Diablo® III

Houston we have a problem! Paragon 2.0

The new Paragon 2.0 will add the total paragon levels of all your characters. Well that’s great and all and I love this idea. But if you have 5 characters with an average of 50 paragon levels on each that will make your account paragon level 250. On the other hand, a player with 1 character with paragon level 100 will have an account paragon level of 100.

Is that fair? If I enjoy playing 1 or 2 characters I’ll suffer and be not ready for the expansion vs. someone who has 5 characters and end up being higher paragon account than me who played more and went through a lot to get to paragon 100. You call this justice?

Something has to be done that will make sure both type of players are rewarded equally. One idea I had was upon installing the expansion, we get a message saying “you have been given xxx paragon levels” if you only had 1 character with level 100 with tons of hours. These levels need to match the same player that had 5 characters at paragon level 50 each. This way when both players are ON and start playing the expansion, both are level 250 and even.
Reply Quote
View profile
Its not based on the level themselves but the associated xp. Two level 50 paragon will not be the same as a level 100 but more like 75.
Reply Quote
08/26/2013 02:45 PMPosted by DuckOfDeath
Its not based on the level themselves but the associated xp. Two level 50 paragon will not be the same as a level 100 but more like 75.

Not true. Paragon levels are added as a summation. Look it up. Not sure where you came up with your equation.
Reply Quote
That is not true op, xp from paragon lvls will be summed up, not the lvls. So if you have two paragon 100 chars you wont get paragon 200, more like ~120, as only the experience will be added...
Reply Quote
You want to talk fair? Talk to some of the players who invested tons of time before paragon levels....kids these days.
Reply Quote
08/26/2013 02:49 PMPosted by SnowCatcher
That is not true op, xp from paragon lvls will be summed up, not the lvls. So if you have two paragon 100 chars you wont get paragon 200, more like ~120, as only the experience will be added...

Well, we need clarification then. From what I read from blues, paragon levels are added up. Meaning if you have 2 characters one with level 20 and the other with level 30, your account will be level 50. On the other hand if you only had one character with level 45, your account will be paragon level 45.
Reply Quote
Not true. Paragon levels are added as a summation. Look it up. Not sure where you came up with your equation.

Its a summation of experience... not levels. Go back and read the tweet from Llyria.
Reply Quote
08/26/2013 02:50 PMPosted by Blazed
You want to talk fair? Talk to some of the players who invested tons of time before paragon levels....kids these days.

I’m not complaining about the time spent prior to paragon introduction kiddo. I spent more time than you anyways. Look at your elite kills and mine.
Reply Quote
08/26/2013 02:58 PMPosted by AlexTheGreat

Well, we need clarification then. From what I read from blues, paragon levels are added up. Meaning if you have 2 characters one with level 20 and the other with level 30, your account will be level 50. On the other hand if you only had one character with level 45, your account will be paragon level 45.

Lyarria already clarified this on her twitter. It's cumulative EXP, not Paragon levels, which is totally fair.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Everything *I'M* looking at says paragon levels will not be added up. Only your paragon experience will.

Which makes sense, because just adding levels together would be incredibly retarded, and would take maybe two seconds of thought to figure out.
Reply Quote
08/26/2013 03:01 PMPosted by Taganov

Lyarria already clarified this on her twitter. It's cumulative EXP, not Paragon levels, which is totally fair.

Ok fair enough. Case closed then. Thank you.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
When the time comes we will be converting your total Paragon experience into the Paragon 2.0 system, as opposed to a direct level to level transfer. However, there are a lot of details about the transition that still need to be finalized before we're ready to talk about them all. We definitely plan on talking more about it in the future, so keep an eye out for those updates.
Reply Quote
With the way XP curves up, even if you have 5 plvl 100 characters you won't be anywhere even close to plvl 500.

The xp difference between 99 and 100 is 2.678%. If we increase the amount of xp every level past that, and you have 5 plvl 500 chars, you will be plvl 164 or so. Yes, the curve will probably lessen a little bit, but even assuming a 1% increase per level you would only be plvl 269.

Besides, you aren't suffering. You can easily start a new character now if you would like a HEAD START towards plvl in Paragon 2.0. Right now you are still benefiting from the extra stats, gold find and magic find.
Reply Quote
Ok so, 1 question then... Are you still gaining para xp when you are 100? Like If im 100 on my barb should i start leveling paragon on my wizard? Or can i keep going with the barb at 100 and continue accruing xp?
Reply Quote
basically all the blue posting today sums up to this

"soon"

The news just came out for the expansion and you hope to get all the answers now... good logic.
Reply Quote
08/26/2013 03:16 PMPosted by Grimiku
When the time comes we will be converting your total Paragon experience into the Paragon 2.0 system, as opposed to a direct level to level transfer. However, there are a lot of details about the transition that still need to be finalized before we're ready to talk about them all. We definitely plan on talking more about it in the future, so keep an eye out for those updates.

Thanks for the info Grim, looking forward to a nice juicy blizz blog-post! Pretty pictures et al.
Reply Quote
I bet the console gets people interested in the pc version of the game.
Reply Quote
To the OP; Well BOOHOO to your Problem. They played the game MORE than you did, so THEY DESERVE IT. If you want to be at their level, THEN PLAY THE GAME, NOT THE AUCTION HOUSE. SUCK IT UP.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]