Diablo® III

Need help tweaking my meteor wiz

I seem to run low on mana at times. I have inna pants with int/vit I could use. Any suggestions I can tweak with my gear or skills?

Thanks,

Scott
Reply Quote
have u considered meteor reduction gear/ ie an oculous or similar type source?
Reply Quote
Yeah the trick is to find pants with crit damage -that will help boost you

they are exceptionally rare, only ubers with 4 stack will have a chance to drop
I'm pretty sure only magda will drop them and only if you kill her first - similar to how wirts leg drop works.
Edited by Amos#6777 on 8/31/2013 10:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
For fast arcane regen, use Chantodo's Will + Force set combo :-)
Reply Quote
Swap triumvirate for oculus with meteor cost reduction (-5), double int roll (200+) or double int+vit and high %elite damage. Tal Rasha's Unwavering Glare works too, can roll very high int+vit stats and you will gain +3% fire when using fire based meteors. This was the easy part, next you might want either SoJ with meteor reduction or skullgrasp with meteor reduction which is very hard to find with correct stats and the most expensive will be to move crit chance from left ring slot to your pox.
Reply Quote
This may not be the answer you want....but I got into Wiz for the meteor. Worked my butt off. Spent lots, but in the end there's a reason everyone uses WW/ explosive blast. It's easier and works better. If you got the dough a Maras with reduction works well. And Cham is right as well. I found the sword just doesnt cut it....
Reply Quote
After playing with my meteor wiz more I think I had more fun being an archon so I'm regearing. Thanks anyways for the help.
Reply Quote
09/01/2013 07:30 PMPosted by Shoe
After playing with my meteor wiz more I think I had more fun being an archon so I'm regearing. Thanks anyways for the help.
Gearing for Meteor is not for the faint-hearted, as it's one of the most difficult build to gear properly for (unlike Archon and SNS). But then again that's one of the many joys and frustrations of being a Meteor wizard. :)
Reply Quote
Meteors are bad and needs a buff.

But If I were to use meteor (not that I do), I'd go with an SNS type build with:
30 APOC
Prism instead of Shards
Some Meat Reduction gear
and Molten for farming, Liquefy for Ubers

Kinda like in my profile....except I wont run Meteors till we get a buff.
Reply Quote
09/01/2013 08:35 PMPosted by Ryoka
except I wont run Meteors till we get a buff.
OMG, help me Ryoka!!!! My handy dandy BS detector seems to be giving off some really crazy readings. What do I do? I think it might be broken or something. :p
Reply Quote
09/01/2013 09:49 PMPosted by TekkZero
except I wont run Meteors till we get a buff.
OMG, help me Ryoka!!!! My handy dandy BS detector seems to be giving off some really crazy readings. What do I do? I think it might be broken or something. :p

Your BS radar needs a buff....just like Meteor :>

Seriously....runes aside, Meat does 260% and HOTA does 325%. Flavor wise, how does a man swinging a hammer, do that much more damage than a flaming boulder shooting down?
Reply Quote
Seriously....runes aside, Meat does 260% and HOTA does 325%. Flavor wise, how does a man swinging a hammer, do that much more damage than a IMMENSE flaming boulder shooting down FROM THE SKY?

fixed

also wave of light does 829% dmg whats ups with that
Reply Quote
09/01/2013 11:25 PMPosted by Ryoka
Seriously....runes aside, Meat does 260% and HOTA does 325%. Flavor wise, how does a man swinging a hammer, do that much more damage than a flaming boulder shooting down?

Valid.
Reply Quote
09/01/2013 11:25 PMPosted by Ryoka
Sure, but that doesn't change the fact, that both you, I, and many others will both will still be using Meteor whatever Blizzard does! We're not fairweather fans, but loyal fans with a legitimate grievance! The sobering statistics from diablo.somepage.com consistently show that Meteor is not popular, as less than 10% of wizards use Meteor.

The biggest issue with Meteor is that it's not a good choice for your average wizard. Meteor either needs to be more spammable like it was with the APoC bug back in 1.0.7, or have its DPS significantly buffed. Right now the resource cost is way too high for its damage output. And it's not just Meteor that has a big problem, but Arcane Torrent, Arcane Orb, Ray of Frost, and Disintegrate too.
Reply Quote
Arcane torrent isn't that bad. 285% weapon damage for 16 arcane power. The hit radius isn't as big as a meteor is but you get a lot more "mini missiles" to every meteor you can cast so it's pretty easy to walk the channelling over a group of monsters and rack up a few hits. It's pretty good against a single target which I usually use it for. Just ignore my current flower girl set up, i'm just experiementing there.

Maybe you meant to say Hydra instead of arcane torrent?! :-)
Reply Quote
09/02/2013 12:14 AMPosted by TekkZero
And it's not just Meteor that has a big problem, but Arcane Torrent, Arcane Orb, Ray of Frost, and Disintegrate too.

you forgot hydra and wave of force... to this day, aside from giving yourself breathing room (which doesn't even work on large monsters i.e. bosses) I have no idea why it's a force spell does. It does squat for damage and has a cooldown... and hydra... love it as much as I do, it doesn't proc Loh/LS/APoC, does pitiful damage, and you only get one of them. Next to Blizzard, Meteor and Energy Twister, they feel like empty and wasted potential.
Reply Quote
Arcane torrent isn't that bad. 285% weapon damage for 16 arcane power. The hit radius isn't as big as a meteor is but you get a lot more "mini missiles" to every meteor you can cast so it's pretty easy to walk the channelling over a group of monsters and rack up a few hits. It's pretty good against a single target which I usually use it for. Just ignore my current flower girl set up, i'm just experiementing there.

Maybe you meant to say Hydra instead of arcane torrent?! :-)
I didn't say say Arcane Torrent is bad. :lol I'm actually a personal fan of Arcane Mines.

But my view is that if people think Meteor needs a buff, Arcane Torrent is badly in need of one too. See even Meteor (or Arcane Torrent for that matter) isn't terrible or bad, nor was Firebats before they buffed it in 1.0.8. People have created MP10 viable builds for all of the spells I listed above. The issue is that they aren't as competitive when you stack them against more popular spells across the classes. However, just look at the changes of Firebats and Rapid Fire. Those skills went from being unpopular to very popular simply by a hefty damage buff.
Edited by TekkZero#1963 on 9/2/2013 8:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Posted by Amos
Yeah the trick is to find pants with crit damage -that will help boost you

they are exceptionally rare, only ubers with 4 stack will have a chance to drop
I'm pretty sure only magda will drop them and only if you kill her first - similar to how wirts leg drop works.

Posted by TekkZero
My handy dandy BS detector seems to be giving off some really crazy readings.

This is the only thing I am taking away with me from this thread.
Reply Quote
Yeah, either reduce cost of Meat, give us double APOC bug again, or let it do like 1000% damage (not unfathomable since Bell does 800%+).

New level 70 Rune Unlocked - Fire Golem
Upon impact, Meteor deals 1000% damage to a double radius, stuns all monsters, and burns for double duration. It also spawns a Fire Golem that fights by your side. However, it now has a 10 second cool down.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]