Diablo® III

console loot system = PC loot 2.0?

09/03/2013 06:38 PMPosted by Lylirra
Wow, that took a lot of words to say "Console is basically LOOT 2.0 only NOW". Minor changes for PC will take another SIX MONTHS!!!

Except that's not really what I said. >.>

P.S. - I keep reading your name as "nektar," which makes me want a juice box. Damnit.

Except it pretty much is. They have a lot of the stuff that makes up Loot 2.0 and you made excuses for why we PC players don't have any of it right now. We already know from what was said a month or so ago that we are going to be waiting till after Blizzcon to get a lot more details / the actual content patch, so that means we have at least half of that six months to wait before we are actually playing with Loot 2.0 and the other changes, if we are even that lucky.

09/03/2013 06:41 PMPosted by S1ic3r
Ok, while you take your time for the Loot 2.0 coming soon™, can you implement RMAH in console, and let us (pc players) buy the item from there?

The duping and item creation on console would literally flood the market with insanely broken items. They didn't make plans for an AH on console, so they left more loopholes open for players to mess with their characters (very similar to what players did with Open Battle.net characters on Diablo 2). In order for them to combine PC and console AHs, they would first have to develop an AH for the console, then provide a Closed Battle.net system in which players would get drops they could sell.

All in all, it's not worth it for Blizzard to drop all of that development into a system that could be abused easily.

The Joke

Your head
Reply Quote
Posted by Nekar
Wow, that took a lot of words to say "Console is basically LOOT 2.0 only NOW". Minor changes for PC will take another SIX MONTHS!!!

She said " Console loot is basically a LOOT 2.0 inspiration, with special tweaks for console purposes, LOOT 2.0 for PC however will have much more features"

However how many more features on the PC there will be?,
What will be they key differences?

We should ask that instead.
Edited by Colt#2370 on 9/3/2013 6:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Posted by Nekar

She said " Console loot is basically a LOOT 2.0 inspiration, with special tweaks for console purposes, LOOT 2.0 for PC however will have much more features"

However how many more features there will be?, how far the PC LOOT 2.0 will be from the console Loot?, what will be they key differences? that should be a nice question.

going by the screenshots we have seen its a piss load different.
Reply Quote
it still would be good to get SOMETHING for the PC version now. I really dont want to deal for the next 6 - 8 months with this system anymore that we have now for how long? 1 and a half year? ...it should be about time that the PC version gets at least SOME bone thrown at it ...
Reply Quote
09/03/2013 06:55 PMPosted by CrniVuk
.it should be about time that the PC version gets at least SOME bone thrown at it ...

I agree man, im growing impatient as well mostly because I dont know if I should train harder my monk so its on top shape for any new content, or if I should take a long break

I cover that topic a little on my thread, feel free to jump in and discuss:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9792649678?page=1#17
Edited by Colt#2370 on 9/3/2013 6:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/03/2013 06:23 PMPosted by Lylirra
Also, since we use staggered development (meaning, the PC and console games more or less have separate teams and development cycles), though, it's possible that one game will receive changes before another. Over time, which game that is may switch back and forth depending on where each is in its development cycle. Even so, PC is the lead platform.

So an exact back peddle from earlier statements made saying there were two teams, completely separate and would have no impact on either game?

This is pretty much why people have forsaken you as being trustworthy, lies upon lies.

Loot 1.5 is easy, super easy, to implement into the PC version, it shouldn't take more than about 3 days to code it. Yet, nothing has been done for 6 months and won't be done for another 6 months? It is mind boggling that your developers or anyone working on Diablo 3 PC is paid or even still employed with the lack of attention paid to the game.
Reply Quote
09/03/2013 06:37 PMPosted by Vyleblud
SIX MONTHS!!!

You have a lot of optimism in you if you think you'll be seeing anything before next June.

PTR for ROS has been confirmed for this year.
Reply Quote
09/03/2013 06:34 PMPosted by Nekar

You make the community look real approachable :/

Ya know, it's nice when a Blue takes time to give details and explain things in length, and then people like you come along and make them feel like jerks for even trying.
Reply Quote

You have a lot of optimism in you if you think you'll be seeing anything before next June.

Can you show quote for that. Only saw the part about potential beta this year but specifics are still unknown.

09/03/2013 07:12 PMPosted by BurningRope

Ya know, it's nice when a Blue takes time to give details and explain things in length, and then people like you come along and make them feel like jerks for even trying.

It will always be a lose-lose situation. If Blue's do not post or comment, the community attacks them saying how they are being ignored and neglected. But when they do communicate, people still attack, calling them liars, etc.
Edited by Nilrem#1603 on 9/3/2013 7:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
So an exact back peddle from earlier statements made saying there were two teams, completely separate and would have no impact on either game?This is pretty much why people have forsaken you as being trustworthy, lies upon lies

Did you expect Blizz to quarantine them from each other? Jeez dude
Reply Quote
09/03/2013 07:12 PMPosted by BurningRope

It is their job to convey information to the players, the CMs that is. Their job must be real difficult and really easy. Difficult because they have no information to give to players, easy because of the same reason.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8953696/developer-journal-itemization-update-3-5-2013

We've already been waiting 6 months, what's another 6-12+ months?
Reply Quote
09/03/2013 06:34 PMPosted by Nekar

Take my word that you really need to learn to read things before posting about them.

That's my protip for you today.

While a lot of the console changes have similar consequences they are not loot 2.0!!! They are changes made specifically with consoles in mind (reducing the amount of time you have your menu open because it is a lot harder on console is done by converting some amount of white items automatically into gold as well as a craftable materials rehaul for example) but they are not the loot 2.0 changes. Some of them may be there because they directly affect the functionality of the console specific changes but it is entirely wrong to say that the console has loot 2.0 right now.
Reply Quote
Nice of you guys to give console this improved DIablo experience first.

W/ any luck you won't alienate millions of PC players, & get monumental console sales to justify this decision, & your priorities.

They've already alienated millions of PC players, myself included, they just don't want to be bothered with talking about it. It's clear that the console is their priority, it has been from the beginning. If they really cared enough about fixing the PC disaster it would have been done already.
Reply Quote

Can you show quote for that. Only saw the part about potential beta this year but specifics are still unknown.

It will always be a lose-lose situation. If Blue's do not post or comment, the community attacks them saying how they are being ignored and neglected. But when they do communicate, people still attack, calling them liars, etc.

Because they've proven themselves untrustworthy. If they had been upfront and honest about everything from the start, the community wouldn't be so angry. It's Blizzard's own fault. Maybe if they showed some interest in repairing their reputation with the player base, things might start getting better.
Reply Quote

Because they've proven themselves untrustworthy. If they had been upfront and honest about everything from the start, the community wouldn't be so angry. It's Blizzard's own fault. Maybe if they showed some interest in repairing their reputation with the player base, things might start getting better.

Oh please, this community is horrendously toxic. The thing is, Blizzard has been pretty much honest just not transparent. When people claim Blizzard "lied" or being dishonest, it is often the case they either lack reading comprehension or their 'view' of what has happened differs with Blizzard.
Reply Quote
09/03/2013 07:22 PMPosted by Highborne

It is their job to convey information to the players, the CMs that is. Their job must be real difficult and really easy. Difficult because they have no information to give to players, easy because of the same reason.

I just wish people would keep in mind that these are real people doing a job. Can you imagine if people came up to you at work, all day long, insulting you because they didn't like something your employer did?

I've had jobs like that and it sucks.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]