Diablo® III

Maghda/SK Mp10: What am I doing wrong?

Am I geared enough for it? Is my skills right? I can't seem to keep SK from doing his walk-swing animation, and it's frustrating because that's the only thing that's killing me.

Am I doing it wrong, should I just back off instead when he does that? I'm at 2.77 aps already so I can imagine why he's not permafrozen...
Reply Quote
use force armor, you'd never die in there XD

yes your ehp is low
Reply Quote
You can switch from Bone Chill to Cold Snap to improve your freeze strength. Another factor is your ping time -- if you're over 100ms you're going to have SK break free a couple times. Bubble will help you (you're running it). Switching to an IAS wand for 3.01aps breakpoint for that fight will help too.

In terms of tanking SK's walk on MP10, you've obviously noticed you're not there yet. You need 4k+ armor 800+ allres and ~60k hp or so to be comfortable there.
Reply Quote
The SK walk breaks crowd control so it's nearly impossible to keep him from doing it. The general strategy is to get the heck out until he stops. Otherwise you need a very high EHP to survive it since it hits quite hard. I'm no expert in the matter but I'd say something like 500k EHP or higher to comfortable survive. I've only ran MP10 ubers with 350k EHP or less so I always just ran away for a couple seconds.

Force Armor can help, but instead of getting 2 shot it means you get 3 shot with low EHP. Also, if EHP is too low, you can still get 1 shot through force armor since it only absorbs as much damage as your max HP.
Reply Quote
I've only seen a perma-freeze on SK with 3 CMs on him. He didn't move at all once we got on top him.
Reply Quote
Thanks so much for the tips guys. I thought 2.77 was all I needed to hit, but it looks like I need 3.01 to work it because I have a ping of around 200ms.

just saw my ehp on d3up. Woah! I need help. lol

So what mp would you say my wiz is ready for?
Edited by Grayle#1708 on 8/27/2013 11:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/27/2013 11:10 PMPosted by Grayle
Thanks so much for the tips guys. I thought 2.77 was all I needed to hit, but it looks like I need 3.01 to work it because I have a ping of around 200ms.

2.77 might be sufficient for SB+Kulle, but that depends on your latency. Keeping kulle from teleporting is the primary measure of CMWW performance against Ubers, so if you can do that with your setup you should be fine for the most part.

I think it's widely acceptable to have SK walk on occasion.
Reply Quote
I posted a video a while ago (107 patch for 2.73 bp with bonechill to perma lock SK)

The skills are different than the common stacking strategy. Basically you need to leave a small space between magdha and SK so that your ww hits both ubers.

That is the only way to keep SK from walking at 2.73bp. If you stack bosses next to each other, even at 3.01 bp, sometimes SK still break loose.

Hope that helps. The video link is here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUcjeddOnbc
Reply Quote
Also with that said, you still need good EHP to tank magdha's arcane beams. Otherwise, you have to move around to dodge the beam and SK will break loose.
Reply Quote
Above everything else....u just need a little practice.

Sounds cliche, but u have to live and breathe your wizard to know exactly what he can or cant take. For example - if Mag spits flies, puts down arcane, and SK does his WW attack at the same time, I know exactly when to hit the heal button or refresh diamond skin.

I've played with many wizards who had better gear than me but couldnt do an uber fight for peanuts.
Reply Quote
During the ASAW competition, we kept him from walking, but that was with pretty much all of us freezing. To me it is right up there with Kulle/Seigebreaker as far as difficulty. If SK breaks free, and Maghda lays down a few beams and starts with the butterflies, it's tough to take it all. Same with keeping Kulle locked down. The lock is very latency dependent, and if you are at 200, yeah you will lose them from time to time, probably at 3.01 as well.
Reply Quote
gents , when u will figure out that not only ias keeps em frozen . its also about ur cc .
I suggest to use pinpoint instead of force armor.
Reply Quote
gents , when u will figure out that not only ias keeps em frozen . its also about ur cc .
I suggest to use pinpoint instead of force armor.

except we all use SA, no one uses EA
Reply Quote
Blur reduces his walk damage, if he's already walking when you're using Evocation, you might as well take Blur.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8197743131#1 void enjoy
Reply Quote
08/28/2013 06:35 AMPosted by hrenya

i also happen to have 61cc :)
Reply Quote
08/28/2013 06:35 AMPosted by hrenya

and i also enjoy trolling guys who come up with 1500>1200 and sa is based on weap dmg so ruby>emerald =)
Reply Quote
maybe u should try and see difference ?
Reply Quote
08/28/2013 06:44 AMPosted by hrenya

i do have the ruby on, because its more sheet damage for me. its also very different for every wizard, depending the stats that make up their dps, is it more avgdmg-elemental dmg based or cc/cd based. The emerald is better for the high cc type, while the ruby is better for those who have sufficient cd and have some elemental based dmg. But arguing that 1500>1200 so ruby is better then emerald is...childish. remember that your SA crits, too
Reply Quote
08/28/2013 06:47 AMPosted by Void

i do have the ruby on, because its more sheet damage for me. its also very different for every wizard, depending the stats that make up their dps, is it more avgdmg-elemental dmg based or cc/cd based. The emerald is better for the high cc type, while the ruby is better for those who have sufficient cd and have some elemental based dmg. But arguing that 1500>1200 so ruby is better then emerald is...childish. remember that your SA crits, too

Agree.

Almost every skill dmg is based on weapon dmg (DPH), the difference stays in that some skills are not scaled with your attack speed, some are.

For example, barb's rend do scale with attack speed, so high DPH is significantly better. Another example will be DH's spike trap/echoing blast, which has fixed interval. Also all the pet dmg are DPH dependent, since they can't crit.

However, SA's case is different. SA for one can crit so emerald do increase SA's dmg whenever it crits. In addition, SA's proc greatly depends on your crit chance and attack speed. When I say attack speed, it is indirect, basically attack speed determines how often your ww hits a target and that number procs SA. Also, for cm wiz at least for most of the chantodo cm wiz, they don't have much element dmg bonus on (zuni boots for the zuni set, and maybe some using tal amulet and storm crow, so it is quite rare that ruby on the chant wand will out eDPS or out DPS emerald. It is definitely possible. Pretty much the requirement is that your chant wand has high ED prefereable 50% ED, you are a storm crow user, with tal amulet and zuni boots.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]