Diablo® III

console loot system = PC loot 2.0?

There seems to be a serious disconnect between blizzard and the community. How can pc be the lead platform when there hasn't been an update in over 5 months, and no update planned for at least another 3? How can it be justified to have even a single dev working on the console version while the pc version sits in such a sorry state? I'm sorry but to be honest I could care less about which platform you call the "lead", or whether you claim to have "separate" development teams. The track record speaks for it self let me make this simple for you.

Pc version released over 1.5 years ago, no updates in over 5 months, none planned in next 3 months minimum.

Console releases last week with feature that pc users have been BEGGING for since release. Offline mode, loot fixes, etc.

If you don't understand why this makes people upset then I'm sorry but you folks at blizz have lost your way.

This. A thousand times this. Lylirra, no disrespect, but it's very hard to reconcile the fact that the console version is flat-out better than the PC version with the claim that PC is the lead platform. I understand that eventually the PC version will be better in many ways, but what do we have to show for it in the meantime? The communication thus far has been that we will be waiting at least a few months for any kind of improvements, and that communication is much appreciated (at least we know something, guys). But, really? PC can't be thrown any kind of a bone? Hell, at this point, I'd settle for another kind of buff like the anniversary one. At least then, I had the orange beams to chase fairly frequently, not an average of once an hour.

The whole process reeks of "here, play (and pay for) a better version of the game, while we fix the brokenness of the original game." I think many of us are feeling a bit used.
Reply Quote
Well hopefully the blizzcon announcements are amazing...... After 8 months of waiting anything less is going to be a bust.
Reply Quote
09/03/2013 06:23 PMPosted by Lylirra
While we could implement some things here and there in a very piecemeal fashion, in the end it makes more sense--to us, at least (we understand if you might disagree)--that all the components of Loot 2.0 ship together, since they're so closely connected and are ultimately intended to support and build off one another.

This is the part that doesn't jive with me - you're perfectly fine releasing it in a piecemeal fashion, as you've just done so with the console version.

Yet it's somehow not fine here, and so we're continuing to wait for fixes and improvements that may not come for 6 months or more.

Why?

Why does the console version get what is essentially a piecemeal version of Loot 2.0, while the PC version continues to labor under the idea that because there is "easier access" to stuff via the AH that it's somehow less needed now (seeing as a mentioned reason for the loot improvements on the console were due to a lack of the AH system)...but is still needed, otherwise we wouldn't be getting Loot 2.0 at some point in the future?

The AH, and the ease of access it provides to gear and materials, had already skewed the balance too far toward simply shopping for what you need, or spending a surprisingly low amount of real money and being able to afford in minutes items you aren't likely to see after weeks or (if truly unlucky) months of playing.

Why should something that skewed continued to be protected, as that seems to be the only reason not to implement some of the improvements - especially the ones that have already been added in another version of your own game?

It feels like Blizzard is placing too much weight on a particular idea as part of the decision making process - that idea being that since all these systems will work off of each other, then they should only be released together, despite any potential improvements to the game should certain aspects be released sooner as pseudo-separate, earlier improvements...which clearly can happen, as it's exactly what was done for the console version. It's sending mixed messages, to be honest.
Reply Quote
can i play the ps3 version on my pc?
Reply Quote
I really don't see why it is so hard to understand. If they released a patch now that made PC the same as console why would people who already have the PC version buy the console one? It is far easier for them to say they aren't releasing it because it is not the complete loot 2.0, which will be done in some distant future, than to admit to their actual intentions.

Also just a FYI to those that don't know anything about game of thrones but the whole "winter is coming" could not be a more accurate statement for the current state of blizzard. It took Martin 5 or 6 years to finish a book he claimed was already half written and only supposed to take a year to 1.5 years tops. So our patch is coming in the same way that "winter is coming" ie f'ing never.
Reply Quote
Thank god someone else said it. Staggered dev.. How long did you claim there were entirely separate dev teams? The lies, and misleading information is endless with you community managers.

They are separate teams, which is why we're able to do staggered development (i.e. PC development cycles and console development cycles are also separate, and PC development is not dependent on console development [console development is dependent on PC development to a degree, however, since PC is the lead platform]).

Why can't you just admit the devs are screwing the PC player base to inflate console sales?
A little honesty from ANY of you would be refreshing
Edited by Paganblade#1675 on 9/5/2013 4:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/05/2013 04:15 PMPosted by Paganblade

They are separate teams, which is why we're able to do staggered development (i.e. PC development cycles and console development cycles are also separate, and PC development is not dependent on console development [console development is dependent on PC development to a degree, however, since PC is the lead platform]).

Why can't you just admit the devs are screwing the PC player base to inflate console sales?
A little honesty from ANY of you would be refreshing

I have a feeling, Begging the Question is an unknown concept to you. Opinion on what you think is true does not necessarily make it true. Opinion =/= Fact
Reply Quote
09/05/2013 08:14 AMPosted by Zyron
since PC is the lead platform]).

I have a hard time believing this.
It certainly does'nt seem like it's in the lead, but perhaps if you could list some features PC will have that console does'nt have, I would believe you.

Right now, console is the lead platform, w/ many more features than PC = fact.

Exclusive only on PC:

1.Online Only
2.Auction House
3.Real Money Auction House
4.Public Test Realm
5.Entire ACSI keyboard to map for 6 skills
6.Diablo 3 profile
7.Botters
8.Authenticator
9.No dodge button, proof of skill
10.More whites/blues, can click to pick up, console has less drops due to difficulty in item pickup.
11.Collector's edition angel/demonic wings
12.Multi-boxing

I just wrote a dozen of them, PC has actually more features than console.
Reply Quote
to be honest I only found one legendary in playing like 20 hours on pc. On the console I have found like 8 or 9 now itll be hard to come back to pc now nless it changes:(
Reply Quote
09/05/2013 07:04 PMPosted by HachiKumo

I have a hard time believing this.
It certainly does'nt seem like it's in the lead, but perhaps if you could list some features PC will have that console does'nt have, I would believe you.

Right now, console is the lead platform, w/ many more features than PC = fact.

Exclusive only on PC:

1.Online Only
2.Auction House
4.Public Test Realm
6.Diablo 3 profile
7.Botters
8.Authenticator
10.More whites/blues, can click to pick up, console has less drops due to difficulty in item pickup.
12.Multi-boxing

dang those are some hawt exclusives!
Reply Quote
Yea i got like 20 in first playthrough haha it's fun as.

On the flip side it won't work on PC and it feels a bit cheap, it's definitely a 1.5 kind of incomplete feel as i got dupes many times. So while the PC players all complaing there are two thing sthat have been said which are wrong.

1) "PC was just used as a test for the console" ~ unfair
that's not true as now it seems pretty clear tome that they are also using the console to test for the PC add on, so everyone loses and everyone benefits at the same time.

2) "should implement this on PC now"
Putting this version on PC would just break the Auction house and dumb down what is there now. Then more people cry about their gear that they spent so long buying is now obsolete. The shortest way i can compare this, is it's like a kid who just had a 5 year old toy taken away, everyone is crying because they think they want it, but they really have no use for it, it's old and simple and just wouldn't be fun.
If you want to play this loot 1.5 version go and buy it on console.
Reply Quote
09/03/2013 11:48 PMPosted by Skillol
Loot 2.0 will be free. How about doing a bit of research before complaining. Might help.
are you sure, seems like they are waiting for all the components of Loot 2.0 ship together in one package. (xpac)
Reply Quote

Exclusive only on PC:

1.Online Only
2.Auction House
4.Public Test Realm
6.Diablo 3 profile
7.Botters
8.Authenticator
12.Multi-boxing

dang those are some hawt exclusives!

Aren't you thankful!?!
Reply Quote
I didn't have time to read the entire thread so if this was addressed oh well I choose to not care if you complain about that so find something else to whine about you always do there are endless things for you to complain about on the net.

About the RMAH I heard somebody say 'less secure on console'..... er pc is way easier to crack, in fact it was why elite on MW3 took longer for only pc users(idc that game sucked anyways compared to MW2 and BO2). I think a normal auction would be good too but rmah would be also however here is an idea for both pc and console....

Just like hardcore you could choose wether the players and worlds you use have access to that so in effect it would balance those who hate or say it imbalances loot and those that like it would be happy. It would also prove what the majority like more, 3 types gold AH RM and Gold And none.

Just a thought.
Edited by Mercy#1281 on 9/6/2013 3:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1.Online Only
2.Auction House
4.Public Test Realm
6.Diablo 3 profile
7.Botters
8.Authenticator
12.Multi-boxing

1. Console has online AND offline.
2. Can live without.
3. Can live without.
4. Can live without. Watch streams, whatever.
5. Can live without.
6. That one I would like to have for console too.
7. Rot in hell.
8. Not needed for the console version anyway ...
9. Proof of skill, really? Because having a dice decide if you dodge or block an attack or not is skill?
10. How does this count as a "feature"? The reduction in amount of items dropped is coming to PC as well by the way. And no, the reduction in amount of items dropped on the console is because -- I'm quoting a blue -- to reduce time spent in menus.
We can all live with less crap loot anyway.
11. PS3 players get Crimson Angelic Wings and Xbox players get the blue version, forgot the what they're called.
12. If you have 4 controllers for your PS3 or Xbox you can have 3 characters follow your main character/the one you decide to control (yes, idle players auto-follow the player who is active).
Sure it's not as good as true multi-boxing, but meh, I consider multi-boxing abuse.

I'm just going to assume you're being ironic.
Edited by Saphiras#2613 on 9/7/2013 1:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Mage
Aside from all the other complaints I am just wondering why there is no roll system for the loot. My gf and i had this awful awful game for the pc. Put up with the servers being down week one, put up with the lack of pvp despite it being a launch day promise. Put up with the inane auction house and horrid loot system. We had previously ordered 2 copys when it came out for pc. Now my sister talks me into buying a single copy and as my gf and I are signed on we realize that very little has changed. You can't call "brawling" pvp it's just an awful add they threw in out of sheer laziness, but Seriously we have a ffa loot system and now after 8 hours of play her character doesn't even carry over to her xbox?! Wtf?! This is just the worst of the worst.
Edited by Blindbraille#1636 on 9/9/2013 12:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
09/03/2013 06:23 PMPosted by Lylirra
There's a chance that when a white or gray item drops, that it will be automatically converted to gold too

you know,everyone in the diablo pc community has wanted this since launch,like an option button,lol
i need to get a phd in computer science and make my own pc game.lol yeah right ,ok going back to act 3 runs.lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]