Diablo® III

How should i improve my wizard

Hi everyone,

Would like to seek each of your advice and expertise regarding the purchasing of gear. What item should i purchase (without being too expensive lol) to upgrade character? Currently i am on 2 build and i have 2 sets of gear. one is for tank build (CM build) with my helm (Stormcrow) and source (same as the one i am using now but reduce dmg).

I am trying to have an achon build with high dps. Pls enlighten me.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Destroyer-6646/hero/22450572
Reply Quote
For a CM build, you have low attack speed. You are at 2.157 APS. That should be at least 2.51 or 2.73 (to be more effective). Your all resistance (AR) is a bit low, but that's probably why you are using Prismatic Armor. Improving your APS and AR will allow you to switch Prismatic Armor to Shocking Aspect and Frost Nova (Cold Snap) to Bone Chill or Deep Freeze. You will be doing more DPS at that point.

If you want to switch to Archon, watch Jaetch's video. EVERYTHING you need to know will be answered in his comprehensive 1.5hr tutorial. He also has a cute wizard helper in it!
Reply Quote
The sky is the limits for a 'high dps' archon build. You probably need to set some targets first, from my experience, the cost is exponential if you wanna push it above 250K DPS with decent mitigation. And yea, Jaetch's video will be best.
Reply Quote
You're plvl 60 and you wouldn't know....? You want to buy a sword?
Reply Quote
Hi all

Thanks for the advice...Will do. Well from my current build if I need to do upgrade how much gold is necessary as I do not have much gold lol...attk speed item is incredibly expensive. Any idea which specific item should I buy to upgrade?
Reply Quote
You are still at 2.157APS. If you don't want to fix that up and increase it to 2.51APS, I really recommend switching to an Archon build. It'll be way more effective for you.

If you do that, the only thing you'll really need to change is your source to Triumvirate (look for high Int/Vit) and change your weapon to a rare with CD, socket and LS. It'll be easier than changing everything else to have IAS at this point.

Watch Jaetch's Archon tutorial: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9793089550

You will do much better with that than your current build.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]