Diablo® III

Disintegrate Check

Hey all,

Before the big ray of frost buff, I was trying my best to work around Sleet Storm, and ultimately this came to a stop because, well...I ended up just rolling CoB on my WD since it was the same "stand in the middle of stuff" gameplay style but was quicker.

That being said, I decided to give Disintegrate a try, and after playing around with a few runes I found really liked it, and I'm going to continue with the build on my Wizard. So far in terms of gearing I've just shuffled some of my gear from my WD to my wizard, and it has been pretty successful, but I'm sure there are some things I'm missing here. I'm flip flopping between my WD's main hand sword + a Triumverate, and continuing with the skorn.

Also what skills/passive combinations would really work well?

I'm going to be looking at gearing up the Wizard so my WD will be able to retain her gear, so I guess I'm looking for advice on what pieces I should retain similar stats, and where other kinds of gear would be better than the stuff I have on now.

Any guidance would be awesome, thanks in advance! :)
Reply Quote
So I have been a fan of Disintegrate since we got the spell during leveling, and I love Chaos Nexus. I run it for pure fun. Who cares about archon (I am primarily an archon wizard). I just use the same gearset for Sleet Storm and Disintegrate, and I haven't had an issue with one-hander/source unless it was a single elite with no mobs around. Took care of that by putting Living Lightning/Prodigy into the mix; in fact, those two skills practically eliminated my needing a Sleet Storm gearset.

I play it with something like this:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#bROSjg!gcT!cZZZaZ
Edited by jenpeezey#1208 on 9/2/2013 3:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
thanks, I gave it a try and it was pretty fun.

Seems I'm going to really have to play with the way the wizard skills work around having this as a primary skill. I would never have thought to link all that together haha, I have next to zero knowledge of the wizard skill trees and their synergies.

Thanks for the post :)
Reply Quote
Disintegrate build is less efficient than others, but it is quite fun. I use this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvghnwXXrR4
Reply Quote
I'll check the video out, thanks.

Efficiency isn't a factor to me. I just want to have some fun on a build for a class that isn't my main, but I want to make the build as good as it can be. How it stacks up to Archon, or CM, or Ray of Frost builds doesn't matter.
Reply Quote
I post this every time I see a disentigrate thread, but I'm pretty sure I haven't converted anyone to my build yet. It is a bit odd. I dont have gg gear. I'm still leveling to 100 but I can solo MP10 albeit slowly. I usually solo MP8. I duo with a barb friend frequently on MP10. I start most of my own public MP10 games because I hate trying to get lucky finding a pub game that's not already cleared. I'm usually done with 2 elites in Leoric's and halfway through festering woods when someone joins. If I swap my helm for my cc stormcrow and my hellfire for my cc/cdmg Zuni pox, I do quite well. There are many builds superior to mine. Hell, I'm sure there are many disentigrate builds better than mine, but it works for me. I may be the only wiz using WoF in a non-troll fashion.
Reply Quote
try my build, i do mid mp's with it efficiently
Reply Quote
Thanks everyone for your help.

I found a gear and skill combination that is really working for me and my play style. All that's left is to grind out some paragon levels, and slowly get pieces for my wizard to have exclusively.
Reply Quote

I found a gear and skill combination that is really working for me and my play style. All that's left is to grind out some paragon levels, and slowly get pieces for my wizard to have exclusively.

I was going to recommend Chaos Nexus + Stark Winter, but it looks like you already found it. Why not cold blooded passive though - that would work much better than Glass Cannon.
Reply Quote
This is probably the most powerful version of disintegrate I've played:
http://d3up.com/b/729859/explosive-disintegrate

Not as fun as the version you are playing though.

Btw, a fun trick is to include Improved Archon in your build. When fighting elites, power up some AD, then hit archon and hold down the beam as long as you can for a 75% boost.

Great for a change of pace.
Reply Quote

I was going to recommend Chaos Nexus + Stark Winter, but it looks like you already found it. Why not cold blooded passive though - that would work much better than Glass Cannon.

I was using cold blooded, I just put on glass canon to see how it affected my defensive stats to see if I could slot in something else besides stark winter, forgot to change it before I logged out haha.

I'll tinker some more when I get back home from work, and thanks!
Edited by DonBukka#1245 on 9/3/2013 10:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]