Diablo® III

A new Tank build?

View profile
I found a nice Azurewrath, so I was playing and made this
http://imgur.com/jKRQ7rA

build
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#.kXdYV!ZUc!.bcYbY

What you do here is you "cut" your enemies and let them come to you. Healing is all done by health globe. So be aware a long fight is doing you no good. All of your attacks can be stacked into 1 spot directly in front of you.

Worked pretty well in Act3 where you don't have massive mobs spiting fire or charging at you. Act2 and Act4 you are doomed. But that is just me, If you are wondering what kind of defensive status I have you will be surprised I was able to clean Keep2-3 in MP1.

Have fun.
Edited by KirusAlufras#1739 on 8/27/2013 5:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1. I have never seen (found) or used an Azurewrath, please go into detail on what this weapon is and what it does for your build.

2. This seems more melee than tank. If you have to worry about how long the fight lasts your not tanking. The fact that your fighting melee range without a shield, or stacking damage mitigation is interesting, I would say that this is a new spin on the melee DH. Reminds me of an offensive spear wielding character from D2. (no shield)

3. With paragon 2.0 interesting builds such as this should really take off, being able to compensate or move stats around will be a very big deal for experimentation. Should be lots of interesting stuff all the time after this new system is out.
Reply Quote
With Paragon 2.0 and enough points we might just see naked characters clearing levels on MP1...

anyone else excited?
Reply Quote
View profile
08/27/2013 06:05 PMPosted by sneakytails
With Paragon 2.0 and enough points we might just see naked characters clearing levels on MP1...

Now this is fun. but How you still need a weapon.
Reply Quote
View profile
08/27/2013 06:03 PMPosted by sneakytails
1. I have never seen (found) or used an Azurewrath, please go into detail on what this weapon is and what it does for your build.

The weapon has a high freeze proc which can be applied the Choking Gas, Chain, and each strike. Addition the weapon is a Cold weapon so it proc CtW.

08/27/2013 06:03 PMPosted by sneakytails
2. This seems more melee than tank. If you have to worry about how long the fight lasts your not tanking. The fact that your fighting melee range without a shield, or stacking damage mitigation is interesting, I would say that this is a new spin on the melee DH. Reminds me of an offensive spear wielding character from D2. (no shield)

I did not use a shield because it looks weird, but this is a melee build, but it can be a tanky build once you complete your gear set up. You will still need to stack armor, resistance, and life. The damage that you can output with this set up is pretty high

700/5 = 140%
270/6 = 45%
125/1 = 125%
each strike is 100%
your dps will be
140 +45 +125 +100xdps
with my 17k it is converted to 17x(310) + 17x100 = 69.7 ~= 70k dps and the damage are mostly aoe in a small area.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]