Spun $3,500.

F

Spun $5,000.

L

Spun $5,000 again.

P

I'd like to solve the puzzle.

FLAP

That's right, the faster you fly through the game by flapping your Angelic Wings or imaginary wings, the faster you accumulate loot and gold, along with paragon levels for additional gold and magic find stats.

I would like my $13,500 now, please, or is there a bonus round?
Twitter: @Jaetch

Oooh, sorry. We were looking for an acronym. Would you like to buy a vowel?
Reply Quote
Waaaiiit, It's not FLIP?

I'd like to solve the puzzle CB...

*spins wheel*
BANKRUPTCY!!!
damnit!!!! M!! M!!! I want to choose a M!!!!!!
Reply Quote
That barb rune name, run like the wind?
Reply Quote
Okay, FL0Maxx is right, as usual. This game is over, he solves the puzzle, everyone knows what the answer is, the crowd goes wild.
Reply Quote
I'd like to solve the puzzle: R M A H.

:D haha..

But thank you all for posting and providing some insight! I would love to get some help power-leveling, so if anyone wants to add me,: n0ah #1439 (it's a zero, not a capital 'o').

:)
Reply Quote
Flipped than PTW !
Reply Quote
Well this is easy answer. Make a wish, and wait for Santa. If you were not nice thru the year, then just buy 20b golds each time you'll need some.

Look, now you have 20b! Awesome! Worried to spend some? Don't! Just keep yourself under 5beez. With 5+b golds on account, you'll always look like successful guy (in real life too = you'll be surrounded by nice sexy girls all the time).

Basically, all you need is real money which are actually ready to spend, any time. All the zeroes must be visible somewhere (stream it!). Who cares bout your real bank account.

And, flipping? Doesn't work. Trust me. *evil smile*
Reply Quote
@OP p100 and mp10 capable character can pick up more gold than your 500k in one run. Farming and selling can get you over 100mil in a reasonable amount of time. Smart auction house players can turn that 100mil into billions. Or you can just spend a few dollars.

I have never really done any flipping and the most gold I have had was 1.2bill.
Edited by Dirk#1799 on 8/29/2013 7:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I usually pimp out my enchantress and leah in the stone fort. Those guys manning the wall and getting carried off by nightmares will pay a hefty sum for a roll in the hay.
Reply Quote
pimp out leah

jailbait... just sayin is all...
Reply Quote
08/30/2013 07:27 AMPosted by Amos
pimp out leah

jailbait... just sayin is all...

Soldiers on the wall are like honey badgers. Identification.... ain't nobody got time fo dat.
Reply Quote
Hi there,

I picked up Diablo III via annual pass, played till Hell when it was first released, then I quit till a few days ago.

My character, for those interested: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ifalna-2553/hero/2181196

I asked myself the same thing as the OP does.

So far, there seems to be no way in hell (no pun intended) to get ones character MP10 ready, without either:

- getting carried / receiving gifts
- playing "Demonic Auction Tycoon 3000-XL"™
- paying € for gear (Do peeps really spend ~100 Bucks for some game items? O_o )

Making 1-10 mil via farming ain't a big deal it just takes a little patience.
But good items cost 100s of millions.

I don't know, maybe it's the wow player in me that thinks "you don't play the real game if you don't play on MP10" but am I really missing anything that's worth stressing out over or should I just be content farming low MP levels and slaying stuff when I feel like it and having fun with my purple deathball?
Edited by Ifalna#2553 on 8/30/2013 10:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Making 1-10 mil via farming ain't a big deal it just takes a little patience.
But good items cost 100s of millions.

Arguably, you can craft 5 out of your 13 slots beyond anything an end game item on the Ah can offer.

I have a guide that details out how to acquire these materials and then enough gold to craft these items...essentially covering the cost of those crafts.

I can promise you, even with meh gear, if you roll a GG ammy or Gloves or Bracers...you will advance...at no "real" cost to you.
Reply Quote
Are you talking about these?
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/artisan/blacksmith/recipe/archon-gauntlets-of-intelligence
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/artisan/blacksmith/recipe/razorspikes-of-intelligence

at no "real" cost to you.

I find that "real cost" theme in your guide quite perplexing and mathematically flawed. You basically assign a monetary value of "0" to your time invested. A mistake lots of gamers make when they try to assess what they want to sell a crafted item / material for.
Reply Quote
So far, there seems to be no way in hell (no pun intended) to get ones character MP10 ready, without either:..

It's possible, just takes patience and smart shopping. I don't flip or buy gold, my wiz is MP10 efficient, my barb mp8 - 9 and DH mp6-7. The barb and DH were both built from scratch recently with less than 200m gold apiece, the wiz gear minus crafting costs and two self found pieces (upgrading out of incredibly weak / cheap ones) was in the neighborhood of 850m.

I've never gotten exceptionally lucky drops, only 3 items have sold for more than 100m. I've still pulled about 2 billion from the game in softcore selling drops for 500k - 50m and vendoring rares / picking up gold. That's in about 1100 hours of play since returning to the game in 1.05. Obviously that's a lot of time, and compared to how cheap gold is to purchase some would say a waste, but it's a game and advancing my characters via flipping or the RMAH isn't interesting to me at all.

You can find really good deals on the AH occasionally just decide what your easiest to upgrade pieces are and search the AH for a couple minutes after every few runs looking for something solid. Don't waste gold on sidegrades or insignificant upgrades. Remember what is listed on the AH is NOT fair market value, 95% of everything on there is attempted flips for profit or overpirced garbage. The AH is everything that is not selling. People still make money at it because noobs buy gold and go build a 13 piece set on buyout by picking things with the most green numbers regardless of cost vs gain.

Learn your class, learn what the gear can roll so you know what's good and what's perfect, and be patient. It's possible to get up there, just don't expect it to happen fast.
Reply Quote
08/30/2013 01:10 PMPosted by Ifalna
I find that "real cost" theme in your guide quite perplexing and mathematically flawed. You basically assign a monetary value of "0" to your time invested. A mistake lots of gamers make when they try to assess what they want to sell a crafted item / material for.

Well you can't sell any of the Archon Crafted's so that's just irrelevant.

I didn't make a mistake. Think a little bit beyond the math.

The "time" you are saying I failed to assign a cost to, offers a guaranteed return when you follow my guide. Guaranteed. You do the run, you make the gold, you spend that gold on crafting. I'm not saying you will earn the amount of gold farming with my guide to go buy a legitimate pair of pants, dude. However, you incur no net loss of gold. You gain. You DO, yes, lose time. I don't think I'd define my time played as "cost". I have fun when I'm playing this game...so my "cost" is "x" amount of time experienced as "enjoyment"...in return, I lose nothing, I get a shot at making something beyond what I can buy on the AH...and I level up my character instead of AH'ing 24/7.

Can you outdo me in AH3...well...no, you probably can't, but yes, obviously it can be done...but a vast majority of people who play this game can not flip effectively whatsoever. And many of them don't even want to...but when they feel like there are only the 3 possible outcomes that you listed as a way to advance, I simply offer an alternative...which has worked for many people already.
Edited by Melkor#1521 on 8/30/2013 1:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@Snack: Agreed, the AH should always be used with caution and with background research. Fortunately, as an Archon, Jaetch took care of the latter for me.

@Melkor:
I agree with you that AH-reselling, while effective, sucks. If I wanted to stare at walls of texts and numbers, I would play a browser game.

offers a guaranteed return when you follow my guide. Guaranteed.

Last time I checked, Crafting was about as random as loot drops are. Please do correct me if i'm wrong and Blizzard fixed it somehow.

What your guide guarantees is a roll of the dice.

You have 2 approaches:
Farm gold till you have the funds to buy sth. on the AH.
Farm and craft, hoping that you may get lucky.

The first one GUARANTEES you your <item of desire>, the latter does not.

It comes down to your luck, whether the crafting is an effective means, since I do not know the probabilities of getting a decent item, I can't form a hypothesis as to which is more effective.

I don't think I'd define my time played as "cost".

That depends on whether you are farming while doing what you want to be doing, or farming a boring part to get geared to be able to experience the fun part.

In the latter case, time spend is a cost that should be taken into account, because you risk burnout if you farm the boring part too hard.
Reply Quote
08/30/2013 02:18 PMPosted by Ifalna
Last time I checked, Crafting was about as random as loot drops are. Please do correct me if i'm wrong and Blizzard fixed it somehow.

The new archon crafting is fantastic. 200 guaranteed mainstat is a gigantic boost in probability of getting something not only useable but really good. I've spent probably somewhere around 200m in crafting costs, but it's netted me gear that would have cost billions on the AH. The only characters you ever see anymore that aren't wearing 2 - 3 crafted pieces are on people who shop more than they farm or folks who bought amazing gear before archon crafting came out and haven't been able to beat an already astronomically improbable roll.

There's really no reason to ever spend more than 20m on shoulders, gloves or amulets anymore unless you're impatient. After spending that much crafting for those slots you'd have to be insanely unlucky to not get something that would have cost at least 100m on the AH. Only reason to buy bracers is if you need Lacunis, and the crafted chests can be gigantic also.
Edited by Snack#1534 on 8/30/2013 2:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
08/30/2013 02:31 PMPosted by Snack
The only characters you ever see anymore that aren't wearing 2 - 3 crafted pieces are on people who shop more than they farm or folks who bought amazing gear before archon crafting came out and haven't been able to beat an already astronomically improbable roll.

WTC (willing to craft) better gloves and amulet. Bracers and gloves already went to my WD. Still trying for my main wizard...
Twitter: @Jaetch
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]