Diablo® III

oh my god its coming!

View profile
09/04/2013 11:10 AMPosted by Lylirra
Additionally, just to make sure there isn't any confusion, we're not looking at releasing our itemization update for PC (a.k.a Loot 2.0) until the pre-expansion patch at the earliest. I know we've communicated that in previous posts, but I feel like it's good to call out again. We don't have a date set for that yet, but we'll be sure to keep everyone as updated as possible in the meantime.

November would be stellar!?
Reply Quote
Yikes so Q2 2014 at the earliest for loot 2.0...that is laughable Blizz. What is the team even doing right now?
Reply Quote
09/04/2013 05:00 PMPosted by Shiroro
Yikes so Q2 2014 at the earliest for loot 2.0...that is laughable Blizz. What is the team even doing right now?

Celebrating that they were able to get pc users to buy the console editions.
Reply Quote
09/04/2013 11:15 AMPosted by CrazyPvPAddy
So PC users are shafted for another 3 months (guesstimate and prob very accurate one at that) waiting for something that should have been released when the Console version of D3 was released? Thanks Blizzard for the continuous shafting of PC gamers.

LOL! Your 'guesstimate' is way off. Try 6-8 months.
Reply Quote
na... patch will be out in Dec!!!
Reply Quote
I just felt it was absolutely imperative to point this out ---

09/04/2013 11:10 AMPosted by Lylirra
We also want to make sure that players have an opportunity to provide feedback before any of these changes go live.

THIS. This is what I needed to see to have partial faith in RoS/D3 restored.

For the last 15 months I keep seeing Blizz tote sales #s, awards recieved via hype, and IMO scape goat minor issues such as Error 3005 boss (server issues) as the major failing of D3 initial launch. Yet the vast majority pushed through all of that only to find the true franchise killer. The real villain that ended up enraging and alienating a large section of the community. It spawned a broken end game. A game lacking in practical item hunting and thus an AH that became mandatory. It let a host of small factors culminate in a majorly flawed system that "didnt work out as expected"

The villain??? Lack of testing and player input for game mechanics in endgame/high level play. Aka: Complete reliance on internal testing for inferno level content, the level of testing overall of the games mechanics (not errors, not bugs, not "polished" combat/interfaces) was sorely lacking.

When a wizard could use a pretty simple rune combo to advance 2 acts further then any other class and throw the item pool completely off balance. when random blue weapons EASILY outclassed perfect rolled Legendaries, When the choice given was farm for 4-8 hours for an item or gather gold for 5 minutes and buy it on the AH. That is when Diablo "died" that's when all 34 other members of my guild quit logging in. 1-60 was FUN AS HELL. Inferno and 61-63 was a Nightmare, one which the player base remembers well.

Player feedback = happy community = long lasting lucrative franchises.
Reply Quote
For the mystic I think you should make it cost some mats and gold so there is some level of farming involved.
Reply Quote
Glad that it's coming soon, but sad that console already have a head start on the new system. Diablo has been out give or take 1 1/2 year. I dont remember when was the last huge patch but come on, why do we have to wait for x amount of time to get loot 2.0 or at least equivalent loot as the console for a patch in the coming weeks. Last time I heard a Diablo game director said the word "Coming Soon" for the game to be release, we've waited 8 months! So I hope this "coming soon" is really coming this year rather than next year.
Reply Quote
We know we gave the console most of what you guys have been asking for since D3's inception, and we're (not) sorry. But good news! Coming soon: A small part of what you've been asking for that we will not give any information out on or a time frame and that will still leave out most of your requests, but enough to shut all of you up for a couple months so we can finish counting the money we made off the console and the expansion.

Sincerely your loving, caring team here at Blizzard.
Reply Quote
We know we gave the console most of what you guys have been asking for since D3's inception, and we're (not) sorry. But good news! Coming soon: A small part of what you've been asking for that we will not give any information out on or a time frame and that will still leave out most of your requests, but enough to shut all of you up for a couple months so we can finish counting the money we made off the console and the expansion.

Sincerely your loving, caring team here at Blizzard.

Hehe, sad but true!
Reply Quote
If 2.0 will be released by or on Xmas I'd be very happy.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
It won't be. They've been pretty clear that they're going to follow their WoW-inspired 'patch a couple weeks before expansion' formula. Which probably means it's 6 months away. At least.

Blizzard sure as !@#$ doesn't seem to be interested in doing any kind of balancing of skills or economy tweaks in the meantime, so have fun running the same tired builds for half a year and watching the economy inflate more and more insanely. Or, more likely, don't play the game at all. Blizzard already has your money, and they know you'll buy RoS no matter how long they make you wait.
Reply Quote

Additionally, just to make sure there isn't any confusion, we're not looking at releasing our itemization update for PC (a.k.a Loot 2.0) until the pre-expansion patch at the earliest. I know we've communicated that in previous posts, but I feel like it's good to call out again. We don't have a date set for that yet, but we'll be sure to keep everyone as updated as possible in the meantime.

This needs to change. That is absolutely unacceptable. You JUST ANNOUNCED the expansion. That means this change is probably at a minimum 3 - 4 months away. You can't POSSIBLY think it is ok to let a game rot for almost a year without fixing the most basic, most important problem that exists. While simultaneously doing nothing else whatsoever. This game sold 12 million copies and gives you a steady revenue stream with the RMAH. We deserve more than one guy working 4 hours a day when he feels like it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
You guys are serious smoking if you think it's only 3-4 months away.
Reply Quote
09/05/2013 09:27 AMPosted by Windstrider

Maybe you're unfamiliar with the term "at a minimum"?
Reply Quote
[quote]Beyond that, like I noted earlier, we don't have any additional details to share about Loot 2.0 right now. Many of the features [url="http://youtu.be/oHiQTxOvoXM"]Josh spoke about at gamescom[/url] (the Mystic, new Legendary items, targeted Legendaries, adjusted drop rates, etc) are still being developed or tweaked, so there's not a whole lot more we can sink our teeth into at the moment. You can fully expect some sort of write-up, though, as development moves forward, more forum posts certainly, and we're even looking into doing some Twitch streams so we can show off changes within the actual game environment. We also want to make sure that players have an opportunity to provide feedback before any of these changes go live.

D3 developers streaming things that are currently under development sounds kinda interesting actually. It would be awesome if you guys could do like a weekly or biweekly (once every two weeks) a 1 hour or so twitch stream. :O
Edited by Vicc#1262 on 9/5/2013 9:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
09/05/2013 09:31 AMPosted by AddictedFool

You're seriously smoking if you think that it's 3-4 months away, even at a minimum.
Reply Quote
This whole deceit around everything getting pushed to the expansion has me considering not getting it. What have you guys been working on?
Edited by Opsyate#1260 on 9/5/2013 9:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
09/05/2013 09:49 AMPosted by Windstrider

You're seriously smoking if you think that it's 3-4 months away, even at a minimum.

Yep, you don't know what it means. Thanks for trying though.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I'm well aware of what it means. I'm also well aware that you are talking out of your own !@# with your estimation, because there's next to know way you could possibly know those numbers unless you were an insider at Blizzard and could tell me 1) what was left to be done, 2) how long it would take 3) how long the beta test would be and 4) how long it would take to get the copies printed and headed out to stores. And other things, too, that determine the minimum time frame you could possibly release a title.

Now, hey, I don't know those numbers, either, but I know Blizzard. I know that it is their MO to polish and polish and polish until any artistry is ground down into a dull brass knob: functional, but uninspired. And I am telling you, I think your 3-4 month 'guess' is laughable.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]