Diablo® III

Why, oh, why?!?

Y u no Vit?!?

http://imgur.com/V7Du9C1

The hell with AR, with dual LS now I could stand to lose some, but I can't afford to drop 2500 HP. Shatterbone 1-shot me today and so did the Uber SK the other day. Any lower and the mad cows in the Fields will start downing me with one charge.

So what do I do now? Wait for the Mystic to fix it? What do we know about her, at any rate (sorry, I still haven't had the time to catch up with reading on the upcoming changes)? Can she work with crafted items? Roll a selected affix, rather than just another random one? Re-roll more than one affix per item? Re-roll more than once, in case we get another sample of RNG's odd sense of humor? Or should I just throw the towel on ammy crafting and start working on Vit gloves, to compensate the loss of HP?

At any rate, I'm getting tired of running for the stupid DEs with nothing to show for it. I think I'm going to roll a Barb, to kill some time until the expansion.
Reply Quote
wow nicee!!! grats!!!!!

can you go swap/buy to high vit inna pants?
Reply Quote
just drop 2.5k HP, you can make it up in other items.
Reply Quote
09/02/2013 09:18 PMPosted by Weegee
can you go swap/buy to high vit inna pants?

I can and I do, indeed, still have my old trustworthy 180 Vit Temperance, but losing those extra 100 Dex from my current pair pretty much negates the 7K DPS gain, which renders the whole process of ammy swapping a moot exercise.

Damn, I'm just very disappointed with my latest craft. It could have been so perfect, if only that Str had rolled as Vit. I'll probably just leave it aside for now and wait to see if the Mystic can do anything about it. Provided that the expansion doesn't bring along a much better selection of amulets, of course.
Reply Quote
ohh I feel for you Laurelynd!!! so close!! just some vit or even life% would've helped
it's a nice trifecta though .. = /
Reply Quote
Deleted
Edited by Unzero#1675 on 9/3/2013 2:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1700 amulet crafts and no trifecta... no sympathy here... It would be pretty easy to pick up that 60 vit somewhere else.
Reply Quote
Shatterbone would never one-shot you if you'd drop one of those generators for Dashing Strike.
Reply Quote
That amulet is Boss.
Reply Quote
dang, I'd find a way to make it work, but like you said, if it means dropping dex to make it up, then its a wash. Better look at some other slots to find a way!
Reply Quote
Deleted
Edited by Unzero#1675 on 9/3/2013 2:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You could make up that vit with an inna's life percentage roll replacing the SW damage, but I don't know the breakdown on damage you'd be losing. You are also gaining attack speed, so that should be taken into account.
Reply Quote
You could make up that vit with an inna's life percentage roll replacing the SW damage, but I don't know the breakdown on damage you'd be losing. You are also gaining attack speed, so that should be taken into account.

Not an option. While I don't have the exact number breakdown for those 10% to SW, I'm coming from a 12% FoT Radiance and let me tell you - once I put the SW one on, stuff started melting so much faster, not to mention the sustain boost (the more damage the Cyclones deal, the more life they leech for you). SW stays on.

dang, I'd find a way to make it work, but like you said, if it means dropping dex to make it up, then its a wash. Better look at some other slots to find a way!

Problem is, I'm more or less at a dead end with my gear. Any upgrade currently on the market costs way more than I can afford, so I'm entirely depending on crafts for future upgrades. I have to work with what I already have and hope that RNG will throw me a bone that fits nicely with the rest of my gear.

09/03/2013 06:51 AMPosted by Vrkhyz
Shatterbone would never one-shot you if you'd drop one of those generators for Dashing Strike.

Nah, Shatterbone is a joke. That dude is so slow, that even without DS I can be 2 screens away by the time he lifts up his mace. I only let him hit me because I was trying to figure out how much punishment I can take in my current setup. I generally don't have any survivability issues - the only things that can still kill me are the ones that can put me down with one strike. With my mitigation and dual LS, If I can outlive a single blow, I'm pretty much certain to regenerate back to full before the next one strikes home. DS will be a waste of skill slot with my play style, as I tend to stand in the middle of the crowd and don't kite at all, except to take few steps to the side, when the elemental mess beneath my feet starts taking the upper hand.

09/03/2013 06:34 AMPosted by vexelite
1700 amulet crafts and no trifecta... no sympathy here... It would be pretty easy to pick up that 60 vit somewhere else.

If it would be any consolation, I'm well past my 1000 amulet count myself and that's the 1st trifecta I ever pulled off. As I tried to outline, I won't be able to outsource those 60 Vit on some other piece of gear, with ease - hence the whining undertone of the thread. Still - don't get me wrong, I'm very happy that I got such a good trifecta, I'm just a bit frustrated that I can't make it work with the rest of my gear.

EDIT: It would appear that my thread title has now become an apostille for the venting out of a wide array of minor disappointments throughout the Monk boards. While I pride myself on any modest trolling contribution I've ever done for our tightly-knit community, here is a gentle reminder for everyone in attendance that petty plagiarism is still very uncool.
Edited by Laurelynd#1459 on 9/3/2013 1:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
If it would be any consolation, I'm well past my 1000 amulet count myself and that's the 1st trifecta I ever pulled off. As I tried to outline, I won't be able to outsource those 60 Vit on some other piece of gear, with ease - hence the whining undertone of the thread. Still - don't get me wrong, I'm very happy that I got such a good trifecta, I'm just a bit frustrated that I can't make it work with the rest of my gear.

I count 5 places on your character that it's easy to pick up another 58 Vit. Three of them are on your chest and two of them are on your pants...
Edited by Demiwraith#1534 on 9/3/2013 1:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I count 5 places on your character that it's easy to pick up another 58 Vit. Three of them are on your chest and two of them are on your pants...

Good counting! Now count how many of these I can afford to replace without losing too much Dex and mitigation and for under 180 mil, because that's all I have to my account name.

I know you mean well, Demi and I can easily see where an extra Vit roll may come in without causing ripple effect throughout the rest of my gear, but as I was trying to imply - I'm trying to work with whatever cards I already have in my hand, as I simply cannot afford new ones. )%
Reply Quote
What about changing your Nats boots to vit ones instead of Cold resist?

It looks like your all res is currently ~730. You can easily lose the 60 Cold res w/o too much grief IMHO.
Reply Quote
Look at my WH belt. It would be perfect for you. Not an offer, just a suggestion. :-P

Seriously though, it wasn't even that expensive, so it should definitely be an option for you.

Edit: I am going blind it seems. I didn't see the vita roll on yours, so not that much help I guess. You could go with stacked dex/vita boots though. That would get you DPS and life, though sacrificing some AR.
Edited by AZsnowstorm#1818 on 9/3/2013 1:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/03/2013 01:15 PMPosted by Laurelynd
Good counting! Now count how many of these I can afford to replace without losing too much Dex and mitigation and for under 180 mil, because that's all I have to my account name.

My point was that using the new amulet AND switching a gem from green to purple would give you that Vit back and leave you with more DPS and possibly still enough EHP for your Shatterbone / Uber SK test. You should give it a shot if you haven't already. You didn't mention trying switching your gems. It's technically a net reduction in gear price, I'd think (unsure of current green vs purple gem prices).

If you could somehow magically switch about 1-and-a-half gems, you'd be able to net about a 1K DPS bonus with a 0 EHP loss. (There's the mitigation loss but, I think you've still got enough LS + mitgation to max out quickly)
Reply Quote
What about changing your Nats boots to vit ones instead of Cold resist?

It looks like your all res is currently ~730. You can easily lose the 60 Cold res w/o too much grief IMHO.

I've thought about this before, but I'm trying to avoid such move. For one - decent Vit roll on Nat boots is quite costly, but more importantly - I'm trying to look further down the road. I'd like to replace my gloves with trifecta someday and will have to drop one of the resist rolls in that slot. I can't afford to lose 60 res from the boots and another 50-70 from the gloves, as I'd like to stay in the 700 neighborhood for the long run.

Look at my WH belt. It would be perfect for you. Not an offer, just a suggestion. :-P

Seriously though, it wasn't even that expensive, so it should definitely be an option for you.

While I appreciate the offer, the 9% Life on your WH is barely 400 HP upgrade over my one, while at the same time I'll be losing a hefty Armor roll.
Reply Quote
Just use amythest!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]