Diablo® III

console loot system = PC loot 2.0?

I'm guessing that loot 2.0 will be revealed in the upcoming xpac.. so the question is: Why do people have to pay an additional $40 or so to obtain similar loot "usefulness" when the console version already has it.

Seems kinda ridiculous don't you think? I mean, if RoS contains much of the content the console already has, why on earth are people expected to pay an additional $40 for it? It seems to me anyway, that whatever content the console has now should be given for free long before the xpac even comes out.

Should look up information before asking those questions. The loot 2.0 is not part of the expansion. Loot 2.0, Paragon 2.0, Loot runs, and Nephalem Trials are all coming via patch before expansion.

Edit: Also I am just going to assume considering your previous post, you do not know about any of the other information. Console does not have loot 2.0; they have an inspired version but it lacks what loot 2.0 gives.
Edited by Nilrem#1603 on 9/3/2013 11:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
I'm guessing that loot 2.0 will be revealed in the upcoming xpac.. so the question is: Why do people have to pay an additional $40 or so to obtain similar loot "usefulness" when the console version already has it.

Seems kinda ridiculous don't you think? I mean, if RoS contains much of the content the console already has, why on earth are people expected to pay an additional $40 for it? It seems to me anyway, that whatever content the console has now should be given for free long before the xpac even comes out.

Should look up information before asking those questions. The loot 2.0 is not part of the expansion. Loot 2.0, Paragon 2.0, Loot runs, and Nephalem Trials are all coming via patch before expansion.

Edit: Also I am just going to assume considering your previous post, you do not know about any of the other information. Console does not have loot 2.0; they have an inspired version but it lacks what loot 2.0 gives.

Even less than "inspired" in the majority of cases.

The things we see like better drops rates in the console version right now are not because they have loot 2.0, its because of console specific changes like:

- Turning some white drops automatically into gold
- Making craftable gear better
- Dropping better stuff, but less often

BUT it is to minimize the amount of time console players have to spend fumbling around in their heinous inventory menus. It is not loot 2.0

Loot 2.0 is to be released to deal with the drops because of the poor loot quality that the system currently generates, which is not the same as minimizing the time spent in your inventory because you are on a console (which is what they have now).
Reply Quote
I just found the videos showing the new SUPER loot! It is EVERYTHING this game SHOULD have been from the start. How can anyone even play the PC version anymore?

Loot 2.0 is going to make Legendary items drop at any level, that's what the console version is doing. The Legendary items that were good before with good rolls at level ilvl60 are now rolling at ilvl63 with boosted stats.

Even if you say it's not loot 2.0, it appears to at least be 1.5 that everyone can agree on...
Reply Quote

The things we see like better drops rates in the console version right now are not because they have loot 2.0, its because of console specific changes like:

BUT it is to minimize the amount of time console players have to spend fumbling around in their heinous inventory menus. It is not loot 2.0

Loot 2.0 is to be released to deal with the drops because of the poor loot quality that the system currently generates, which is not the same as minimizing the time spent in your inventory because you are on a console (which is what they have now).

Some crucial game breaking changes from loot 2.0 are now in the console version:

1. Smart drops - Higher chance that items will roll with the main stat relevant to your class, such as more dex gear drops when playing a DH.

2. Legendaries rolls at all difficulty - This is gamebreaking, as then you can now drastically increase the drop chance of legendaries without significantly reducing the rarity of a particular legendary.

3. Adjusted drop rates - They are tuned for the console self-found only model, but you can adjust this in regards to the state of PC version.

Arguably, putting the console loot model right into the PC version would kill its replay value. However, given the fact that replayability is no longer relevant to the survival of the PC version due to necessary patches still being waited for so long, releasing loot 1.5 to PC and let PC players have some fun for a week or two and let them not feel left behind by the console version might be a better move. As it is now, it is a slap in the face for everyone that played the PC version.

I already had my first legendary boot upgrade in Act 1 normal around 60% complete.
Reply Quote
View profile

Some crucial game breaking changes from loot 2.0 are now in the console version:

1. Smart drops - Higher chance that items will roll with the main stat relevant to your class, such as more dex gear drops when playing a DH.

2. Legendaries rolls at all difficulty - This is gamebreaking, as then you can now drastically increase the drop chance of legendaries without significantly reducing the rarity of a particular legendary.

3. Adjusted drop rates - They are tuned for the console self-found only model, but you can adjust this in regards to the state of PC version.

Arguably, putting the console loot model right into the PC version would kill its replay value. However, given the fact that replayability is no longer relevant to the survival of the PC version due to necessary patches still being waited for so long, releasing loot 1.5 to PC and let PC players have some fun for a week or two and let them not feel left behind by the console version might be a better move. As it is now, it is a slap in the face for everyone that played the PC version.

I already had my first legendary boot upgrade in Act 1 normal around 60% complete.

They are console tuned those changes, it is a whole nother ball game trying to balance say:

...to the PC version of the game with an RMAH (does console have an AH?).
Reply Quote

So, again: not completely the same, not completely different. The changes made to console contain elements of Loot 2.0, but the experience isn't identical nor is it as comprehensive (also keep in mind that some tweaks were specific to console and are not currently planned for PC).

Hope that helps!

Everytime i read this i think how amazing the game would flow w/o the Action house. I like the diablo 3 ps3 version so much. And i Also dislike d3 PC, because of these Action house changes.
Edited by Minare#1612 on 9/4/2013 12:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile

So, again: not completely the same, not completely different. The changes made to console contain elements of Loot 2.0, but the experience isn't identical nor is it as comprehensive (also keep in mind that some tweaks were specific to console and are not currently planned for PC).

Hope that helps!

Everytime i read this i think how amazing the game would flow w/o the Action house. I like the diablo 3 ps3 version so much. And i Also dislike d3 PC, because of these Action house changes.

The hardcore auction house is a lot less overpowering because there is a demand for a larger variety of gear than softcore.
Reply Quote
09/04/2013 12:52 AMPosted by google
How do you feel when you wake up and come to work everyday knowing that you are just lying and misleading millions of people every day?

Source?
Reply Quote
there are really some people who saying THANKS for this information ??? i don´t get it ... how long should we wait longer ? the loot 2.0 was promised months ago and now more lies and more soon bla bla ...
this doomed auctionhouse ruined the total experience what d3 should be :(

sad to see that you care so much about pc users and write a long text in blue with even more lies in it !!! thank you blizzard !!!
Reply Quote
If PC loot 2.0 is going to be this ludicrous take their time and fix it. Otherwise everyone will be facerolling mp10 2 days after patch.
Reply Quote
09/04/2013 01:52 AMPosted by Toxn
how long should we wait longer ? the loot 2.0 was promised months ago and now more lies and more soon bla bla ...

Funny how you speak of them lying while you end up making up information. Not sure if a hypocrite or just naive.
Reply Quote
09/04/2013 01:52 AMPosted by Toxn
the loot 2.0 was promised months ago and now more lies and more soon bla bla ...

LOL...wutt!!??
Reply Quote
They're staggering the release of Loot 2.0 on the PC with the release of the console version far enough out so PC players get fed up and impatient and go out to buy the $45 console game.
Edited by TheSinister#1877 on 9/4/2013 2:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
09/04/2013 02:03 AMPosted by Capo
the loot 2.0 was promised months ago and now more lies and more soon bla bla ...

LOL...wutt!!??

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/10056636

so today almost half a year later ... nothing ... and at this time the loot was already discusting and now we should wait another 6 , 8 or 12 months ? or if we can´t wait just buy a console + d3 thats what blizzard want us to do ...
Reply Quote
09/04/2013 02:15 AMPosted by Toxn
so today almost half a year later ... nothing ... and at this time the loot was already discusting and now we should wait another 6 , 8 or 12 months ? or if we can´t wait just buy a console + d3 thats what blizzard want us to do ...

Where exactly does that article mention the release of Loot 2.0 being months ago?

Were you trying to say "they mentioned loot 2.0 months ago".... or were you in fact trying to say "they promised us loot 2.0 months ago" ???
Edited by SmokeyMcBudd#1518 on 9/4/2013 2:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
no i mean they mentioned it ... but where is the point to release information about a system almost everyone is waiting for and then just gave a f*** about ? d3 pc is not playable at the moment ... and don´t come with "hardcore ... there the economy is alright" or "play selffound ... thats so awesome"

just 1 time in my life i want to hear from blizzard a release date for something earlier than 2 months before release ... then the forums would not be filled up with hate because ppl would just close the d3 chapter until the day they release loot 1.5, 2.0 or whatever they want to release
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]