ~10-15 secs before cooldown... I'm not very knowledgeable in the SnB gearing so kinda followed general gearing guidelines.

More to come later.

IMO, for Standard WW, DW is king, especially on a budget.

GL HF

Thanks once more. I see your list has some pieces with weird prices. The OH for instance. I could see only one piece with your specs and near the price you say (bid with no buyout and it is 818K dps Spear...).

Found a very nice amulet like your specs with even a socket that had 2.6K bid only and 2 minutes before expiring someone bid for 530K.

Anyway, patience...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]