Diablo® III

console loot system = PC loot 2.0?

I feel better. Back to Loot 1.40001 fun in the 'sun'.
Reply Quote
A única Coisa que penso é DIREITOS IGUAIS, para console e pc.

Quero o Loot 2.0 e o modo offline para pc.

No Brasil quanto aqui é mesma coisa os CMs só dão desculpas esfarrapadas.

A blizzard quer demais vai acabar perdendo quase todos os seus clientes.

Cade o Diretor do jogo para nos dar explicações e datas, estou de saco cheio e vou largar de mão esse jogo, Amei D1 E D2 e estou pegando uma raiva desse D3.

Nós jogadores queremos respostas, se os CMs não tem chamem seus superiores.
Reply Quote
I

Money. Any company that knows what its doing would do it this way. To prevent practices like this you would need to let your wallet speak. But seeing how many people are streaming/playing the console version already, you guys screwed that one up.
Theyll see their sales and go like "yupp, was the right decision".

I just wanted right your wrongs here but meh, you basically got it right. Anyway, a company that is smart and works long term would probably try to keep a solid customer base instead of going for a quick buck. I know, pleasing shareholders and such but in the long term you will lose customers when you dont deliver quality more frequently but tend to screw your customers over and over again. We've seen this in WoW which dropped down to 7.2m which is still a lot but it is dropping. Shareholders dont like such changes. So maybe the tactics used right now may be linked to that. I dont know. But your point is actually right. Wallet voting is the key. If that does not happen, they will keep acting / working as they do it right now. Let's assume there was a method to pressure them, we'd have loot 1.5 already. But there seems to be anything to do except not buying the console version. But if they manage to sell another 10m units they have the key to find an audience for their stuff that is literally mentaly ill. Like the magical recipe to find the stupid customer who buys everything you put in front of his face.
Reply Quote
Actually the streams numbers with diablo3 didn't went that much up... 2,500 viewers, and is not just ps3/xbox channels. Just in the first day it went like 4k tops, and now is down again. Not even near impressive i would say...
Edited by Peps#1747 on 9/4/2013 5:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
My prediction: The loot changes will be delayed in order to bundle with the expansion and then will only be available if you own the expansion. Thus they get people to pay them 40-60$ to fix their game. win win.
Reply Quote
Got that right.

Lyl,

How do you feel when you wake up and come to work everyday knowing that you are just lying and misleading millions of people every day?

Thank god someone else said it. Staggered dev.. How long did you claim there were entirely separate dev teams? The lies, and misleading information is endless with you community managers.
Edited by Menacetech#1216 on 9/4/2013 6:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
09/04/2013 06:00 PMPosted by Menacetech
Thank god someone else said it. Staggered dev.. How long did you claim there were entirely separate dev teams? The lies, and misleading information is endless with you community managers.

They are separate teams, which is why we're able to do staggered development (i.e. PC development cycles and console development cycles are also separate, and PC development is not dependent on console development [console development is dependent on PC development to a degree, however, since PC is the lead platform]).
Reply Quote
Consoles loot system is as bad as PCs.... same junk just with higher stats. We need some diversity. I really hope for every diablo fan and blizz dev that the "loot 2.0" on patch/expantion will bring proper itemization and not just tripple of stats and change drop rates.

ill give 3 examples from D2: Choas (ww with assa), Frontburn (mass mana but other stats bad, still very usefull), trang gloves for +% poison (psn ama, necro..)
Edited by Odin#1507 on 9/4/2013 6:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/04/2013 05:39 PMPosted by AphroThunder
My prediction: The loot changes will be delayed in order to bundle with the expansion and then will only be available if you own the expansion. Thus they get people to pay them 40-60$ to fix their game. win win

Eh, that would be extreme, even for Blizzard. What has been most likely all along is that they release the new loot just ahead of or simultaneous to the expansion as a sales gimmick. People coming back to try the new stuff out are much more likely to just go ahead and buy RoS. Remember, people still playing when they finally release RoS aren't the concern, at this point it can be assured that they would pay Blizzard for literally anything. They will use the pre-expansion patch to boost sales to people that are returning.
Reply Quote
Cant wait to hear all the QQ about trading exploits on consoles. Console loot system makes sense at least.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock

They are separate teams, which is why we're able to do staggered development (i.e. PC development cycles and console development cycles are also separate, and PC development is not dependent on console development [console development is dependent on PC development to a degree, however, since PC is the lead platform]).

People are mad that you guys have been making money off AH because upgrades do not drop so we are forced to buy nearly all our gear off the AH. Now you release the game on another system with no auction house, and what appears to be loot drops that are actually good for your class. If PC is lead team or whatever then why did we not get this fix first? Oh cuz auction house. I know it's not the driving factor but I am sure it plays a role. You guys also don't communicate anything with the player base everything is fluff and lies and WAIT TILL BLIZZCON where you can only hear about it by paying for it or pirating a stream, nice work.

Like for real, most people play hundreds of hours, literal weeks and get a) no upgrades even at real low gear levels b) nothing worth selling. So how then do you get gear? Play the AH or buy gold? Sure dont get it playing the actual game. If you sat in front of your tv for 7 days straight and literally didn't improve your character youd be all WTF as well.
Edited by Vever#1538 on 9/4/2013 7:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
09/04/2013 12:52 AMPosted by google
staggered development

Got that right.

Lyl,

How do you feel when you wake up and come to work everyday knowing that you are just lying and misleading millions of people every day?

Wow, talk about being disrespectful! Hopefully this chap will get permabanned since he can't separate constructive criticism from personal insults.
Reply Quote
09/04/2013 07:42 PMPosted by Doomthulsa

Got that right.

Lyl,

Wow, talk about being disrespectful! Hopefully this chap will get permabanned since he can't separate constructive criticism from personal insults.

For the truth?
Reply Quote
I love everything about the Xbox version expect the following:

1. Skills for all classes do not display Weapon damage percentage.
2. People already are duping items without any problem...once a cheater always a cheater :(.

Blizzard please update these in a patch when u get the chance they both are huge problems!
Other than that the game is great so far. Thank you!
Reply Quote
09/04/2013 06:23 PMPosted by Lylirra

... since PC is the lead platform xD u mean in terms of sales or ? because right now u let us grind a not satisfying game over and over since more than 6 months and u are willing to let d3 in it´s actual state for another more ( 3,6 or even more months )

not funny at all
Reply Quote
There seems to be a serious disconnect between blizzard and the community. How can pc be the lead platform when there hasn't been an update in over 5 months, and no update planned for at least another 3? How can it be justified to have even a single dev working on the console version while the pc version sits in such a sorry state? I'm sorry but to be honest I could care less about which platform you call the "lead", or whether you claim to have "separate" development teams. The track record speaks for it self let me make this simple for you.

Pc version released over 1.5 years ago, no updates in over 5 months, none planned in next 3 months minimum.

Console releases last week with feature that pc users have been BEGGING for since release. Offline mode, loot fixes, etc.

If you don't understand why this makes people upset then I'm sorry but you folks at blizz have lost your way.
Reply Quote
I love everything about the Xbox version expect the following:

1. Skills for all classes do not display Weapon damage percentage.
2. People already are duping items without any problem...once a cheater always a cheater :(.

Blizzard please update these in a patch when u get the chance they both are huge problems!
Other than that the game is great so far. Thank you!

Dupes go hand in hand with offline mode. Just pretend you are playing d2, nobody ever seemd to care about dupes there.
Reply Quote

Come on Lyl.. This is absolutely ridiculous. Proof is in the pudding

I love that the PC is the lead platform, thank god. Oh wait, "lead platform", "Separate dev teams" are 100% meaningless statements. It's shame that development was staggered to the console while the lead platform was left to rot in it's own filth. But it's the lead platform...

It seems everything you say is contradictory to the roller coaster your fans have experienced thus far. Basically, the dev actions, have spoken much louder than your words.
Edited by Menacetech#1216 on 9/5/2013 12:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]