Diablo® III

console loot system = PC loot 2.0?

09/04/2013 12:52 AMPosted by google
staggered development

Got that right.

Lyl,

How do you feel when you wake up and come to work everyday knowing that you are just lying and misleading millions of people every day?

Patience, young padawan.
Reply Quote
09/03/2013 06:37 PMPosted by Vyleblud
SIX MONTHS!!!

You have a lot of optimism in you if you think you'll be seeing anything before next June.

Omg lmao! This! +2 Ty so much for the good laugh! This made my morning!
Reply Quote

Some crucial game breaking changes from loot 2.0 are now in the console version:

1. Smart drops - Higher chance that items will roll with the main stat relevant to your class, such as more dex gear drops when playing a DH.

2. Legendaries rolls at all difficulty - This is gamebreaking, as then you can now drastically increase the drop chance of legendaries without significantly reducing the rarity of a particular legendary.

3. Adjusted drop rates - They are tuned for the console self-found only model, but you can adjust this in regards to the state of PC version.

Arguably, putting the console loot model right into the PC version would kill its replay value. However, given the fact that replayability is no longer relevant to the survival of the PC version due to necessary patches still being waited for so long, releasing loot 1.5 to PC and let PC players have some fun for a week or two and let them not feel left behind by the console version might be a better move. As it is now, it is a slap in the face for everyone that played the PC version.

I already had my first legendary boot upgrade in Act 1 normal around 60% complete.

They are console tuned those changes, it is a whole nother ball game trying to balance say:

3. Adjusted drop rates - They are tuned for the console self-found only model, but you can adjust this in regards to the state of PC version.

...to the PC version of the game with an RMAH (does console have an AH?).

why, I dont see where the problem is honestly. Of course you cant simply throw what the console has on top of the PC, it would require a few tweaks here and there, but both games are in the core the exact same games. So I really dont see where the issue would be if lets say, people could find 60-80% of their own awesome items.

Screw the AH at this point. Would it really be so bad if 250$ items would drop to 5$ value? Which is in my opinion ´still quite something for a "virtual" good.
Reply Quote
09/04/2013 02:17 AMPosted by Capo
so today almost half a year later ... nothing ... and at this time the loot was already discusting and now we should wait another 6 , 8 or 12 months ? or if we can´t wait just buy a console + d3 thats what blizzard want us to do ...

Where exactly does that article mention the release of Loot 2.0 being months ago?

Were you trying to say "they mentioned loot 2.0 months ago".... or were you in fact trying to say "they promised us loot 2.0 months ago" ???

Dont be so obtuse. Of course no one said 6 months ago "yeah you will get loot 2.0!". But you can find quotes by Bashiok where he is talking about itemisation and how they (as team) know that it lacks something and that they want to change a lot of things and improve on it. Do you want to tell me they just got over night the idea that they have to give us this "loot 2.0". The idea that the game needs changes has been here since the release which was one of the reasons that lead to the changes of Legendary and Set items giving them at least a chance to be usefull. But it was only half of the changes people talked about. The fact that the RNG 99,99% of the time screws you is another. Which they have not adressed yet. So if you want to be acurate, we actually wait for those so called "loot changes" for more then one year now ...
Reply Quote
I see everyone on streams and elsewhere saying the console has loot 2.0

I don't recall blizzard ever saying this is the loot system we on PC will be getting. Can i get a link if a blizzard employee or rep ever said that? Or can i have confirmation that the console loot system is completely different from the upcoming patch's system?

Nah, it's not exactly the same nor is it completely different. Let me explain that further, though, since that's kind of a vague statement.

So, in the console version, items will drop less frequently, but will typically be of higher quality. There's a chance that when a white or gray item drops, that it will be automatically converted to gold too. These changes were made to help manage the flow of gameplay and keep players in the midst of combat (and out of their inventory screens) as much possible. Inventory management is a little more difficult on the console version than it is on the PC, where you have a mouse to quickly navigate through menus, so this was a pretty key tweak for the PS3 and Xbox 360. Crafting materials and costs were adjusted, as well, to accommodate for the fact that trading components isn't as easy on console as it is PC. Similarly, stats on crafted items were boosted to help smooth the leveling curve and ensure that players could reliably find upgrades.

Some of these adjustments are changes we'd like to make to PC, but many of them were inspired by plans we already had for improving itemization as a part of Loot 2.0 (for example, smart drops, Legendary items that can drop at all levels, and the whole "less, but better" strategy). The console team literally took elements of Loot 2.0 and added them to the PS3 and Xbox 360 experience, and then made some additional changes they felt best suited the console environment and playstyle.

Someone already asked in a different thread why we couldn't just get the changes that were added to console implemented for PC on their own right now, rather than waiting for Loot 2.0. That's a fair question and does relate to your original concern, so I've quoted it below (because, hey, why not make a long post longer):

09/03/2013 02:29 PMPosted by Lylirra
Something to keep in mind is that, not only does Loot 2.0 encompass a larger number of changes than those made for the console version, but it's also intended to complement other system updates that will likely have an affect on the item game, things like skill re-balancing, Paragon 2.0, and the addition of features like Loot Runs and Nephalem Trials (which are still in development, too). While we could implement some things here and there in a very piecemeal fashion, in the end it makes more sense--to us, at least (we understand if you might disagree)--that all the components of Loot 2.0 ship together, since they're so closely connected and are ultimately intended to support and build off one another. This does mean more of a wait, which we know isn't the perfect scenario for a lot of players, but it also means that, when Loot 2.0 does ship, it should be a much more fleshed out and complete experience than if various features were implemented on their own.

Also, since we use staggered development (meaning, the PC and console games more or less have separate teams and development cycles), though, it's possible that one game will receive changes before another. Over time, which game that is may switch back and forth depending on where each is in its development cycle. Even so, PC is the lead platform.

So, again: not completely the same, not completely different. The changes made to console contain elements of Loot 2.0, but the experience isn't identical nor is it as comprehensive (also keep in mind that some tweaks were specific to console and are not currently planned for PC).

Hope that helps!

ya know what sucks though, blue....i was watching a stream yesterday of archon playing on xbox...he was level 45 and got legendary boots at that level that are better than my legendary boots and i've been level 60 for a long time now...lol (i dont use rmah...so yeah...lol, not so awesome boots) it's painful to watch it. also...please take note that the next time you sell me a collector's edition pc version and give me those bottled dyes and wings as a prize, that you please not just give it for free to a console. that's not cool at all. i know my collector's edition came with other things...but in game, that was it. i think that's trashy of blizzard. (not you blue...you and i are cool...lol i know you're not running this behind the scenes...lol)

so now, i dont want to play until i see loot 2.0 on my pc...and that will be...at very best, i'm thinking mid next year. i guess skyrim and the newer batman game coming out in october will tide me over.

EDIT: ok the boots werent exactly like mine. minus some armor, but stat wise...yeah
Edited by MajinChiChi#1158 on 9/4/2013 4:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Its quite simple guys. They cant implement loot 2.0 yet because it hasnt been finished yet. (i.e. blizzard being the worlds slowest company)

They also cant implement loot 1.5 (the console version) because then who would buy the console version? They need our 60 dollars.

Then after half a year when the console sales and activity dies down theyll release a patch to pc to get players back to play it and get em hype a little.

Then after a little while theyll drop the expansion now that people care about the pc version once more. Another 40 dollars to be made.

Money. Any company that knows what its doing would do it this way. To prevent practices like this you would need to let your wallet speak. But seeing how many people are streaming/playing the console version already, you guys screwed that one up.
Theyll see their sales and go like "yupp, was the right decision".

And theyll keep doing it.
Reply Quote
I see everyone on streams and elsewhere saying the console has loot 2.0

I don't recall blizzard ever saying this is the loot system we on PC will be getting. Can i get a link if a blizzard employee or rep ever said that? Or can i have confirmation that the console loot system is completely different from the upcoming patch's system?

Nah, it's not exactly the same nor is it completely different. Let me explain that further, though, since that's kind of a vague statement.

So, in the console version, items will drop less frequently, but will typically be of higher quality. There's a chance that when a white or gray item drops, that it will be automatically converted to gold too. These changes were made to help manage the flow of gameplay and keep players in the midst of combat (and out of their inventory screens) as much possible. Inventory management is a little more difficult on the console version than it is on the PC, where you have a mouse to quickly navigate through menus, so this was a pretty key tweak for the PS3 and Xbox 360. Crafting materials and costs were adjusted, as well, to accommodate for the fact that trading components isn't as easy on console as it is PC. Similarly, stats on crafted items were boosted to help smooth the leveling curve and ensure that players could reliably find upgrades.

Some of these adjustments are changes we'd like to make to PC, but many of them were inspired by plans we already had for improving itemization as a part of Loot 2.0 (for example, smart drops, Legendary items that can drop at all levels, and the whole "less, but better" strategy). The console team literally took elements of Loot 2.0 and added them to the PS3 and Xbox 360 experience, and then made some additional changes they felt best suited the console environment and playstyle.

Someone already asked in a different thread why we couldn't just get the changes that were added to console implemented for PC on their own right now, rather than waiting for Loot 2.0. That's a fair question and does relate to your original concern, so I've quoted it below (because, hey, why not make a long post longer):

09/03/2013 02:29 PMPosted by Lylirra
Something to keep in mind is that, not only does Loot 2.0 encompass a larger number of changes than those made for the console version, but it's also intended to complement other system updates that will likely have an affect on the item game, things like skill re-balancing, Paragon 2.0, and the addition of features like Loot Runs and Nephalem Trials (which are still in development, too). While we could implement some things here and there in a very piecemeal fashion, in the end it makes more sense--to us, at least (we understand if you might disagree)--that all the components of Loot 2.0 ship together, since they're so closely connected and are ultimately intended to support and build off one another. This does mean more of a wait, which we know isn't the perfect scenario for a lot of players, but it also means that, when Loot 2.0 does ship, it should be a much more fleshed out and complete experience than if various features were implemented on their own.

Also, since we use staggered development (meaning, the PC and console games more or less have separate teams and development cycles), though, it's possible that one game will receive changes before another. Over time, which game that is may switch back and forth depending on where each is in its development cycle. Even so, PC is the lead platform.

So, again: not completely the same, not completely different. The changes made to console contain elements of Loot 2.0, but the experience isn't identical nor is it as comprehensive (also keep in mind that some tweaks were specific to console and are not currently planned for PC).

Hope that helps!

That's a whole lot of text just to say "Console doesn't have an AH so you can actually get items from monsters"
Reply Quote
09/03/2013 06:34 PMPosted by Nekar
Wow, that took a lot of words to say "Console is basically LOOT 2.0 only NOW". Minor changes for PC will take another SIX MONTHS!!!

i don't see how that is going to be a loot 2.0. anyway, looking forward these changes! my will to play again is renewed with the patch and exp "coming"..!
Edited by UrieleJH#2119 on 9/4/2013 5:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
09/03/2013 06:23 PMPosted by Lylirra
So, again: not completely the same, not completely different. The changes made to console contain elements of Loot 2.0, but the experience isn't identical nor is it as comprehensive

Is the PC version going to contain the drastic changes to loot that we are hoping for? In terms of weapons that don't need to be reliant on the highest dps to be useful, the typical stats that items need to be useful, a rework of the 'weapon dps = damage of every single skill that exists in this game', etc..?
Reply Quote
Sorry to say this guys, but i guess Loot 2.0 won't solve diablo3's issue like many of you are thinking....

The "customization" (or may i say, lack of customization) of your charachter is the problem. Your charachter IS your gear, and that's it. People will always try getting the best DPS (crit%, cc, atacksp, main stat) and defense (resist, vit, armor), and it ends there, some itens will always be better than other because of this... And making your weapon DPS reflect on your habilities/magic dps is the cherry on the top of this rotten cake...

If that is not enough, if i spend 10 bucks in the RMAH now i'll have many times more gold than i've ever had in my late 400 hours of game... it is THAT sad
Reply Quote
The approach by the devs is flawed (surprise surprise). Combining all the systems in one mega patch doesn't do ANYONE good. That's right, not even the devs themselves. Unless of course you define efficient and successful by handing the testing over to us in an even longer and delayed PTR and letting us do all the testing for a thousand weeks before live. Because with the current willing-to-test playerbase and the sheer amount of changes you want to put in one patch for whatever reason that's about as long as it would take.

If that's the case I'll be the first to say I am not participating in PTR. Aint got time to help you this time Blizzard, you should be helping us by just get it right the first time and getting it out as promptly as possible, you've had over half a year already!
Edited by MasterJay#1651 on 9/4/2013 8:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
[quote]
..., but it also means that, when Loot 2.0 does ship....

In other words, we will have to pay for this and it will literally "ship", as in it will be shipped in a box that you pay for at best buy or whatever, not "go live" like the other patches have.
Reply Quote
I hope not!
Reply Quote

With PC being the lead platform, with Loot 2.0 being announced months ago, how can it be that the other platform has a loot 1.5 or whatever you want to call it first.

Months and months with loot being broken, no update in sight, but the consoles get a better system. Sure.

Another awesome decision by blizzard. Can't wait to see whats coming next.
/sacasm off
Reply Quote
Even so, PC is the lead platform.

Oh really...
Reply Quote
09/04/2013 07:20 AMPosted by Peps
The "customization" (or may i say, lack of customization) of your charachter is the problem. Your charachter IS your gear, and that's it. People will always try getting the best DPS (crit%, cc, atacksp, main stat) and defense (resist, vit, armor), and it ends there, some itens will always be better than other because of this... And making your weapon DPS reflect on your habilities/magic dps is the cherry on the top of this rotten cake...

As opposed to how it is in other RPGs? I could not care less about having a skill tree, which is what I assume you are wanting, and am totally fine with my character being my gear. Having the console's loot on the PC version would add to my enjoyment so much that it isn't even funny. Months and months on top of the months and months we've been waiting for more information on the new loot system is ridiculous (let alone all the time we've been waiting since the game was released), we should have at least gotten as much as the console did by now.
Reply Quote
Some of these adjustments are changes we'd like to make to PC, but many of them were inspired by plans we already had for improving itemization as a part of Loot 2.0 (for example, smart drops, Legendary items that can drop at all levels, and the whole "less, but better" strategy)

I just hope that this doesn't mean that when an item drops it is gonna be uber, because this is what's happening on console.

I mean, those uber drops drop too frequently on console.

I hope that Loot 2.0 is a mix of PC Loot 1.0 and Console Loot 1.5 or you're gonna drop end-game gear in 2 days.
Edited by Edriel#2341 on 9/4/2013 10:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
09/03/2013 06:38 PMPosted by Lylirra
Damnit.

hehehe
Reply Quote
09/03/2013 07:09 PMPosted by MASKOAA
PTR for ROS has been confirmed for this year.

I saw that they "hope" to start the beta before the end of the year. Beta and ptr are very different things. Is there a more recent interview that I missed or is that what you are talking about?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]