Diablo® III

Barb or Monk on a tiny budget?

So I want to start up playing again, but I gave away all my gear when I quit. I'm sitting on 14 million gold to gear a nude character. So with such a small budget which class do you think I would get the best bang for my buck in paragon farming with? Tempest Rush Monk or Whirlwind/Rend Barb? I can't decide!
Reply Quote
Dear Nephalem Abysthor,

You are posting on a Barb forum! Of course the correct response here will be Barb. I think you can build nice R&R (Rend & Run) trash farmer on a low budget at long as you are favoring P-lvling as your main objective over Essence farming or E packs.

GL HF
Reply Quote
I have both a P100 barb and a P100 monk, and barb will be much cheaper to gear. For paragon farming, you can likely farm at twice the XP/hour with a barb compared to a monk.

Here's a good budget guide to get you started:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/1f3ek1/guide_to_building_a_barb_in_108/
Reply Quote
Monk is the most expensive char to build I guess..... Barb and DH is the cheapest, that's just my opinion.
Reply Quote
DH the cheapest? I dunno bout that
Reply Quote
TBH with 14m your not gonna get a whole lot of anything.

My monk cost me 185m not including gems and that was before the gold glitch.
My barb is a work in progress with minimal value at best.

My advice is pick the class you wanna play not what you can afford.
Have some fun and enjoy the game.
Reply Quote
@ BumblyWumbly

Budget WW/rend sets have been made that are competitive in farming efficiency against much higher end gear/builds for other classes.
Reply Quote
Barb, hands down. We have tons of ways to get free crit chance (Ruthless, Weapons Master, Battle Rage, WotB, etc.) so we don't have to stack as much on our gear. Crit chance is an expensive stat, so this definitely helps. We also have great defensive skills, like War Cry, Bloodthirst, and Nerves of Steel.
Reply Quote
@ BumblyWumbly

Budget WW/rend sets have been made that are competitive in farming efficiency against much higher end gear/builds for other classes.

You kinda missed my point.
OP has a paragon lvl 55 barb and a paragon lvl 11 monk.

So out of the 2 when you played to get them to that point,what one did you like the best.
Personally I found TR to be a bit boring.
Have never run a ww/rend build.
Something made you quit the 1st time and my guess was boredom.
Find a play style that you will enjoy and go from there.
Reply Quote
Monk wins if you can find a flag party to play with you.

Barb wins if you want to solo.
Reply Quote
Play a WD Cob build. I think it's cheaper to get good damage than to try and get a Monk rolling with good enough AR. Barb an be pretty cheap too for a WW build. Lots of items for the sniping.

Best party builds I played so far to date is a CM Wizard / Cyclone monk / 0 dog / HotA or WD CoB
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]