Diablo® III

Maintenance Tuesday 27/08/13 *Complete*

MVP - Diablo III
View profile
It is done! Enjoy your demon slaying all!

Greetings all,

On Tuesday(27/08/13) we will be having server maintenance. Which is expected to last 8 hours total, this is done to maintain the servers and do any general fixes etc that is needed.

Server down will start at 3:00am PDT which is:

Australia & New Zealand times/dates:

Tuesday 27/08/13

6:00pm - 2:00am Perth
7:30pm - 3:30am Adelaide, Darwin
8:00pm - 4:00am Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Hobart, Canberra
10:00pm - 6:00am New Zealand

You can work out your local time zone here: http://everytimezone.com/

Note that this maintenance will go for 8 hours, till 11:00am PDT (Barring any unforeseen issues that may extend maint)

Also remember that blizzard does this while there is the least amount of connected players on the servers, while it is unfortunate that it falls in a good play time for us it has to be done.

Lets keep it civil and show that while downtime does indeed suck, we can still be a good community!

Taken from Service Status forums:

08/26/2013 02:39 PMPosted by Laetzin
We will be performing scheduled maintenance beginning on Tuesday, August 27th, at 03:00 AM PDT and we expect the service to be available again at approximately 11:00 AM PDT. During this time the game will be unavailable for play.

Edited by Narull#6634 on 8/27/2013 2:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks for the notice, hopefully this maintenance will get rid of some of the rubberbanding that has been terrible these last few days.
Reply Quote
... last few days.

Reply Quote
8 pm?

:(.

What happened to the days where it started at like 10 and 11pm. sigh.
Reply Quote
Yeah, 8pm starts suck. I'll be at my bro's place for dinner tonight so won't be back in time to play anything before the server goes down. At least I've got C&C Tiberium Alliances (my other favourite franchise... love it so much I've resorted to playing what is quite an addictive flash game).
Reply Quote
Yeah, 8pm starts suck. I'll be at my bro's place for dinner tonight so won't be back in time to play anything before the server goes down. At least I've got C&C Tiberium Alliances (my other favourite franchise... love it so much I've resorted to playing what is quite an addictive flash game).

By the time I arrive home from work, wind down and eat food it's verging on 8pm. I guess i'll have to play LoL. SIGH.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the heads up mate.
Reply Quote
These 3am (8pm) times are beginning to become a joke. If they started 2 hours later (which they used to i believe) it wouldnt be that much of an inconvienance to the yanks. They would still get to play for most of the day (1pm as opposed to 11am). And the techs doing the work wouldnt have to start so early. Oh, theres also the lil bonus we would get some game time
Reply Quote
08/26/2013 11:26 PMPosted by WAZZ
These 3am (8pm) times are beginning to become a joke. If they started 2 hours later (which they used to i believe) it wouldnt be that much of an inconvienance to the yanks. They would still get to play for most of the day (1pm as opposed to 11am). And the techs doing the work wouldnt have to start so early. Oh, theres also the lil bonus we would get some game time

This.

I've actually never played a game that forces me not to play on certain nights. I know its for the greater good but its unfair towards us as we are getting shut down in our prime time. But hey, it's just us right? Sorry, don't mean to rant but this is beyond a joke now.
Edited by ReaVer#6327 on 8/26/2013 11:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
just so you know, it is 6 pm for perth. A notice that is not even 24 hours. Maintenance for 8 hours. I really think blizz can really do a LITTLE better than this.

Seriously.
Reply Quote
Cheers for the heads up, I don't know why everyone complains you know the maintenance is coming...

I don't mind it, it gives me time to catch up on things like TV series, movies etc...

I sure as hell don't play 24/7 so one day a week where I can't play is no hassle for me, it's nice to have some down time to spend with the family...
Reply Quote
But I want to play now :(
Reply Quote
Bliz : 8 hours to maintain system.

Reality : "it will take us 8 hours to apply lastest Windows Update Security patch"

pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft
Reply Quote
08/27/2013 03:42 AMPosted by Manix
Cheers for the heads up, I don't know why everyone complains you know the maintenance is coming...

Thats the thing. If there was a heads up it will be a day i could go out and do some movies. But heads up means letting us know in advance, not get home, try to log in, cant, come onto aussie forum and there, narull's posted. That dont usually define heads up.

Or if there is a maint every tuesday that s fine. Thing is half the time there is no maint, and no warning of a maint. Some times theres warning of a maint, and end up theres no maint. Sometimes the maint last 2 hours and is specified for 2 hours. Sometimes theres 2 hours maint and blizz says is 8 hours. Sometimes blizz says theres 2 hours maint and end up with 8 hours.

I dont know, just think it can be conveyed better. Is that too much to ask for? Maybe.
Reply Quote
@seansky : hell. yes. what i have been saying for 12 months now (and 32 forum bans so far - and after tonight 33)

We were made to pay 40% MORE than rest of world.

Play-time is 84% peak time compared to rest of world.

AUD$ equalled USD$ and time of most peoples purchase (or was more AU vs US)

And we charged more.

I would like to know WHY (when can be soft rebooted server side - trhis is only for "windows update" to run) - when have you ever seen a windows update run for 8 hours????????? OK maybe add another 2 hours for a backup (when done auto every 6 hours anyway)

Sorry Bliz. Your excuses are NOT cutting it anymore.

None of your games are patching. 8hours is non-excusable.
Reply Quote
are you kidding 8pm- 4am is like Prime Time for people who play this game in Melbourne. Your talking out of your ***secret cow level hole***.

Converted to United states time its 10am-2pm over there which for your dedicated gamers optimal to meet and greed international friends. For myself who currently is hosting another game's tournament (myth II soulblighter) I know exactly when is a prime time for pro-gamers to get the biggest turnout/attendence.

Locally I would say 70-80% of players would play diablo at 8PM considering most of us Australians have dinner at 7-7:30pm and would like to chill out after.

If anything your times should be 1PM-9AM for Victoria which is (11pm the earliest for W.A) Most Australians on weekdays go do their buisness/school or some form of establishment at 9Am-5pm and shoudnt be playing games when they are trying to study/work.

Get your gear together blizzard, I was just about to start playing your game which I stopped 2 months after I beat the damn thing in its release and raged quit because of server lag killing my hardcore characters. If this is the treatment I am expected to get , you can count me out for another 5 years and ill just stick to playing Rome total war 2 next week.
Edited by kingthrall#6226 on 8/27/2013 6:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Considering _most_ players using America's servers are basaed in either a) australia, b) korea c) singapore e) china / japan e) maybe 10% in west coast .us (as they have already alienated americans and they ARE NOT PLAYING OR HAVE QUIT ALREADY"

Dont cry "this time is lowest users" as its B/S

_anybody_ who looks at and monitors "public game" numbers knows EXACTLY what the score is.

Its a freaking joke
Reply Quote
Even though I knew there was maintenance tonight. Still sucks. Forced to be a noob on LoL :(
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
is maintenance complete because i can't log on..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]