Diablo® III

Temporal Flux AWESOME for Archon

Anyone else think so? I just find it make farming fields so much easier, especially dodging the savage beasts...
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
http://youtu.be/FNGcVmC3AVA?t=52m57s
Twitter: @Jaetch
Reply Quote
I like blur if you don't have a source of cold damage.
Reply Quote
Really blur seems a bit pointless if u melting most mobs before they even hit you. Whats the theory behind cold damage?

@Jaetch Once again, Yes I have seen the video that you linked in one of my previous posts. I was trying to stimulate a discussion on the forum on temporal flux and some alternatives. No offence but it kinda seems like you fishing for views.
Reply Quote
Oh damn.... Apply cold water to the burned region
Reply Quote
08/30/2013 03:20 PMPosted by TyroneBiggum
Whats the theory behind cold damage?

Give scoundrel a buriza (or other cold weapon or cold SoJ/tal). Add Cold Blooded Passive.

It works mainly against elites, but elites take the longest time to kill anyway. It also requires your scoundrel stays alive.
Reply Quote
08/30/2013 03:20 PMPosted by TyroneBiggum
Whats the theory behind cold damage?

It's not a theory; it's a common solo practice with a Buriza Scoundrel.
Reply Quote
yes i am a fan of flux also, and even over cold blooded the rerason is 100% uptime and to me that means more efficent, also better for gobs and those annoying fast affix guys leepers and such.

it's fantastic when you see things trying to walk into you but they juuust can't get there lol
Reply Quote
yes i am a fan of flux also, and even over cold blooded the rerason is 100% uptime and to me that means more efficent, also better for gobs and those annoying fast affix guys leepers and such.

it's fantastic when you see things trying to walk into you but they juuust can't get there lol

I prefer to just laugh at them as they try to damage me and proceed to use my face to tank them. I never have problems with goblins either, even if I don't remember to switch to my SoJ.
Reply Quote
Yeah I guess it would work for elites buy when your doing crypt/ field runs for experience isn't the mass crowd control more efficient than taking down elites a little bit faster? Also do you think its a big ++ in group play with ww barbs? Their tornadoes would tick on each enemy more.
Reply Quote
08/30/2013 05:49 PMPosted by TyroneBiggum
Yeah I guess it would work for elites buy when your doing crypt/ field runs for experience isn't the mass crowd control more efficient than taking down elites a little bit faster? Also do you think its a big ++ in group play with ww barbs? Their tornadoes would tick on each enemy more.

not really. I play a COB wd too. and temp flux pisses me off cause the dammed mob takes so long to walk into my cob range. :P
Reply Quote
Cold blooded is great when u have a freeze wiz in your group too.
Reply Quote
I don't see the point of a snare when you're doing xp / farm runs, since you would normally run an MP level where you instantly melt whites and couple seconds to kill elites. Snare is nice when you don't use channeled abilities as your source of dmg / snare (like a demon hunter a while back with HA / Loaded for Bear).

The only thing that should pose a threat to you is getting CC and taking damage (chain knockbacks followed by big hits like beasts, getting immobilized on top of several arcane beams + molten or plague, frozen with same effects, and even firechains with said CC) in which case a snare wouldn't really do much good :)

Treasure gobos killing is never a problem if you have archon up, however I am not willing to risk engaging one w/o Archon because LL is really not a great single target dps especially against a fast slippery moving target :D

Cold Blooded is the goto for me if am grouping (no buriza for scoundrel yet, and despite I have a nice azure wrath my templar is too annoying - conversation wise - to give him a go), otherwise is galv ward for the nice duration on shields and bumping my life regen to ~1.2k / sec.
Reply Quote
@Anelyn isn't high MP farming more efficient due to the monster density changes? I don't think i know anyone that can 1 shot whites mp 9 or 10.

Anyways I personally think that temporal flux adds good survivability especially for frogs and cows since u can pretty much side step the charge due to the massive slow.

p.s. thanks for everyones input
Reply Quote
i really don't prefer temporal flux unless you're kiting - which is pretty awkward on archon anyways, plus it's really advisable to let mobs get close to you so you could hit them with arcane blast for added damage.

the best passive would be like ,

-glass cannon - crit mass ( most likely the mandatory in the build)
-galvanizing ward or cold blood
-blur
-unstable anomaly
-the last would be temporal flux
Reply Quote
08/30/2013 08:31 PMPosted by TyroneBiggum
Anyways I personally think that temporal flux adds good survivability especially for frogs and cows since u can pretty much side step the charge due to the massive slow.

You can still sidestep the charges without flux. Also, most trash mobs should be killed before they reach you anyway, with a few exceptions, like trees, beasts, or if you're really pushing your efficiency limits with high MP. I run MP9 with my current gear and I usually kill all those "frog" things before they reach me. If one or two gets through I just run to the next group. Sometimes I can kill the beasts before they charge. Otherwise, it's pretty clear when they're about to charge so I rarely get hit by it.

Personally I don't see the need for the potential gain to survivability because I like running with high LS. If you can survive when elites hit you in general, then a slow which only delays how long it takes for elites to reach you isn't all that useful when you could instead use a skill that raises effective dps (cold blooded). Otherwise you get more consistent survivability boost from blur, which is effective 100% of the time, whereas Temporal flux is only effective when mobs haven't reached you yet.
Reply Quote
@Anelyn isn't high MP farming more efficient due to the monster density changes? I don't think i know anyone that can 1 shot whites mp 9 or 10.

p.s. thanks for everyones input

Well depends on your gear I guess :) I can instant melt most of MP6 trash mobs (which is the highest I'm comfortable with my gear), that doesn't mean in a group I couldn't tag MP7-8 and still do good (added CC from monk & CM/WW wiz, and an extra dps, with shared archon kills is all good).

If you had a passive or built in skill on Archon beam to do more damage to slowed targets or if you focus the beam longer on same target (similar to ray of frost), then yeah it would be a really nice passive in TF.

I remember I was using TF a lot when was playing orb, as kitting there was a core mechanic of the spec, so having an AoE snare was really good :D
Reply Quote
Wind force w/ greater than 50% total knock back plus cold damage ring/ammy >buriza and TF. ;D
Reply Quote
the best passive would be like ,

-glass cannon - crit mass ( most likely the mandatory in the build)
-galvanizing ward or cold blood
-blur
-unstable anomaly
-the last would be temporal flux

I would sneak evo in there in between blur and UA, otherwise I totally agree. TF is crap.
Reply Quote
08/31/2013 09:30 AMPosted by Moridin
Wind force w/ greater than 50% total knock back plus cold damage ring/ammy >buriza and TF. ;D

My archon's Scoundrel had a Windforce for a long time, and it was great, but the Buriza with max pierce allowed mobs in back to be chilled, too, so I could get much more benefit from Cold Blooded.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]