Diablo® III

oh my god its coming!

Okay, so! Just followed-up with Josh regarding the context for that tweet (since all the links seemed to be lacking exactly what he was responding to).

The tweet was in response to whether or not the loot improvements/changes seen in the console version of Diablo III would be coming to PC. The answer is yes, that many of those improvements/changes will be coming with Loot 2.0 (which actually inspired a lot of the updates to itemization for console). As for the tone of Josh's tweet, think Game of Thrones! He was going for a play on "Winter is coming." :)

another words: Josh bored, have nothing to do, so instead of working on D3, he posted something on twitter teased the community; NOW THAT EXPLAIN WHY D3 cannot got anything done.... BECAUSE YOU GUYS NEVER REALLY WORKING ON IT...
Reply Quote
i live in Australia when does your winter officially start?
Reply Quote
me too, this is all interesting because in theory if the Jokester is really playing at teasing a possible plan to release in Winter... that would fit a certain conspiratory timeline i have.

November is Blizzcon right? winter in the US, that would all fit for an announcement and Christmas update to the game following?

Am i right? :)

anyway I hope Josh dude stays that way, the community here needs to chill out.
Reply Quote
i dont believe the lies till I see it actually happen LOL
Reply Quote
Blizz can't hear us. They're too busy raking in the console version revenue to care at the moment.
Reply Quote
why didnt pc get the changes today too? wouldnt that be fair
Reply Quote
Okay, so! Just followed-up with Josh regarding the context for that tweet (since all the links seemed to be lacking exactly what he was responding to).

The tweet was in response to whether or not the loot improvements/changes seen in the console version of Diablo III would be coming to PC. The answer is yes, that many of those improvements/changes will be coming with Loot 2.0 (which actually inspired a lot of the updates to itemization for console). As for the tone of Josh's tweet, think Game of Thrones! He was going for a play on "Winter is coming." :)

"Winter is coming" is actually a foreboding prophesy of doom. Should I fear Loot 2.0 as such?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
09/03/2013 08:14 PMPosted by Tuinebap
another words: Josh bored, have nothing to do, so instead of working on D3, he posted something on twitter teased the community; NOW THAT EXPLAIN WHY D3 cannot got anything done.... BECAUSE YOU GUYS NEVER REALLY WORKING ON IT...

The conspiracy is strong with this one. *steeples fingers*

09/04/2013 09:38 AMPosted by Blue
"Winter is coming" is actually a foreboding prophesy of doom. Should I fear Loot 2.0 as such?

Nope! He was mirroring the cadence. Nothing more, nothing less.
Reply Quote
The conspiracy is strong with this one. *steeples fingers*

The arrogance is strong with this one.

Nope! He was mirroring the cadence. Nothing more, nothing less.

Is there any, any sense of urgency at all to assuage the PC players of their concerns now that the console versions are being examined in great detail, and thoroughly compared to the PC version?

Instead, he thinks it funny to tease on maintenance day, in full knowledge that loot 1.5/2.0 is high up on the player expectation list, knowing full well that people expect the project lead to shed some light on the subject, and thus follow his tweets....and this?

And now you too think it funny to reply and reply only to see how many variations of "nothing more, nothing less" you can come up with, barring having some actual info to share?

And you wonder why you get wailed upon sometimes. /spit.

She's a blue and she's hot, thus arrogance is allowed and highly accepted (by me).

Why don't you go level some paragons - I heard it might be beneficial when patch launches. Hmm where did I hear this from you ask? Maybe those people the quoted poster thought were doing nothing!? :O
Edited by MasterJay#1651 on 9/4/2013 10:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote

AKA pushing back updates to specifically boost the Diablo 3 content for Blizzcon.
Reply Quote
It's coming... but will this band-aid heal the wound?
Reply Quote
09/04/2013 10:20 AMPosted by zip
We all know band-aids don't heal wounds... Especially deep wounds. Those can only be healed with professionalism and attentiveness.
Reply Quote
09/04/2013 10:16 AMPosted by MasterJay

The arrogance is strong with this one.

Is there any, any sense of urgency at all to assuage the PC players of their concerns now that the console versions are being examined in great detail, and thoroughly compared to the PC version?

Instead, he thinks it funny to tease on maintenance day, in full knowledge that loot 1.5/2.0 is high up on the player expectation list, knowing full well that people expect the project lead to shed some light on the subject, and thus follow his tweets....and this?

And now you too think it funny to reply and reply only to see how many variations of "nothing more, nothing less" you can come up with, barring having some actual info to share?

And you wonder why you get wailed upon sometimes. /spit.

She's a blue and she's hot, thus arrogance is allowed and highly accepted (by me).

Why don't you go level some paragons - I heard it might be beneficial when patch launches. Hmm where did I hear this from you ask? Maybe those people the quoted poster thought were doing nothing!? :O

hot? ahaha poor american with fat girls everyhwere...
by central european standards she is like 4/10 ... poor you.
Reply Quote
09/04/2013 10:20 AMPosted by zip

More like a plaster cast. Covers the wound well, but you'll have terrible itches.
Reply Quote
its probably coming like half a year from now....
Reply Quote
Community Manager

No humor intended. Just clarity. Players shouldn't read into the Games of Thrones reference; the only connection it has with Josh's response is a shared sentence structure. No need to dig any deeper (unless you just enjoy that kind of thing, in which case--hey, knock yourself out).

Beyond that, like I noted earlier, we don't have any additional details to share about Loot 2.0 right now. Many of the features Josh spoke about at gamescom (the Mystic, new Legendary items, targeted Legendaries, adjusted drop rates, etc) are still being developed or tweaked, so there's not a whole lot more we can sink our teeth into at the moment. You can fully expect some sort of write-up, though, as development moves forward, more forum posts certainly, and we're even looking into doing some Twitch streams so we can show off changes within the actual game environment. We also want to make sure that players have an opportunity to provide feedback before any of these changes go live.

Additionally, just to make sure there isn't any confusion, we're not looking at releasing our itemization update for PC (a.k.a Loot 2.0) until the pre-expansion patch at the earliest. I know we've communicated that in previous posts, but I feel like it's good to call out again. We don't have a date set for that yet, but we'll be sure to keep everyone as updated as possible in the meantime.
Reply Quote
[quote]Additionally, just to make sure there isn't any confusion, we're not looking at releasing our itemization update for PC (a.k.a Loot 2.0) until the pre-expansion patch at the earliest. I know we've communicated that in previous posts, but I feel like it's good to call out again. We don't have a date set for that yet, but we'll be sure to keep everyone as updated as possible in the meantime.

So PC users are shafted for another 3 months (guesstimate and prob very accurate one at that) waiting for something that should have been released when the Console version of D3 was released? Thanks Blizzard for the continuous shafting of PC gamers.
Edited by CrazyPvPAddy#1788 on 9/4/2013 11:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]