Diablo® III

Price of Gold

Price of gold has risen 41% in the last 24 hours.
Reply Quote
piffle must be happy
Reply Quote
08/30/2013 02:54 PMPosted by scrapz
piffle must be happy

+1
Reply Quote
Fitz is probably sad.
Reply Quote
Wont last I'm sure. Maybe all the botters went on vacation or at a botters convention or some such thing.
Reply Quote
Prices on gems are even worse...rubies and emeralds doubled in the last 72 hours.
Reply Quote
There was a ban waved it took out most of the botters.
Reply Quote
Yeah on geeks it's 1.84

The bot thing must actually be true :D
Reply Quote
I just find it funny (this is why the "ban" thing is hard to believe) that blizzard made stack size potentially .25 cents for 50m, the next day gold prices went up, not down :P
Reply Quote
can't never get rid of the botters. they will simply buy more account and continue on. lol the prices will come down to the stable lvl again pretty soon. this happened numerous times before.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
saving my $ then. the small amount i have wont really make a difference if i convert now.
Reply Quote
I am calling BS on the banwave. Gold plummeted after the stack increase then has been steadily increasing in price since.

The price is being manipulated IMO.
Reply Quote
I am calling BS on the banwave. Gold plummeted after the stack increase then has been steadily increasing in price since.

Sounds like tinfoil hats are back in style.

Maybe all the botters formed the Gold Cartel and have finally realized that if they cut back how much they sell prices will go up.

Offsite prices for 3 randomly selected googled sites are as follows
200million gold
site 1 $6.84
site 2 $6.77
site 3 $7.47
onsite is currently $8.80

Seems somewhat stable between the 3 of them. Looks like its about $2 less per 200mil offsite
Reply Quote
The more likely reason is everyone heard about xpac and is buying up gold to stockpile or just buying gold to gear their character. .

Also a bunch of people are buying up gold on d2jsp to flip it. Market is being manipulated, but not by botters.
Reply Quote
08/30/2013 06:18 PMPosted by BumblyWumbly

It isn't really tinfoil hat to think that people attempt to manipulate the game's market for profit. You do know that sort of thing happens in unregulated markets right?
Reply Quote
Buyz my goldz plz! http://imgur.com/SsI1lukl

:-D
Reply Quote

It isn't really tinfoil hat to think that people attempt to manipulate the game's market for profit. You do know that sort of thing happens in unregulated markets right?

Oh I completely understood what you meant.

Just sounded very conspiracy like, thats all. Nothing wrong with that.
Its highly probable the market is being manipulated but is it by an outside source?

Howabout this idea then.
People are offloading high end items due to upcoming expansion but the only safe way is IGG. Paypal is too high a risk of chargebacks. A majority of players are afraid to use off site gold sellers therefore to get the gold they need for these items they go to the auction house to buy it. People who are selling the items are holding onto the gold they receive for said items for the new expansion so supply is down some and gold prices are up.

I have seen a ton of people cleaning out their stashes of some pretty nice stuff that they were not using and flipping it into gold.
Edited by BumblyWumbly#1542 on 8/30/2013 6:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yeah I think that lead to the current price increase since the announcement. Gold price has been going up since before the expac announcement. That was more of what I was referring to.
Reply Quote
It's been going up slowly, then about yesterday (or the day before) it jumped like 30-40%.

If it were due to expansion, we should have saw the gold jump a few days earlier than it did. I bought gold nearly every day off the RMAH for the past week since I'm constantly flipping crap (and slightly adjusting my gear) to get my bnet balance back to $250, lol.
Reply Quote
08/30/2013 05:45 PMPosted by Fitz
That's what I was thinking too.

I don't know if the whole ban wave thing is bs but 3rd parties have definitely be manipulating gold prices, I feel like if you payed attention to the prices it was pretty d*mning evidence.

I feel like once someone, like blizzard, does something like raising the stack to "compete with third party gold sellers" they are giving in, it's pretty solid that they aren't having success on banning them. And the gold sellers took advantage of this and raised prices, unless someone can give me a reasonable explanation as to why they raised gold stack and then sending a ban wave, which potentially caused the gold inflation to completely 180.

the xpac coming out doesn't really have to do with this "naturally" happening, I think it would actually be a clever move by third parties to make the value of gold go up after people have flipped and sold gear for money assuming gold would keep going down in value (which it will, at least in the next six months, even if prices are being "manipulated".)

And now they have potentially doubled their gold value for anyone buying it, or re-buying it. Especially if they could manage to keep gold prices upward till the xpac (highly unlikely imo.). So i'm more in-favor of conspiracy for this, but I'm not ruling out being reasonable :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]