Diablo® III

Deckard Cain was the last living Horadrim

The Flawed Stone
Available at the start of the Quest: The Siege of Bastion's Keep (Act III)
Unlocked after Kulle's Black Soulstone

Tyrael: The Black Soulstone was created to be an improvement over the original three. They were crafted to contain single demons, but Kulle intended his to hold many.

But the Black Soulstone is flawed and cannot contain that many demons for long. We must capture Azmodan within it and shatter it... lest all these Evils be reborn.

Don't know if it was brought up before, but how did Tyrael go from 'we must shatter it' to 'we must lock it away in a vault'?

Good question. It seems like an oversight on the part of the writers.

Adria claimed that she knew how to shatter in in such a way as to destroy (or banish, or whatever) the evils contained within. Tyrael had no reason to doubt her up to that point.
Reply Quote

Good question. It seems like an oversight on the part of the writers.

Adria claimed that she knew how to shatter in in such a way as to destroy (or banish, or whatever) the evils contained within. Tyrael had no reason to doubt her up to that point.

Right, that's reasonable. If the lore is to remain consistent, one has to conclude that Adria was lying to Tyrael. Otherwise, his about-face doesn't make sense.
Reply Quote

Right, that's reasonable. If the lore is to remain consistent, one has to conclude that Adria was lying to Tyrael. Otherwise, his about-face doesn't make sense.

She had no reason to actually need such an ability anyway. Her goal was the soulstone with the souls in it, which means even the possibility of smashing it was bad.
Reply Quote

She had no reason to actually need such an ability anyway. Her goal was the soulstone with the souls in it, which means even the possibility of smashing it was bad.

Well, to be fair, just because you don't need to do something doesn't mean you don't have the ability to do it.
Reply Quote

Well, to be fair, just because you don't need to do something doesn't mean you don't have the ability to do it.

Right, but im not saying she couldn't, just that she didn't need to. She could probably have shattered the souldstone if she really wanted to. But the effects of doing so would likely be unpredictable.
Reply Quote

Right, but im not saying she couldn't, just that she didn't need to. She could probably have shattered the souldstone if she really wanted to. But the effects of doing so would likely be unpredictable.

That's what Vaeflare said (basically that since the Black Soulstone is different from regular ones in that it's a man made construct, shattering it may be catastrophic). The very worst that could happen is that all of the 7 evils would be released at once. That risk is too great to shatter it.
Reply Quote

That's what Vaeflare said (basically that since the Black Soulstone is different from regular ones in that it's a man made construct, shattering it may be catastrophic). The very worst that could happen is that all of the 7 evils would be released at once. That risk is too great to shatter it.

Pfft. The worst that could happen is the gathered magical energies could destroy sanctuary. Come on, at least be a little creative in your doomsday.
Reply Quote

Pfft. The worst that could happen is the gathered magical energies could destroy sanctuary. Come on, at least be a little creative in your doomsday.

How about...the gathered magical energies would be so great upon destroying the Black Soulstone that a black hole would be created, sucking in Sanctuary, The High Heavens, and the Burning Hells into it - erasing all of existence. :D
Reply Quote

How about...the gathered magical energies would be so great upon destroying the Black Soulstone that a black hole would be created, sucking in Sanctuary, The High Heavens, and the Burning Hells into it - erasing all of existence. :D

There you go!
Reply Quote
there are worse things to complain about in the story then a "new" horadrim order.

For example, why Diablo has not killed Tyrael at the end of act 3.
Reply Quote
"But hey who cares about the story, let's just retcon a few more things like we did with Aidan and his brother, oh and bring old names like we did with Skeleton King and The Butcher, let's do that to our new expansion and enforce even more nostalgia. That totally worked with D3, let's do this again."

The statement about Aidan is true. In D 1 you kill Aiden and then the hero becomes the next diablo. In 2 they said that it was the hero from D1 was diablo. In D3 they said that in D2 it was Aiden still that was diablo which makes no sense. SO yea the Lore about that situation is not cleared up in any book, if someone has proof to the contrary I'd like to see it.
Reply Quote
"But hey who cares about the story, let's just retcon a few more things like we did with Aidan and his brother, oh and bring old names like we did with Skeleton King and The Butcher, let's do that to our new expansion and enforce even more nostalgia. That totally worked with D3, let's do this again."

The statement about Aidan is true. In D 1 you kill Aiden and then the hero becomes the next diablo. In 2 they said that it was the hero from D1 was diablo. In D3 they said that in D2 it was Aiden still that was diablo which makes no sense. SO yea the Lore about that situation is not cleared up in any book, if someone has proof to the contrary I'd like to see it.

The "vessel" in D1 was Albrecht.
Reply Quote
I'm pretty sure I killed Diablo in Diablo 1, 2 and 3 hmmm... o_O
Reply Quote

Was it? Source?
Reply Quote
09/11/2013 03:03 PMPosted by Vaeflare
So the Black Soulstone was stolen from Heaven? And Tyrael lost it almost instantly. Oh Tyrael, Imperius will devastate you this time :D
Well Tyrael didn't have a good option for the Black Soulstone. Since it's a man-made construct, he didn't know if he could destroy it, so he opted to hide it somewhere far away from both angels and demons.

Unfortunately, it didn't stay hidden for long.

How could Tyrael not destroy a man-made construct? Angels are far higher in power than man. Should have been easy.
Reply Quote

Was it? Source?

Here you go, you lazy c*nt.

http://diablo.gamepedia.com/Albrecht

Now, it's time for me to be lazy. Show me YOUR source.
Reply Quote

Was it? Source?

Pretty rude response, maybe I would if you learned how to talk to adults. So childish to have to curse too, haha.
Edited by Derek#1467 on 9/12/2013 10:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
who stole the troll!?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkWKwRuDRes
Reply Quote

Pretty rude response, maybe I would if you learned how to talk to adults. So childish to have to curse too, haha.

Wow. That's your "damage control"? Sad.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]