Diablo® III

AH Prices

I haven't played Diablo 3 in 5 months and when I checked the AH everything costs billions of gold. What the heck happened that everyone has billions of gold now?
Reply Quote
08/27/2013 09:54 AMPosted by Skillol
everything costs billions of gold

Nope.

If you want anything good, yes.
Reply Quote
well anything that upgr

08/27/2013 10:11 AMPosted by Crizaig

Nope.

well any gear that is an upgrade for you is not going to be valued billions unless you looking for end game gear now.
Reply Quote

Nope.

Pretty much.

Economy is massively inflated.
Reply Quote

@Crizaig You should be able to upgrade ALL of your characters for only a few million. Likely less than that. The very best items do cost a lot, but just because you cannot afford the best of the best, does not mean there are not upgrades to be found for very cheap.
Reply Quote
I have 16 million gold. That isn't enough to get a decent upgrade.
Reply Quote
08/27/2013 10:17 AMPosted by Crizaig

Then you are Diabloing wrong my friend.
Reply Quote

Nope.

that depends on your definition of good. you are looking at gear at the power level of 99.999% of what the entire player base finds and you think thats the "average" gear around and thus thats why you have that notion in the first place.

a 15m-100m barb can do mp10 already. you do not need billions of gear. if you want to show off epeen, thats where you need billions of gear

in fact, prices are falling.

eg: a 1000 dps chantodo's will was 120m at the start of patch 1.04, this was what i used when i was 140k dps, when i resold it, it was only salable for 2m. my current wand that was an upgrade was only 50m, now its probably worthless

I've been also looking at 1150 dps os chantodo's wand and its been falling for >3b dropping to like 1.5b or less.
even 1170dps chantodo's os are dropping from the rmah into the gah now.

as soon as ros out, all these "godly gear" will all drop to sub 50m , if not worthless
Edited by chrisloup#6305 on 8/27/2013 10:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
4 letters. RMAH.

People get something good, but its not worth selling on the RMAH, so they throw it for obscene prices on the Normal AH. They then spam chat saying its supply and demand, when in reality its forced purchase.

They then use the gold ( if theyre lucky to sell) over on the normal AH and get some real cash from it,.

Then you have the gold farmers and the peopel selling these items for millions, selling the farmers the gold. Gold farmer throws some silly item up on the AH for 500 mill, and the person selling the gold to the farmer buys it.
Reply Quote

Nope.

You want to go from vendor trash gear (what you're wearing atm) to really good gear.

Doesn't work that way, sorry bro.

Like I said in the OP, I haven't played in about 5 months. I am just not used to prices being so ridiculous.

Obviously, I will have to get busy doing some farming but I was just surprised at the prices on items now. I figured since I had been gone for a long time, I might be able to score sick items for cheaper.
Reply Quote

Nope.

You want to go from vendor trash gear (what you're wearing atm) to really good gear.

Doesn't work that way, sorry bro.

Like I said in the OP, I haven't played in about 5 months. I am just not used to prices being so ridiculous.

Obviously, I will have to get busy doing some farming but I was just surprised at the prices on items now. I figured since I had been gone for a long time, I might be able to score sick items for cheaper.

You can gaer a mp5 barb fpr 5 mil right now. I have no idea what you think you need, but it's obviously very strange.

Sword and Board is pre 1.04, read a guide man!
Reply Quote

You can gaer a mp5 barb fpr 5 mil right now. I have no idea what you think you need, but it's obviously very strange.

Obviously, I was looking at the best gear on the AH.

Sorry, I would rather not conform to the cookie cutter build everyone else uses.

I may not have as much DPS but at least I won't be the same as everyone else in the game.
Reply Quote
08/27/2013 10:19 AMPosted by Shiven

Then you are Diabloing wrong my friend.

That's not even Diablo-ing in the first place.
Reply Quote
08/27/2013 10:17 AMPosted by Crizaig

You can easily craft new shoulders, amulet, bracers, etc. I'm sure you can get better pieces, like rings for that price.
Reply Quote
Well he did say he has been gone 5 months eraser.

Basically since you left there was a gold dupe when a patch was released. If you search google u can get the skinny on that. It basically lowered the actual gold value vs. a dollar. Also in the patch the lowered the cost of gold in rmah. So 2 bil from back then is prob worth 3-4 bil now.

However with the xpac announcement lots of gear plummeted in price. After a week or so, what I have found is that top end and midrange gg has fallen a lot, while low end gear has actually come up a bit. One opinion is that people are dumping top end gear for low end gear so they can still exp farm but get back some of their investment. Also, exp farming is most important now, not item drops. Therefore a leorics signet that was once worth 15 mil ie now worth 70.

Supply and demand. Gotta love it
Reply Quote

Obviously, I was looking at the best gear on the AH.

Sorry, I would rather not conform to the cookie cutter build everyone else uses.

I may not have as much DPS but at least I won't be the same as everyone else in the game.

1. You want "top gear"
2. You don't want to play common good working builts
3. complain about it

Really?
Reply Quote
08/27/2013 09:52 AMPosted by Crizaig
What the heck happened

Bots and a massive AH gold dupe happened.
Reply Quote
I've been jumping thread to thread reading a lot of these conversations - and I can't seem but notice that on everyone this tool of a troll Skillol is posting worthless, uninformative comments.

It's annoying trying to get good information from these forums with clowns like this guy.

Just thought I'd call you out on your maggot of an attitude you portray on these forums.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]