Diablo® III

The mystic may reroll current stats to 70

MVP
View profile
I posted this in the Reaper of Souls subforum, but since I make my home here, I'll share here as well.

Anyway, I was browsing through Twitter when I saw this tweet from Lylirra:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Lylirra/status/372755903172587520?screen_name=Lylirra

Basically, it seems the mystic can reroll a property on your current gear to your character's level. Meaning, if your character is at level 70, y̶o̶u̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶p̶o̶t̶e̶n̶t̶i̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶r̶e̶r̶o̶l̶l̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶i̶l̶v̶l̶ ̶6̶3̶ ̶w̶e̶a̶p̶o̶n̶ ̶D̶P̶S̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶i̶l̶v̶l̶ ̶7̶0̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶n̶d̶a̶r̶d̶s̶ you can potentially reroll your ilvl 62 ring's intelligence to ilvl 70 standards.

Update: asked Lylirra about rerolling weapon DPS; it's still unknown if we can do that.

Again, as always, things are subject to change. But this is a promising sign for players worried about their gear becoming totally worthless come loot 2.0.
Twitter: @Jaetch
Edited by Jaetch#1861 on 8/29/2013 7:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Except that the base DPS would remain at the ilvl 63 value. Only modifiers would be able to be upgraded. It would still make the item a lot stronger than a 63, but not quite as strong as comparable ilvl 70. At least that is how it seems.
Reply Quote
yeah, so we still need to farm to get a high end gear - but that's not bad at all since our existing gears will still be needed halfway
Reply Quote
08/29/2013 12:11 AMPosted by Enremeit
Except that the base DPS would remain at the ilvl 63 value. Only modifiers would be able to be upgraded. It would still make the item a lot stronger than a 63, but not quite as strong as comparable ilvl 70. At least that is how it seems.

Have you calculated the base on those lvl70 weapons? They're pathetic and best, it's almost entirely elemental affix damage. Base goes up by like 50? something pathetic..not too much of a concern.
Reply Quote
View profile
BUT

That is some darn good info!
Reply Quote
View profile
Sounds like that will be helpful, you're not just going to find an upgrade for every piece on day 1 so it will at least help you get through act 5. Plus, turning on MP might make act 5 damn near impossible in current gear (at least until you hit 70), assuming that doing so sets all the mobs to max mlvl like it does now. First playthrough might have to be on MP0!!
Reply Quote
yeah even thought th eitem might not be dps or armor wise at the 70 lvl - having such beefed up stats would make grinding fantastic in my opinion on lower levels - i'm actually rather excited about this development - i would love a 500int roll on my tal chest ;)
Reply Quote
if ever blizzard would adjust/improve ilvl 60-63, would this alter our current gears like how they nerfed attack speed back then?
Reply Quote
Something I have been curious about with the rerolling: how many attempts do we get? Is it a one shot deal? Also, the items that are missing a roll(or two), can a no roll get a reroll?

If this has been talked about I may have missed it, so sorry if I am asking about something that has been covered. I have a couple swords that have good black Dmg, weapon Dmg, LS, CD and that's it, so I know they are missing at least one roll, which obviously would need to be a socket.
Reply Quote
This is very very interesting.

A few nights ago on mumble, we discussed reduced amounts of Crit %, Crit Damage, due to extreme scaling with main stats and average damage. And example was the 7.5%CC DML.

If that's the case, pre 2.0 items that have rolls over the 2.0 max affix amounts will be worth a whole crap ton.

But I see Blizzard countering this somehow. I'm pretty sure they won't want people thinking pre-2.0 loot with "legacy" affixes that rolled past 2.0 affix limits are BiS.
Reply Quote
08/29/2013 01:13 AMPosted by MasterJay

Have you calculated the base on those lvl70 weapons? They're pathetic and best, it's almost entirely elemental affix damage. Base goes up by like 50? something pathetic..not too much of a concern.
I gave this a quick whirl, using 1H axes as an example. Here's a link to google spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjNg7HBJ3TyndFVyVTZaSTVaUVZmTC1BaWJjZ1hTZUE&usp=sharing

It looks like the DPS (min/max) gain with each ilvl is relatively predictable at about 29% more base damage. When I extrapolate these increases based on average ilvl of the items, lvl70 items should have ~56% more base DPS than their ilvl63 counterparts.

The potential problems with this analysis:
-I only used axes.. it may be different across other items
-They can change the dmg increases. If there's gonna be a 3K DPS weapon, it points to mobs with very high HP. To counteract this, ilvl63-ilvl70 weapons may have much larger damage ranges
-On average, there's a new base item every 2.7 levels. However, there are 4 items from 59-63. Nothing prevents them from adding 65,68,70,71,72,73
Reply Quote
View profile
08/29/2013 06:49 AMPosted by Ragnar
ilvl63-ilvl70 weapons may have much larger damage ranges

I think it falls into the both main loot 2.0 philosophies that Josh Mosquira described in the press event (fewer items with better stats and farming will be the best way to get items) that items will have smaller damage ranges than they do now. You aren't going to find that serpent seeker (or whatever it is called) with 900 DPS from a mlvl 70+ mob.

Unless I misunderstood and you are saying a bigger range between a weapons min and max damage value, but we don't really care about that anyway, just the average.
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
I just asked Lylirra. Whether or not players can specifically reroll a weapon's base DPS is still unknown. That info will be out in the future.
Reply Quote
Basically, it seems the mystic can reroll a property on your current gear to your character's level. Meaning, if your character is at level 70, you can potentially reroll your ilvl 62 ring's intelligence to ilvl 70 standards.

That is HUUUUUGE.

Since I'm guessing that Blizz will nerf max CC/CD/IAS rolls on lvl 70 gear, that would make gear with those rolls near max become very valuable.

Might be a wash on things like mempo, or witching hours because all resist will likely need to be scaled as well and you can only reroll one stat, but trifecta gloves/rings/ammies without def stats on them would preserve the high dps rolls while updating the primary stat rolls to the insane lvl70 values.
Reply Quote
Without further details, this doesn't make sense to me.

For example, you can get a level 1 ring, and reroll all affixes to level 70.

Also, if stats like CC and CD are indeed nerfed, they must have to balance old items rerolling vs new items.
Reply Quote
I just asked Lylirra. Whether or not players can specifically reroll a weapon's base DPS is still unknown. That info will be out in the future.

Ask her about source avg dmg rerolls.

If they change how elemental dmg bonus works in new items, would we be able to reroll our old triums and just take the loss on int for all the +% dmg.

If so, will there be a market-run on low avg dmg triums with good int/vit/%elemental dmg stats?
Same goes for chantodo's force, if we can reroll avg dmg on them once we hit 70, should we stock up on the cheap ones?

Why must I be at work when this info gets released?

EVERY low dmg source would have the possibility to be rerolled a second time at lvl 70!
Edited by BDF#1838 on 8/29/2013 8:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
No more answers for now until they're made available. Sorry! This was just a public service announcement to get everyone all sweaty and hyperventilating.
Reply Quote

Meh I don't think they should do that..then what's the point in finding lvl 70 weapons?
Reply Quote
08/29/2013 09:01 AMPosted by MasterJay
Meh I don't think they should do that..then what's the point in finding lvl 70 weapons?

Way more int/vit/LoH, and being able to use your reroll on a stat other than avg dmg.
Edited by BDF#1838 on 8/29/2013 9:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
08/29/2013 09:01 AMPosted by MasterJay

This is what I'm hoping will happen:

You can use the mystic to reroll any property on your weapon, including base damage. And like mentioned, the rerolled property can scale to 70, or whatever level your character is. The cost of rerolling can be high (gold-wise, materials, etc.), maybe it can be limited to a certain number enchants per 24 hours, who knows. Now by going through the process of rerolling, you'd inevitably have to farm. While farming, you can potentially find a better item. You may end up just replacing the item you're planning on enchanting and use the new one. Or you can go to the mystic to reroll stats. It gives you options and things to do.

The game is about grinding; whether it's grinding to loot a perfect item, grinding to craft a perfect item, or grinding to enchant a perfect item.
Edited by Jaetch#1861 on 8/29/2013 9:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]