Diablo® III

finally break 300k dps with legacy nat

I don't have the best legacy nat, but still manage to reach 300k dps @500k EHP just a few days ago. I know its not that much compared to most DH nowadays using mempo and other cookie cutter gear that reaches 400-500k dps.
can I ask the community to make a constructive criticism about my gear, so as to know what other things I can potentially upgrade, would greatly appreciate it. thanks.

diabloprogress: http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/annecurtis-6942/AnneCurtis/7913655
Edited by AnneCurtis#6942 on 8/27/2013 3:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
First not to be a *#@*!##*, but the cookie cutter gear statement is funny as all your other gear besides the legacy set is, well.. cookie cutter :P

Anyways, your gear is pretty much BIS man, so besides busting out the visa there's not a lot of room for improvement there. But, your build could use some work IMO.

As it is now you only have 2 damage abilities (3, with rain of vengeance, every 30 secs..). You either turret RF while in gloom or you are vaulting around and shooting bola.. your edps is pretty crappy. None of your other skills do damage and 2 of your passives are defensive. Your damage is not amplified in any way outside of archery, you need synergy in your skills/passives. I will use my build as an example.

You are obviously experienced as a dh, so im sure you can come up with some things, and i do not own a l4n set. But some of these skills are applicable to you, especially the first 2.

1) Jagged spikes caltrops - these things do tons of damge, can crit( its just not yellow damage, i use these to proc the hell out of nightstalker, so i know they crit), you can stack them, and they don't break rapid fire channel. With l4n you can spam the hell out of these.
-I'd drop ROV for this

2) Cull the weak or steady aim.. easy dps gain right there. Steady aim snapshots so its fairly easy to keep up, but i go with cull the weak cuz i use caltrops and i find it more efficient to not have to worry if i snapshotted at range or not.
- I know you probably love your move speed with tactical advantage but if you want dps, its gotta go. You look like you need to keep perfectionist,

3) Chakram, shuriken cloud - It snapshots shadow power LS (OMG!) and works well with bombardment as you're stationary and mobs just blindly run in.

See the synergy in the build.. its like a damn blender. So where you spam RF, I have RF, multiple jagged spike caltrops, shuriken cloud and all that is magnified by cull the weak. That's EDPS.
Reply Quote
2) Cull the weak or steady aim.. easy dps gain right there. Steady aim snapshots so its fairly easy to keep up, but i go with cull the weak cuz i use caltrops and i find it more efficient to not have to worry if i snapshotted at range or not.
- I know you probably love your move speed with tactical advantage but if you want dps, its gotta go. You look like you need to keep perfectionist.

This..... And totally agree with perfectionist. Tactical advantage for speed farming IMO. But mp 10.... Not really worth it.... Add me OP and let's do some runs... Will introduce you to Other members of GCB clan...
Edited by shingO#6442 on 8/27/2013 7:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
@grandwizard... Add me as well.... Liking your semi glass build....
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VocaloidNyan-1582/hero/27359028
Not a cookie cutter build... Double nate gear.... LOL only Nyan is crazy enough to try Nyan things....
Reply Quote
@shingO, hahaha, that's funny. whats GCB clan shingo? I don't do forums that much, sorry If I have no idea.

thanks for that great feedback guys, I appreciate it.

yeah, I really love tactical advantage, but u made me think twice about using it in higher MPs, especially MP10. I usually do MP6 for DE hording or MP8 sometimes, that's why I have TA. but Im gonna try those skills in MP10, I haven't really explored cull the weak to its fullest. btw, the reason im using ROV-flying strike is for stunning elite kiters like blazing guardian in vota so I can focus my RF to them for a short while until theyre dust. works most of the time, unless theyre so fast and I miss the spot, does happens too.
Reply Quote
GCB is glass cannon build. You have to be rolling under 400 all resist, under 1100 vitality and under 4000 armor... The lower the better..... Without dying too much is the clincher... Vovaloidnyan is active in the forums.... Check out his threads.... Check Dieoxide's threads as well... Good luck....
Reply Quote
@OP

Grandwizard is spot on about your build lacking synergy. To provide you with another example of synergy in an RF build, here's what I do: I use bait the trap, steady aim, and MfD - ME to buff my damage while channeling; ME is an especially important part of my high APS build as let's me channel longer.

BTW, grars on your accomplishment. :)
Reply Quote
Red.... How are ya champ? See ya in game tomorrow.... Inviting these chaps to roll with us....
Edit: Redcell be one of the best dual wield DH out there IMO.
Edited by shingO#6442 on 8/27/2013 7:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Red.... How are ya champ? See ya in game tomorrow.... Inviting these chaps to roll with us....
Edit: Redcell be one of the best dual wield DH out there IMO.

ty

I'll be there.
Reply Quote
I don't have the best legacy nat, but still manage to reach 300k dps @500k EHP just a few days ago. I know its not that much compared to most DH nowadays using mempo and other cookie cutter gear that reaches 400-500k dps.
can I ask the community to make a constructive criticism about my gear, so as to know what other things I can potentially upgrade, would greatly appreciate it. thanks.

diabloprogress: http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/annecurtis-6942/AnneCurtis/7913655

Congrats on hitting 300k! I hit that unbuffed a few months ago and now i have been trying to lift that up slowly but also raise my ehp little by little. Hard to raise the dps and the 500 resist all nowadays without getting lucky on a godly craft lol.

In my opinion you still have plenty of room to improve upon myself included with my legacy set. The slots that could really get improved is the crafted BOA slots but those just take tons and tons of hours lol. Right now im busy working bracers, still trying to get a 250+ mainstat, 140+ vit, 60+ rez all 6cc and if super lucky an armor or -meele/range reduction

also i know its possible to roll shoulders with the stats i have on my vile wards + life% which is rare but doable. Plenty of room for improvement but its just that the improvement now is a serious grind for crafting mostly. Good luck on building your set!
Reply Quote
08/27/2013 07:36 AMPosted by shingO
GCB is glass cannon build. You have to be rolling under 400 all resist, under 1100 vitality and under 4000 armor... The lower the better..... Without dying too much is the clincher... Vovaloidnyan is active in the forums.... Check out his threads.... Check Dieoxide's threads as well... Good luck....

Hey! Im running that build lol!
Reply Quote
COngratzzz Anne!! Good job bud! There are only a few of us left using legacy nats.

I'm pretty happy to see that there are still some folks using my favorite set in the game.

Legacy nats is so versatile! Lovin it =D

<3 L4N
Reply Quote
gz!

go go mp8!
Reply Quote
View profile
300k...

I wish I had that number with dual-wielding and Natalya's Slayer as my main weapon.

Com'n D3RoS, give me more news XD

congrats on the achi!
Reply Quote
infinite discipline to vault around and gloom.
Reply Quote

Hey! Im running that build lol!
Join us.... And we will complete your training...You have no idea of the power of the dark side...
Edited by shingO#6442 on 8/28/2013 8:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]