Diablo® III

If you're a fan of Megaman, look inside!

You owe it to yourself to back this project; the spiritual successor to Megaman, Mighty No. 9. They have raised 2.5 million dollars as of September 26 with 5 days to go!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9

Classic Japanese side-scrolling action, evolved and transformed by Keiji Inafune, an all-star team of veteran Mega Man devs...and YOU!

Current Stretch Goals
2.75 million: Beck & Call online co-op challenge mode
2.9 million: Intro Stage/Boss
3.1 million: Support Character
3.3 million: PS4/XBone version
Edited by Ringo#1617 on 9/26/2013 3:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
The campaign is 4 days old and closing in on it's third stretch goal of 1.5 million dollars which will add New Game+ and Turbo mode. After that it's the first "mystery" stretch goal.
Reply Quote
my friend said something of the sort, this is sick.
Reply Quote
09/04/2013 06:22 AMPosted by KradisZ

:)

It's a team of people that have worked on many (maybe all?) Megaman titles over the years, including the legendary Keiji Inafune who has worked on over 30 and was one of the 6 that created the original (he did nearly all of the art and designs for the game).

Donations have slowed down now that the initial hype-wave has passed but they're still making progress. Currently at 1.6 million dollars. They updated the stretch goals with console ports being made at 2.2 million. While I have no interest in a console version (don't own one), it deserves to be released there as that's where Megaman got his start.
Edited by Ringo#1617 on 9/8/2013 9:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
09/05/2013 07:34 AMPosted by Ringo

It's a team of people that have worked on many (maybe all?) Megaman titles over the years, including the legendary Keiji Inafune who has worked on over 30 and was one of the 6 that created the original (he did nearly all of the art and designs for the game).

Donations have slowed down now that the initial hype-wave has passed but they're still making progress. Currently at 1.6 million dollars. They updated the stretch goals with console ports being made at 2.2 million. While I certainly don't want it on consoles, it deserves to be released there as that's where Megaman got his start.

Why wouldn't you want it on consoles? It pretty obviously a Megaman style game IE the controls don't need to be complex to be fun and it will most like work with a gamepad anyways. If it's graphics again it's a megaman style game and judging from the screenshots their not going for maximum graphics anyways.
Reply Quote
Edited my post for clarification.

A console version doesn't interest me as I don't own one.
Reply Quote

Donations have slowed down now that the initial hype-wave has passed but they're still making progress. Currently at 1.6 million dollars. They updated the stretch goals with console ports being made at 2.2 million. While I have no interest in a console version (don't own one), it deserves to be released there as that's where Megaman got his start.

Hmm I'm curious did you ever see the rockman screenshots that got taken down? I thought that version of megaman was pretty slick... though I don't understand why they cut it off halfway through development.....

I mean I have a want for megaman in a certain vision I have in my head in today's time, I hope Breath of Fire comes back too along with onimusha... sigh capcom where did you go with all the awesomes.

edit: the graphics in that kickstarter one are pretty good but I wish they didn't cellshade it and just hi-res'ed the models more to have a certain material shader almost to the point like Odin Sphere or Dragon's Crown(yes yes I know those are 2d sprites but I was hoping more for 3D hi-ressed of it) but what they have there is alright, it just doesn't really scream "omg", like some certain shots in there at different angles without the black hard outline looks GREAT but when it's visible due to the rendering angle it makes it look too cartoony, rather than stylized.
Edited by KradisZ#1651 on 9/9/2013 4:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
What they've shown so far is just concept art, nothing in-game yet (that I know of). We'll just have to wait and see what they go with. I like all the art so far so I'm not too worried about the final look but I agree with your sentiments about Odin Sphere/Dragon's Crown. I loved the art/graphic/animation style they used.
Reply Quote
09/09/2013 08:29 AMPosted by Ringo
What they've shown so far is just concept art, nothing in-game yet (that I know of). We'll just have to wait and see what they go with. I like all the art so far so I'm not too worried about the final look but I agree with your sentiments about Odin Sphere/Dragon's Crown. I loved the art/graphic/animation style they used.

oh so they are concept art hehe i htought they were in-game shots, well with that clarified and the concept beign that highly detailed i suspect that would be their aesthetic vision for the game. still hoping they don't accentuate those black lines heavily.

that's kinda why i didnt' play borderlands2, played BL1 and that was enough of that.
Reply Quote
You're likely correct about their aesthetic vision.

On the subject of black lines and BL2, I'm pretty sure there is an option in the config files that removes the heavy outlines or maybe it was a mod. I can't remember as I've been on a Dark Souls kick for a few weeks now :)

On another note: the kickstarter page was updated with more stretch goals as they will likely hit 2 million in the next day. Updated OP with current goals.
Reply Quote
5 days left on the kickstarter. They've managed to raise 2.5 million dollars. Hoping for another flurry of donations to push them to meet the rest of their stretch goals.

They also added a paypal option which has gotten $36,000 (funds will be added to their stretch goals).

Impressive that they've raised nearly 3 times more than their initial goal.
Reply Quote
As a side note. If your also interested in all things Megaman. Google ....Megaman Unlimited - fan made game that literally looks like Capcom made it. Hard as all hell mind ya.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]