Diablo® III

The meteor rises...

hi guys ! please check out my new video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qdZl4nyTao

thanks!!!

might change this thread to a discussion thread if people are interested enough!
Edited by Emperor#6740 on 8/29/2013 11:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
reserved
Reply Quote
@Emperor: Nicely done video! Hahaha, I just wanna know who those two noobs are with you at 38s in that video. :p

EDIT: For those might be curious on the DPS output of Emperor's Raining Meteor, Emperor did a Ghom test and was running a 8.15x multiplier. :) That was a 32s kill on MP6 Ghom. Not too shabby! Now that's including all the awesome elite damage (38.09%) and demon damage (15%) that Emperor was now running, so it's a bit biased. But it definitely shows how stacking elite damage can result in a pretty damaging setup that doesn't require spamming Explosive Blast+Shards+Shocking Aspect. Without the elite damage and demon damage, the build runs about a 5.5x DPS multiplier. That's pretty good in my book for a kiting build! :)
Edited by TekkZero#1963 on 8/29/2013 11:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
im sorry that video was clearly faked, meteor is not any good at all and needs a buff x1000 :)
Reply Quote
08/29/2013 12:53 PMPosted by SteelPhantom
im sorry that video was clearly faked, meteor is not any good at all and needs a buff x1000 :)
OMG, you're right! I keep making this really silly mistake of forgetting that all meteor builds suck, and we need a big buff. Yeah that's it... move along nothing to see interesting in this thread. (6)

Though seriously Meteor does need a buff! Like Sleet Storm-based builds, Meteor is just on the cuff of becoming competitive with builds like SNS and Archon. And when you have fairly competitive builds like Raining Meteor that don't use Frost Nova and can kite effectively, you know you're taking a step in the right direction. :)
Reply Quote
* thumbs up!*

All the way from the "evil" European forum :)
Reply Quote
Wow, is this the Emperor? Or, the Emperor.

Or is it the Emperor? Mayb it's Emperor.

But for sure it can't be the Emperor!
Reply Quote
Great Job Emp...You've def got that build/style down. Loved the music...also commented on it.
Reply Quote

/nod

Tekk - First rule of Meat Lovers club. You must convince yourself Meteors are bad....then whinge about it :>

Emperor - goob job mate :>
Reply Quote
08/29/2013 06:12 PMPosted by Ryoka

Tekk - First rule of Meat Lovers club. You must convince yourself Meteors are bad....then whinge about it :>
What can I say! :lol For some reason, I keep relapsing into the VERY unhealthy thinking that Meteors are competitive, but clearly that's a harmful delusion. Dr. Ryoka and Dr. Steel what kind of regime do you suggest for therapy?
Reply Quote
08/29/2013 11:50 AMPosted by TekkZero
@Emperor: Nicely done video! Hahaha, I just wanna know who those two noobs are with you at 38s in that video. :p

two noobs?!?! i only see one !!! :P !!!

incoming nerf in xpac detected! :D

* thumbs up!*

All the way from the "evil" European forum :)

awwww how sweet ! THANKS !!!

Wow, is this the Emperor? Or, the Emperor.

Or is it the Emperor? Mayb it's Emperor.

But for sure it can't be the Emperor!

there's too many imposters these days tsk tsk :P

08/29/2013 04:44 PMPosted by Gcanum
Great Job Emp...You've def got that build/style down. Loved the music...also commented on it.

THANKS gcanum ! you're one of the biggest reasons why this build is possible when u suggested soj and sg to me back then! once again, THANKS MAN.

08/29/2013 06:12 PMPosted by Ryoka
Emperor - goob job mate :>

thanks! i do try my best :D
Reply Quote
08/29/2013 07:14 PMPosted by TekkZero

What can I say! :lol For some reason, I keep relapsing into the VERY unhealthy thinking that Meteors are competitive, but clearly that's a harmful delusion. Dr. Ryoka and Dr. Steel what kind of regime do you suggest for therapy?

Just stop sounding excited :> Because DH's Clustered Arrow has a reduction of 7....so if I dont get Meat Reduction of at least 7, it's on you :>

*ahem* Meteors are bad....*ahem*

:>
Reply Quote
Emperor:
two noobs?!?! i only see one !!! :P !!!
Oh good, clearly that P100 wizard in the video has some real issues. He was a real noob for playing with a P1 WD... and even worse a Meteor Wizard. Meteors just plain suck bad! They need to be buffed. QQ

*see Ryoka it's working!*

Darn it, this is so painful... :p
Reply Quote
Ha, I returned after months of a hiatus and last time I played I was busy with my WD on HC.

So there I was wondering if Meteor was still a valid option, as SNS / Archon and the good old CM specs seem to be state of the art. Glad to be proven wrong, although my gear is slightly lacking to say the least.

Only thing I could !@#$% moan about is that Tyrael's doesn't come with +Beast/Humanoid/Undead bonuses rather than solely Demon. Awesome in Act 3 but ever since the density patch Act 1 is kind of where its at (XP wise anyway) :(
Reply Quote
08/29/2013 11:32 PMPosted by Erbsenbrei
Only thing I could !@#$% moan about is that Tyrael's doesn't come with +Beast/Humanoid/Undead bonuses rather than solely Demon. Awesome in Act 3 but ever since the density patch Act 1 is kind of where its at (XP wise anyway) :(

act 2 dalgur oasis is pretty packed with demon type mobs XD ! and loads of them !!!!
Reply Quote
Nice to see a non-permafreeze spec!

Might give this a try later on.
Reply Quote

act 2 dalgur oasis is pretty packed with demon type mobs XD ! and loads of them !!!!

It indeed is, it completely slipped my mind - even though it was where I ran with my WD. Yet those snake thingies are likely to be far more painful on a Wiz than on a WD with bats spinning right round round round.

I'll have to do some testing, however, something seemed odd ever since the changes. I don't think Act 2 nor Act 3 came remotely close to provide Act 1 experience when milking Fields Of Misery and the map north of town leading to the cemetery.

Still, a moot point anyway for those at Paragon 100 and whatnot. At this point I rather 'gimp' my damage and wear Leoric's (30% woo woo) + Hellfire solely for the 60% XP boost - with a helmet effectively doubling my XP gain.

So no serious Meteor -5AP stacking anytime soon, although I was apparently clever enough to fetch an occulus prior to leaving with -5AP. I figure the Teleport CD reduc is still broken, though.

Anyway, I'll figure something out. For now it's crafting time anyway. >>Dat Gaunts / Armlets / Amulet need an overhaul quite badly.

Awesome video and certainly an inspiring route to take. All that meele Wizard jazz was never been my thing and Archon was by far to stressful with the upkeep pressure.

Cheers!
Edited by Erbsenbrei#2897 on 8/30/2013 12:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I have created a similar build few days ago.
It's a stressful one, but works hella fine. dont hesite to add me for more infos. ;)

keep the good work guys.
Reply Quote
08/29/2013 11:50 AMPosted by TekkZero
EDIT: For those might be curious on the DPS output of Emperor's Raining Meteor, Emperor did a Ghom test and was running a 8.15x multiplier. :) That was a 32s kill on MP6 Ghom. Not too shabby! Now that's including all the awesome elite damage (38.09%) and demon damage (15%) that Emperor was now running, so it's a bit biased. But it definitely shows how stacking elite damage can result in a pretty damaging setup that doesn't require spamming Explosive Blast+Shards+Shocking Aspect. Without the elite damage and demon damage, the build runs about a 5.5x DPS multiplier. That's pretty good in my book for a kiting build! :)

tekk i just did a test, if i swap molten impact for meteor shower, i could hit 13x multiplier.... but how do u calculate it so that its fair without the elite damage and demon dmg %
Reply Quote
08/29/2013 11:20 AMPosted by Emperor
reserved

...for who? the girl scouts?

also... nice vid, and i swear it looks like your bubble is twice the normal size.... o.O
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]