Diablo® III

Ok i'm in need of major help

Ok I've tried and tried. I think I just don't understand gear and what i''m doing wrong, take a look at me. I could be 3 times better im sure.

Should I just start from scratch and get all new gear?

Is there anyone who can help. What can I do for 500mil. I'd love to rip into mp10 but right now the best I can do is mp6

Thanks in advance.
Reply Quote
Hi, I'm in no way an uber-geared barb. I am, however, a barb that has managed to progress without ever having more than 35M in the bank. I've never seen 500M (lulz). I have also never used the RMAH (sorely tempted though but naaah). The gear I have on now allows me to do MP8 comfortably. With 500MIL you should have enough to get geared for MP10.

Here are some tips that could help:

1. Get more vitality. This, I suspect is what's giving you trouble. Try to exceed 50K (heck, 60K would be great) life at all times. You need a buffer to allow your life steal to sustain you. EHP is where it's at if you want to survive higher MPs.

2. If you ramp up your crit chance by 8% to 10% more (and get an IAS Skorn) you can switch out cleave for hammer of the ancients. WIth an in-game crit chance of 60% you can more or less keep wrath up 100% of the time provided there are mobs (negating the need for a fury generator - which is meh, and having the ability to hit for 407% damage a pop with smash). Alternatively you can get an axe/mace and pair it with an echoing fury - easier WOTB upkeep and more hits but less damage per hit.
*I've seen a lot of 2H skorn barbs go HOTA-rend. Hella powerful and tanky.

3. You can probably get away with using a 160 vit inna's temperance given that your current pair of pants doesn't have resists anyway. You can get a nifty IAS bonus (crucial for maintaining HOTA and WOTB upkeep) and a 1% bonus to crit.

4. With all that crit chance, you can drop the war cry and go with overpower. With overpower - killing spree and that much crit chance, the crit chance bonus from overpower will be always on, which means you get a flat 10% bonus to crit chance in battle! With a base crit chance of 60% toss in the battle rage bonus and the overpower bonus AND the WOTB crit bonus you are looking at 83% crit at 100% uptime! Given how HOTA works you can just hammer away and watch (and refresh) rend stacks.

5. I think you can spend 250M on a decent crit mempo as well, since you're going all out anyway. WIth that budget you can get all those AND a crit mempo.

Hope these help!
Edited by Uldrich#1514 on 9/2/2013 12:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Hey Shoko, I think uldrich was pointing you in the right direction but I would do things a little bit differently. I am guessing you are getting pretty rage starved due to use of skills like war cry's charge. This is because your CC to APS ratio is off.

Let me try to explain this a little bit better. The more APS you have the quicker you use HOTA and the quicker you drain your rage. This means to counteract your draining rage you need more CC to proc into the fray.

Some gear suggestions I would are:
1. Drop the hell fire ring. You are getting 35% extra xp from it. However you can only farm MP6 when you should be able to with your budget, farm MP10. The xp diffrence from those two MPs is 120% xp. You can replace is with a CC/CD/str/vit or some combo near that, that doesn't have IAS fairly cheap.

2. You will have to do some research with this next one, I suggest using d3rawr.com. See if getting a skorn without lifesteal and replacing brawler with bloodthirst gives you the same survivability. I am thinking that the dmg increase you will get from a non lifesteal skorn will make up for the 2.3% lifesteal.

3. I suggest getting more vit like shoko said.

Skill build suggestions:

After making the changes to your gear to get more CC I think you should drop warcry for overpower-killing spree. You have 6.6k armor which is pretty good IMO. The only reason I can see you using war cry is for the rage. However this is bursty rage and can be dangerous when facing tough elite packs since you rely on lifesteal to stay alive. Overpower will give you more CC and thus a more reliable souce of rage.

Thats all I got for you. It should be noted I have never played a pure HOTA class so everything I just said could be completely false. You are just going to have to use your better judgement on some of the assumptions I made.
Reply Quote
It could be just me since I've been a WW barb since day 1. But I believe Skorn HOTA builds are for more seasoned players as it requires more skill to play it. Dual-wielding 1h weapons make life so much easier since fury management (which is crucial for barbs) is so much easier when you dual-wield.

Right now, I play a WW/HOTA hybrid build which is like having the best of both worlds as I can HOTA elites for faster kills and use WW on trash and to move faster.

I would suggest you switch to dual-wielding for now and get enough attack speed to hit the 2.5 breakpoint.
Reply Quote
It could be just me since I've been a WW barb since day 1. But I believe Skorn HOTA builds are for more seasoned players as it requires more skill to play it. Dual-wielding 1h weapons make life so much easier since fury management (which is crucial for barbs) is so much easier when you dual-wield.

Right now, I play a WW/HOTA hybrid build which is like having the best of both worlds as I can HOTA elites for faster kills and use WW on trash and to move faster.

I would suggest you switch to dual-wielding for now and get enough attack speed to hit the 2.5 breakpoint.

Yeah, managing fury on Skorn HOTA builds is kind of tricky especially if you aren't loaded in terms of attack speed and crit (and if you don't have that HOTA discount SoJ). You need to plan out your course to minimize downtime between mobs (most mobs die in a couple of hits so you better know immediately where you are going next). I've noticed that you can maintain WOTB comfortably provided that you have something like +32% AS (four pieces), an IAS Skorn, and 60%+ crit. With that much crit (plus WOTB, plus overpower, plus battle rage) every hit is more or less a guaranteed crit hit. Toss in a HOTA discount SoJ and you make more fury than you spend.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]