Diablo® III

oh my god its coming!

09/03/2013 06:44 PMPosted by Greenhell
The answer is yes, that many of those improvements/changes will be coming with Loot 2.0 (which actually inspired a lot of the updates to itemization for console).

Lylirra,
I remember telling you they had fixed itemization for pc but wer just refusing to release it in order to boost console sales. Your reply was that pc itemization fix would be entirely different from console..

Console gets better boss fights
no weekly maintenance
actual hitboxes
itemization
offline mode
pause (for as long as you want w/ no d/c)
We know console gets many things pc will NEVER get, this list goes on & on.

What will pc be getting that console does'nt have? Asside for the root of this games problems, namely the rmah.

I'm throwing this out there again, because I would also like to see a blue post about this. Why does the console get everything the pc players wanted?
Reply Quote
I'm well aware of what it means. I'm also well aware that you are talking out of your own !@# with your estimation, because there's next to know way you could possibly know those numbers unless you were an insider at Blizzard and could tell me 1) what was left to be done, 2) how long it would take 3) how long the beta test would be and 4) how long it would take to get the copies printed and headed out to stores. And other things, too, that determine the minimum time frame you could possibly release a title.

Now, hey, I don't know those numbers, either, but I know Blizzard. I know that it is their MO to polish and polish and polish until any artistry is ground down into a dull brass knob: functional, but uninspired. And I am telling you, I think your 3-4 month 'guess' is laughable.

Proving again you have no idea what it means. I didn't say the xpack would be done within 3 - 4 months, I was talking about the itemization patch. Maybe that is why you are confused? Not to mention that the xpack itself *might* be done within 3 - 4 months. It's only one class and one new act, it's not like they are designing an entire new game from scratch.

edit: 3-4 months comes from being 1-2 months after Blizzcon. If the patch was almost finished they might announce a release date, but they wouldn't make it a few weeks. It would be at least a month or two. Hence, 3-4 months from now at a MINIMUM. That means it could be 3, 4 or 50 months from now.
Edited by AddictedFool#1434 on 9/5/2013 10:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I'm well aware of what it means. I'm also well aware that you are talking out of your own !@# with your estimation, because there's next to know way you could possibly know those numbers unless you were an insider at Blizzard and could tell me 1) what was left to be done, 2) how long it would take 3) how long the beta test would be and 4) how long it would take to get the copies printed and headed out to stores. And other things, too, that determine the minimum time frame you could possibly release a title.

Now, hey, I don't know those numbers, either, but I know Blizzard. I know that it is their MO to polish and polish and polish until any artistry is ground down into a dull brass knob: functional, but uninspired. And I am telling you, I think your 3-4 month 'guess' is laughable.

Proving again you have no idea what it means. I didn't say the xpack would be done within 3 - 4 months, I was talking about the itemization patch. Maybe that is why you are confused? Not to mention that the xpack itself *might* be done within 3 - 4 months. It's only one class and one new act, it's not like they are designing an entire new game from scratch.

Are you unfamiliar with what Blizzard means when it talks about pre-expansion patches? This may be the source of the confusion here. In the past, these have been patches that occur in EXTREMELY close proximity to an expansion dropping (about a week or two). To say that the Loot 2.0 patch will drop essentially means that the expansion would have to be done as well.

Of course, I would dearly love if Blizzard would break their past history on this and release Loot 2.0 far in advance of RoS, but all their recent blue posts seem to strongly suggest otherwise. And if they are essentially launching them (Loot 2.0 and RoS) together, it's probably still a ways off. Blizzard has said that tons more info will be coming at Blizzcon, which is November 8-9, and given their past, I don't see them doing a major release like a Diablo x-pack one to two months off the back of that. Blizzard's Christmas-time release is gonna be Hearthstone. The most likely targets for RoS after that are the spring or, god forbid, the summer of 2014. They won't release in Jan-Feb because spending goes way down after the Christmas glut when people don't have as much disposable income. They also might not want to compete with some games coming in March, like Dark Souls 2, but we'll see.
Reply Quote

Are you unfamiliar with what Blizzard means when it talks about pre-expansion patches? This may be the source of the confusion here. In the past, these have been patches that occur in EXTREMELY close proximity to an expansion dropping (about a week or two). To say that the Loot 2.0 patch will drop essentially means that the expansion would have to be done as well.

Of course, I would dearly love if Blizzard would break their past history on this and release Loot 2.0 far in advance of RoS, but all their recent blue posts seem to strongly suggest otherwise. And if they are essentially launching them (Loot 2.0 and RoS) together, it's probably still a ways off. Blizzard has said that tons more info will be coming at Blizzcon, which is November 8-9, and given their past, I don't see them doing a major release like a Diablo x-pack one to two months off the back of that. Blizzard's Christmas-time release is gonna be Hearthstone. The most likely targets for RoS after that are the spring or, god forbid, the summer of 2014. They won't release in Jan-Feb because spending goes way down after the Christmas glut when people don't have as much disposable income. They also might not want to compete with some games coming in March, like Dark Souls 2, but we'll see.

I honestly hope you're both wrong and they release it right now so this argument can stop and neither of you get the satisfaction of telling the other I told you so.
Edited by Bushmaster#1379 on 9/6/2013 8:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Lol you guys are still at it? xD
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
But but

someone is disagreeing with me

on the internet

(okay I'll stop)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I mean honestly, no other company would be as involved with improving their, already released, game as this company. Say what you want about this game, it does have some redeeming qualities and was fun for most of us up until inferno. Blizzard wants Diablo to live up to it's name and I have every confidence that it will. Diablo 2 did not hit it's stride until LOD, it still was good don't get me wrong, but wasn't great until LOD. I still have faith in Blizzard as a company, they still make great captivating games, every company has a misstep here and there. Diablo 3 is a dissapointment by blizzard standards, but a huge success by virtually every other metric, give them time, they will fix. Be patient, play some other games.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]