Diablo® III

☆ The Archon Video Guide Series: by Jaetch

No, hysteria triggers from any critical attack scored by either you or your henchman. So it should be up most of the time. But in order to get most of it make sure you have a good CC to start off with :)
Reply Quote
Need to get this back to the front page. Hopefully it'll get stickied soon.

@RobertVarga
Why hasn't this been linked to in the Wizard Build Compendium?
(Oh, you have the old link further down. Why not listed under Archon guides?)
Edited by Enremeit#1915 on 9/1/2013 3:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Front page isnt' cutting it these days - need big bold letters saying read this guide and pay freaking attention - to be pro you need to study then ask informed questions i dont' care how lazy you are - wanna be good? put the time and effort in.

hell even a sticky would be worth it to go along with the compendium
Reply Quote
Front page isnt' cutting it these days - need big bold letters saying read this guide and pay freaking attention - to be pro you need to study then ask informed questions i dont' care how lazy you are - wanna be good? put the time and effort in.

hell even a sticky would be worth it to go along with the compendium

I honestly don't know how many times I have linked to this thread for new/returning players asking questions.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
09/01/2013 08:17 PMPosted by Colossus
I honestly don't know how many times I have linked to this thread for new/returning players asking questions.

Thanks for that. Sometimes I can't tell if the main video is doing its job or not when I see players who claim they watched it ask questions that have been answered in the video. Questions are fine, if they're asking for additional information beyond what's covered. If not, well... what's the point of the video then...? The timestamps are there for a reason to jump from topic to topic.

/vent
Twitter: @Jaetch
Reply Quote
09/01/2013 10:37 PMPosted by Jaetch
I can't tell if the main video is doing its job or not when I see players who claim they watched it ask questions that have been answered in the video.

It sure as hell helped me. My dps and ehp have tripled since I watched that thing.
Reply Quote
Esp the in depth talk about what items one should actually buy is very helpful.
Reply Quote
I found that archon teleport is essential for high mp10 to dodge dangerous situations like freezing, fire, been crowded etc especially on boss and elites fight. I have like 720k EHP unbuffered but still had problem on high mp without teleport when in archon form.
Reply Quote
09/01/2013 10:43 PMPosted by Colossus
I can't tell if the main video is doing its job or not when I see players who claim they watched it ask questions that have been answered in the video.

It sure as hell helped me. My dps and ehp have tripled since I watched that thing.

Man, if only your shoulders had rolled armor instead of phys resist, they would've been god mode shoulders.
Reply Quote
Actually splurged on a new sword... So I made someone happy with my purchase on the AH.

Either way, nearing the 500K dps when buffed and MP10 seems more viable now. Curious If it is possible to get up to 600K.. but I think that is waaay out of my reach haha.
Reply Quote
09/04/2013 01:54 AMPosted by GoSuPanda
Man, if only your shoulders had rolled armor instead of phys resist, they would've been god mode shoulders.

Yea. Still, they're pretty good, and I haven't been able to craft anything better than them yet.
Reply Quote
09/04/2013 08:15 AMPosted by Colossus

Yea. Still, they're pretty good, and I haven't been able to craft anything better than them yet.

They're gg and you're underestimating how amazing they are. Phys res is one of the best properties you can roll for an archon wiz because it mitigates reflects damage, and 60 phys res is much better mitigation than 200 armor would be. In fact the mitigation vs rd will surpass even str vile wards. The strength roll is pretty much even with an armor roll, giving it over 520 armor in total anyways. 200+ Armor + phys res would be marginally better, but its just splitting hairs.
Reply Quote
This is an amazing guide. Mind = blown!
Thank you very much Jaetch!!!
Reply Quote
09/04/2013 10:02 AMPosted by silverfire
Phys res is one of the best properties you can roll for an archon wiz because it mitigates reflects damage

I wasn't aware the RD was physical damage. That changes things for me.
Reply Quote
Thank you Jaetch for an amazing guide.It helped me immensely.

I had just dinged 60 on my HC wiz and was absolutely lost (my SC wiz was only played for a few months after release). I was about to shelve my wiz when I stumbled on this guide and bought the weapon and o/h and stole my WD's gear and had a crack at some mp1 to get a feel for Archon and had a blast.

Going to review your gear recommendations again and play with d3up to figure out some upgrades.
Reply Quote
also enjoyed this, helped to have everything in one place. just switched from mp10 hota barb to wiz and having a blast.
Reply Quote
hey Jaetch,

Thx a lot for this awesome job ! I was away since few months but now I want to play again, even after months archon is still what I want to play. I sold my WD dog stuff and bought some stuff to up my wiz.

As a lot is said in your vid, I won't ask for personal advices but just one question remains (I hope I didn't miss this info in your vid but it's possible as you speak really fast for non-native :p )

When I quit long ago everybody had a green gem in weap and when I look at your profile you have a red one.
Is that better for this build as we stack a lot of elemental damage or does that matters after a cap ? I'd like to buy more gems so what color should I aim for my weap ?

Thx
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
@zeli - I did cover that in the video. Just import your profile to d3up.com and simulate what an emerald or ruby does for you. Just go with the one that grants you a drastic boost to DPS when fully buffed. The two gems for me are only a few hundred points of DPS apart, but the numbers vary from player to player.
Twitter: @Jaetch
Reply Quote
Thank you so much for making this Video. I just go to watch it a few hours back... really helped my Archon wiz. THOSE TIPS ARE REALLY HELPFUL (Especially the deep freeze buff to archon - never would have thought of using that for archon and simply cancelling and rebuffing).

AWESOME GUIDE!!! It got my archon wiz to 568k DPS! :D~~
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]