Diablo® III

Holy Ruby Gems in helms!! Stop the madness!

MVP - Diablo III (Wizard)
View profile
That's all I see nowadays!! Isn't it more worthwhile to add a gem for more EHP (mempo) or get 5 or 6CC (for Storm Crow) and ditch your hellfire for a nice rare/set ring and challenge higher MP content?

I mean, there's 30% difference in EXP between MP4 and 6. You get get a +30% exp reby gem......or.....just gear a little better for MP6 then you get all of the +MF, +GF, +Bonus item as well.

edit....yeah...plus like Jaetch said....the exp bonus for playing in groups!!

Come on guys....this patch isn't coming out till when...thanksgiving? Christmas? Next year? The week before the XPAC? They'll be a month of PTR to announce its coming.

Back of the the ledges....and stop using ruby gems in helms. They just mess up your builds.

----------------
TL;DR - If you typically cruise on MP10 and want to run with ruby or hellfire for the +EXP...knock yourself out. If you are on the lower MP's you are better off gearing a little better and playing ONE MP higher, than playing poorly with a ruby gem and/or Hellfire ring.
(discussion below)
http://d3xp.weebly.com/
----------------

Edited by PieHole#1628 on 8/27/2013 12:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
I don't use any EXP gear whatsoever besides a Leoric's and Hellfire on my follower. A good ruby is still a smart choice. However, I still average about 130-140M EXP per hour solo MP10. It's easily 200-250M or more in a semi-casual 4-man team.
Edited by Jaetch#1861 on 8/27/2013 11:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I put a Marquise Ruby in my helm, a Leorics signet on my follower, and a hellfire on my follower. And I play mp10.
Reply Quote
MP10 + 4 Players Bonus + 5NV + HF Ring + Ruby Gem = 1390% XP

Those bonuses add up when you're talking about grinding millions and millions of XP.

It's a lot easier to itemize for XP on a barb, monk, or WD, but harder for a CM/WW Wiz.
Edited by Junger#1623 on 8/27/2013 11:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I rolled a barbie and she can run 8-10 OK with Ruby so might as well pump up the exp.
Reply Quote
View profile
Well, yes...if you're MP10 and you can slot in a ruby, fine. I just see alot of lower MP people using Ruby's when I think they'd be better off using better gear and challenging higher MP's. That's all.
Reply Quote
I am a barb..I can do anything! FEEL THE OP PIEHOLE FEEL IT!!
Reply Quote
View profile
I don't like seeing you as a barb MasterJay,...its just not right.

Who are you, anyway?

Pro tip: Gear with CC to WW/ET doesn't work on a WW barb. They're different.
Reply Quote
I didn't know you get full exp bonuses from Leorics/Hellfire in followers. Does that mean that if your follower and you are wearing Leorics/Hellfire, you'd be getting another possible 65%?
Reply Quote
08/27/2013 11:52 AMPosted by MrDuMa
I didn't know you get full exp bonuses from Leorics/Hellfire in followers. Does that mean that if your follower and you are wearing Leorics/Hellfire, you'd be getting another possible 65%?

You get 20% of MF, GF, XP Bonuses that your followers wear.
Reply Quote
View profile
So, here's a great website for calculating experience:

d3xp.weebly.com

So, if you're playing on MP4 with a 33% gem in a group of 4 with 5 stacks you get 519% experience.

Swap to a 5 CC Storm Crow for instance (or a %life gem in a mempo for more EHP) so you could do MP5 better and you'd be getting 543% experience.

In fact, in EVERY SINGLE CASE, playing simply 1 MP higher (with better gear) is worth more than the MP that you normally play on with a 33% ruby gem.

Just sayin'

Now, say for instance, you want to play MP4 with hellfire and ruby. That would beat out playing MP5 with neither. But, more than likely, you've decreased your effectiveness so much using the hellfire and ruby that running MP4 would probably be tough. So, maybe you drop down to MP3 so you can play more easily and still get the +EXP from both hellfire and ruby. Colossal mistake.

TL;DR - If you typically cruise on MP10 and want to run with ruby or hellfire for the +EXP...knock yourself out. If you are on the lower MP's you are better off gearing a little better and playing ONE MP higher, than playing poorly with a ruby gem and/or Hellfire ring.

Edited by PieHole#1628 on 8/27/2013 12:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hmm... in that case I might switch to out SC for Mempos and go Archon instead of CM/WW for now.
Reply Quote
I just don't like to die (unlike Melkor; sorry bro couldn't resist :P) so I'm keeping my purple people eater and playing in as many fast MP 10 full parties as possible.
Reply Quote
08/27/2013 12:00 PMPosted by Moridin
I just don't like to die (unlike Melkor; sorry bro couldn't resist :P) so I'm keeping my purple people eater and playing in as many fast MP 10 full parties as possible.

-_- I knew it was coming.
Reply Quote
08/27/2013 12:04 PMPosted by Melkor

Just wait untill our VOTA run. You can laugh at me all you want because I think I'll be dying quite a bit my friend. As evidenced in our practices. :)
Reply Quote
08/27/2013 12:06 PMPosted by Moridin

Just wait untill our VOTA run. You can laugh at me all you want because I think I'll be dying quite a bit my friend. As evidenced in our practices. :)

Don't back peddle out of your insults now, boy! The line in the Desolate Sands has been drawn.
Reply Quote

Don't back peddle out of your insults now, boy! The line in the Desolate Sands has been drawn.

I think you already won that battle last night with one phrase which I shall not repeat here.

GG!
Reply Quote
I take pride in knowing that anyone who has acquired a Ruby Gem in the last 6 days has most likely gotten it from me. :)
Reply Quote
I put ruby in helm, and still do mp 10..Work good for me!!! No hellfire though...other than follower!!!
Reply Quote
I've been leveling my 2nd barb as well as my WD lately, and I can say that using a hellfire + ruby is worth it as it ends up giving 10-25 mil more XP/hour.

When I was leveling my wizard, crafting a useable hellfire ring made a big difference for me too.

So far, the best XP I've gotten is with a 1 Wiz + 3 barb party, we managed to get around 350mil/h yesterday and that was far from optimized too. The wizard is pretty much only there to make the 5 stacks in vota go faster/easier, then it's just mooching off the barb's rend damage for the rest of the run. Unfortunately, my friend's wizard doesn't have a good hellfire ring so he was probably getting a little less XP than us barbs.
Edited by zylog#1818 on 8/27/2013 12:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]