Diablo® III

Deckard Cain was the last living Horadrim

wholly different breed

i see what you did there
Edited by Axvandal#1933 on 9/13/2013 11:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
[quote="99470895269"][quote]Now there are other dimensions that angels and demons created with the Worldstone, certainly. They're not really the sorts of places you'd want to go on vacation, though. Most of them are rather sad, empty places, and they are still the realms of the angelic or demonic faction that created that particular dimension.

Sanctuary and all of those other worlds are part of Pandemonium, right? Pandemonium is sort of the "universe" of the Diabloverse, the exploded remains of the pearl in which Anu and Tathamet battled for the eternities before the birth of the world. Contained within it are the High Heavens (which grew around Anu's spine, as the Crystal Arch), the Burning Hells (which grew out of the seven rotting heads of Tathamet the Dragon), the Worldstone (before it was destroyed), Sanctuary (refuge of disenfranchised angels and demons, before they were destroyed, and the home of the nephalem), and the crumbling husks of all of the worlds created by the demonic hordes and angelic host through their eons of alternating possession of the Worldstone. Presumably, there is also some outside place beyond Pandemonium, to which Inarius exiled Lilith.

I've always pictured Pandemonium as a dimensionless, infinite wasteland, dotted with colossal, world-sized habitats that are the realms of existence we know. But, when I read the Sin War trilogy, I envisioned Mendeln as visiting Pandemonium to converse with Rathma and Trag'Oul, and the endless waste bathed in eternal twilight was always the picture I got in my brain.
Reply Quote
09/11/2013 08:26 PMPosted by Wesker
Ok so who are they? And don't say some random angels hanging out with half of the council sitting around the black soulstone... how else would malthael know where the soulstone is? He came back just in time to see where it would go.. and its all speculation anyways, so try not to ruin the fun

Why can't they be random angels? The High Heavens isn't only inhabited by the Angiris Council. In fact, the vast, vast majority of Angels are not arch-angels. So they probably are just regular angels.

As for how Malthael knew where the Black Soulstone was, we don't know yet. We'll most likely find that out with the release of RoS.

Could be are awesome Friend Hadriel :P
Reply Quote
69 Gnome Warlock
08/28/2013 09:55 PMPosted by Alexandros
What you should keep in mind when you find yourself getting overly irritated about the story, is that Chris Metzen is the man behind the story in all three games. You could argue that the story in Diablo III was less dark and brooding than the previous games, or that the presentation wasn't as good, but it was still the same guy writing it.

There comes a point in everyone's career where they're no longer as good at what they do as they used to be. This happens to writers and artists more frequently than others because they're always trying to chase and out do past successes, which usually winds up with them jumping the shark.

Chris Metzen passed that point back in 2008.
Reply Quote
09/11/2013 07:11 PMPosted by LuckyTuck
he should have hid it in whimsyshire no one ever goes there

I went to Whimsyshire once. It was awful.
Reply Quote

I thought I remembered this from playing Diablo 2, but apparently I remembered wrong.

But no matter what I remembered, there is nothing in either D1 or D2 that precludes the dark wanderer from being Aidan.

Sort of like how there's nothing in The Hobbit that precludes the ring from being "evil" in Lord of the Rings.

Well, nobody in Tristram recognizes you, and the warrior (Aidan) doesn't know who Albrecht(now his brother) or anybody else is.

It's a small plot hole, and isn't a huge deal that it's changed.

This stands the test of all three games, as even if you are a wizard or rogue in the first game, it is still a warrior that takes the soulstone into themselves.

Blood Raven is the Rogue from D1, The summoner is the Wizard from D1, Aidan/The dark Wanderer is the warrior from D1.

Tyrael on the other hand single handedly ruined the game for me.

I can deal with the obvious lord of lies(I, the worthless kid who tried to kill you(jk by the way) can talk to you from afar because I stole a seerstone, not because I'm a demon lord or anything. Herp de Derp),

The tactician who tells you all his plans BEFORE they've already succeeded, allowing you to thwart them all.

I can even deal with the obvious "twist" where Adria betrays you(The Player character warns Leah not to trust her right before you go to "rescue" Adria) and makes ultra prime evil Diablo, killing Leah.

Hell, I can even deal with TEEEEEEERRRRRR----OOOOOOOOOAAAAAAARRRRRRR.

I can deal with all of this minor stupidity...But making Tyrael a human...That stupidity I just can't deal with.
I believe when you play as a warrior and talk to some one in town the first line in diablo 1 is "Thank goodness you have returned"
Reply Quote
The inkeeper says "Thank goodness you have returned, much has changed since you lived here my friend"
Reply Quote
Sorry if this is answered in the internet, but too lazy to search, but may i know, destroying the worldstone basically, no affect to the sanctuary? people still live happily ever after?
Reply Quote
08/27/2013 06:10 PMPosted by Ryaskybird
Actually, it was D2 that revealed that the dark wanderer was Aidan, elder brother of Albrecht.

it was d3 that did that - the dark wanderer was a nameless bloke in d2. d2 just said the guy who killed d in d1 was corrupted by the soulstone.
Reply Quote
09/23/2013 12:10 AMPosted by EthanTan
Sorry if this is answered in the internet, but too lazy to search, but may i know, destroying the worldstone basically, no affect to the sanctuary? people still live happily ever after?

As I understand it, the Worldstone basically kept "average Joes" (or whatever an average Joe would be called in Sanctuary) from being as powerful as the original Nephalem. It was basically a...dampening field, if you will. With the Worldstone gone, it allows for a new generation of Nephalem - the kind of people who can stand alone before a big, loud siege from the depths of Hell itself and go "ha ha, DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!!!!" and wipe out legions of hellspawn, and make it look easy.
Reply Quote
09/23/2013 01:07 AMPosted by Joshmaul

As I understand it, the Worldstone basically kept "average Joes" (or whatever an average Joe would be called in Sanctuary) from being as powerful as the original Nephalem. It was basically a...dampening field, if you will. With the Worldstone gone, it allows for a new generation of Nephalem - the kind of people who can stand alone before a big, loud siege from the depths of Hell itself and go "ha ha, DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!!!!" and wipe out legions of hellspawn, and make it look easy.

MAke sense thou... lol
Thank
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]