Diablo® III

Advice please

So i have been playing my wiz for a bit and want to get some gear and build advice.

here is my profile http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/cade-1277/hero/32899452
Reply Quote
Get a 1.64APS+ Chanto's and replace that 6IAS ring with a 9IAS. You're at 2.623APS... getting to 2.73APS should be too hard from where you are.

Personally, I would switch Zuni's armor for Tal's then switch Inna's pants with BT's. You don't lose the IAS, but you'll need to high AR BT's to match Zuni's loss whilst gaining even more LoH.

Your AR is also a bit low.. try to bump up your AR:armor ratio around 700:4000. You're currently at 480:3660.

Your CC is 48 with an OS Storm Crow.. what MP are you playing? High MP with higher CC might be more beneficial.

Lastly, get rid of Unstable Anomoly. You're not playing HC or Archon. A CM wizard with UA is a bit of a problem when they knock everything away. Besides, there are pretty much no death penalties in SC. Also change your armor to either Shocking Aspect (for more DPS) or Prismatic (for more defenses).
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Wizard)
View profile
Well, the overall advice for a CM wiz to to move to being an SNS wiz...i.e. build in enough mitigation (total damage reduction that you see on d3up (your profile: d3up.com/b/1004289/seonce)) that you can drop Energy armor and go with Storm Armor: shocking aspect - it will increase your DPS by 40%. No joke.

The minimum mit% that I suggest for SNS is 85% for the lower MP's...you're at almost 82%. So, you have a long way to go...bit it'll really be worth it. As you add more mitigation (AR on lacunis, Witching hour, gloves, ring, etc) you can drop Energy and Storm armor and have alot more eDPS (effective DPS). It won't show up in your sheet DPS, but I will when you're playing. I'd also suggest getting a 5 or 6 CC Storm Crow. Yeah, you'll lose the +exp, but that CC will add alot do DPS and your freezing and the overall way the build works. Youll get alot more experience out of playing at the higher MP's this way then playing at lower MP's with the +exp gem.

Also, check out my guide below. Cheers!!

..pie
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Wizard)
View profile
@mrduma

The passives are interesting to debate. I guess i'd say that if he's only running at the 2.5 breakpoint that evocation would be the better passive...it will really help the freeze. however, running Unstable Anomoly, especially if you're playing SOLO can be really beneficial....it keeps you from having to retrace a mostly empty map if you die in the middle. If you're playing in a group, then just rez and flag. But, yeah, you do have to be carefull with UA when playing solo as well....since it does a wave of force, it knocks everything off of your twisters...and you have to regroup carefully or you'll just die again. It just depends on the situation.
Reply Quote
Hmm. thank you guys.
i shall look into the gear changes when servers are back up. assuming im not at work.
Reply Quote
ok. so i made some gear adjustments. (i know the chest is meh) ballin on a budget here :P
any other advice or things to work towards?
Reply Quote
ok. so i made some gear adjustments. (i know the chest is meh) ballin on a budget here :P
any other advice or things to work towards?

Need to work on getting more All Resist and armor. You are also still short of the 2.73 breakpoint. Need to change the 8 ias to a 9 on 1 or 2 items.
Edited by GoSuPanda#1180 on 8/28/2013 2:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Get 3 more ASI. You're really low on AR. Get some more (bracers, belt, chest?) so you can lose some of the Vit. You can afford to lose the LoH on the Amulet, so don't hesitate to switch to a better DPS rare if you come across one.
Reply Quote
yeah I have to use the enchantress to hit the break point.
and thank you guys for the help!
Reply Quote
Quoted from PieHole
@mrduma

The passives are interesting to debate. I guess i'd say that if he's only running at the 2.5 breakpoint that evocation would be the better passive...it will really help the freeze. however, running Unstable Anomoly, especially if you're playing SOLO can be really beneficial....it keeps you from having to retrace a mostly empty map if you die in the middle. If you're playing in a group, then just rez and flag. But, yeah, you do have to be carefull with UA when playing solo as well....since it does a wave of force, it knocks everything off of your twisters...and you have to regroup carefully or you'll just die again. It just depends on the situation.

I really wish these forums had some sort of notification system so when you are replied to, you know. Completely missed your post.

IMO, UA shouldn't be used if you're a CM/WW build. Anything else is fine.. Archon, meteor, SS (maybe? I've never tried SS) and definitely in HC. The way I see it, if you're running CM/WW and you are alert and observing well, you don't need UA so long as you are geared for that MP level. Of course there are the WTF moments where you die to lag or some crazy stack of CC effects, but really, if it's lag, you're dead anyway and if it's a crazy CC, you shouldn't be there in the first place.

In the event that you get vortexed into frozen shards with a molten explosion nearby whilst standing on plague, then yeah... it *might* be useful.. but you've probably already died to one of those already. The amount of times you'll be saved by UA under those circumstances is far less than the gains you will get from something else, ie Evocation for better freeze.

I have tried UA before since I heard "OMG, you can't get one shot anymore!".. but yeah... it was heaps annoying to regroup all the packs. Sometimes you push everything away but some skeleton archer will still kill you from just outside your WoF range.
Edited by MrDuMa#1541 on 8/29/2013 9:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]